Get Wrecked: Explorable Wreckage - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageGet Wrecked: Explorable Wreckage - Subnautica

When the Aurora explodes, where do all the chunks of debris go? What is inside them? You can now find out. An explorable wreck is now available in Subnautica Early...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TechnusTechnus Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 209990Members
    YAY will you make more thinks to explore inside the aurora?
  • Rodrigo_MartinezRodrigo_Martinez Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208202Members
    This is a small update, not the H2.0?
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    This is a small update, not the H2.0?

according to devs they will stop making big monthly updates and focus in doing more frequente smaller ones.
  • Rodrigo_MartinezRodrigo_Martinez Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208202Members
    On the trello board I see that plenty of things has been done. But no any word about the farming or new water in this update. Lack of info in the steam with exact details of the update.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    H2o (new water & lighting tech) is getting ever-closer and will probably be released next. Number of outstanding bugs have been fixed recently so we're getting more confident.

Farming will probably be released after h2o.

More Wrecks around the world will probably appear at some point.

All are subject to change due to weather, illness, zombies, alien invasion or all. :smile:
  • VlaadVlaad Join Date: 2012-10-03 Member: 161403Members
    You guys are doing great job so far.

You got yourself a supporter for early access, (first time I broke the rule on early access games) looking forward to exploring subnautica world.

I love your visions for this title, I hope well see it soon in more completed state. Make us explore more damn it! :)

• ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    That moment when you notice the new update.... so sweet! Haven't explored the new wreckage yet, but I know it'll be amazing. I am fan of these smallet and more frequent updates. Good job guys ! :)
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited December 2015
    Funny thing is, i started a new game and built my base about 20 meters from where such a piece of chunk would fall down ... i've been divig around this thing the past day and a half...

PS: Forgot to tell it's awesome. Finally the laser cutter is of use!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I LOVE DIS GAME!!! cant believe this thing is still in early access. best 20 ive invested recently :D sure it still have some bugs but its better than many game ive paid 70$+ for. Keep up the good work guys!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Vlaad wrote: »
    You guys are doing great job so far.

I love your visions for this title, I hope well see it soon in more completed state. Make us explore more damn it! :)

Indeed\ i love how this magnificent game focuses on exploration and development instead of killing everything in sight. i remember the first time i came face to face with that huge sea dragons that roams around the aurora! it was like 1am, room was completely dark ... boy i had the scare of my life =D
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I love starting a new game when a large enough update, such as this one, comes in. It's exciting seeing the differences, even if small, in the geography. I agree with those above whomping out that for an early access product, this game is awesome. It's so easy to forget it's early access and therefore not completed. Good work devs!
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I love the more frequent updates now. We'll get the Experimental treatment without starting a new save every time just because something was added while you slept
  • Subway132Subway132 Join Date: 2015-12-17 Member: 210043Members
    i cant find it is there a certain location
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    Subway132 wrote: »
    i cant find it is there a certain location

Try the Grassy Plateaus :smile:
    edited December 2015
    There's a lot of grassy plateaus...

Try the border between the Grassy Plateau and the Kelp Forest east north-east, right next to the eastern Mushroom Forest the one near the koosh zone.
    The Wreck is also at the outer area of the Radiated Zone.

That should help...
  • PhilliusMaximusPhilliusMaximus Canada Join Date: 2015-12-16 Member: 210020Members
    I deleted local content, redownloaded, experimental, new game and no wreck still. Weird bug.

Posted ticket number #239238 on the Feedback page.
    I deleted local content, redownloaded, experimental, new game and no wreck still. Weird bug.

did aurora explode already?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    What I'd like to see is when the Aurora explodes you see chunks of it, some small, some large, flying off from it and landing in the water with splashes. Some land far from you and some come dangerously close.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    Fancy update , I like that saves can be upgraded with the new content !
  • PhilliusMaximusPhilliusMaximus Canada Join Date: 2015-12-16 Member: 210020Members

did aurora explode already?

In mine the Aurora doesn't explode anymore. It hasn't for a while actually. explodeship also won't make it happen.
    Nevermind I'm a knob. I was in creative mode. Doh. All is well in other modes.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    perhaps im equally a noob, but I cant find it. And I am not in creative mode. (survival).
    It went boom eons ago.

Warping to the location some comments on the wiki described also proved useless. Making the aurora go boom again by console command seems equally useless.

Now there is a chance I keep looking in the wrong place, but after hours of looking in pretty much every grassy plateaus, especially northeast, im just giving up.
    Ideas welcome.
    perhaps im equally a noob, but I cant find it. And I am not in creative mode. (survival).
    It went boom eons ago.

Warping to the location some comments on the wiki described also proved useless. Making the aurora go boom again by console command seems equally useless.

Now there is a chance I keep looking in the wrong place, but after hours of looking in pretty much every grassy plateaus, especially northeast, im just giving up.
    Ideas welcome.
    Everybody keeps saying grassy plateaus as if that would be everything you need to know. It's very close to the border of a neighboring kelp forest as well!
    And if you look at the map you'll find that there's not much space to cover where a kelp forests meets a grassy plateau in the north-east... i'mjustsayin
  • nihilis3nihilis3 U.S Join Date: 2015-12-21 Member: 210146Members
    edited December 2015
    I could go for wrecks from other ships that have survivors you have to fight imagine how fun that would be.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited December 2015
    Yeh, im quite sure ive been in that area already. Not THAT much kelp and grassy northeast.

Do we need a new gamesave for it? I did not get a world update message when I loaded in the save.

>edit.. It did not apply to my save game. So thats why I couldnt find it.
    Its in fact close to the safe shallows I have my main base.
  • JACKNemo88JACKNemo88 JAW Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210840Members
    edited January 2016
    Could someone please get a map of subnautica and edit it by putting a mark on the point where you believe the wrecks area is. thanks much appreciated.