Rookie status

HurHurGorgeHurHurGorge Finland Join Date: 2015-12-12 Member: 209921Members
Hello,
I seem to be stuck at "Rookie" status. I have played NS 1 for 1000+ hours and according to steam profile NS 2 for 85 hours. Now I know there has been updates about game and I have taken year or so break. After coming back and playing two days none stop, way over 10 hours I am still "Rookie" with no option to take it OFF (like in old NS 2). It is very annying because on server I play I cannot Command because of my "Rookie" rank. Help me out please.

PS, this Hive thing says I played 17 min, which is incorrect and been like that for day or two.

Comments

• HurHurGorgeHurHurGorge Finland Join Date: 2015-12-12 Member: 209921Members
    No help huh? Alright fine. Before closing this issue few notes. Stats do update but when they feel like. Of 21 (probably bit less for actually gameplay) hours played this week (Steam), Hive says I played 2 hours. It still not allow me to try comm as I am still Rookie but seeing it slowly update maybe I will be able to get rid of that status in week tops. Experience has not been fun and returning back after year felt like kick in the nuts. None the less, kudos to people in game for helping me out.

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi,

There has been alot of changes in the infrastructure of NS2 lately, check out the main webpage for more information http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/

So this maybe the reason why members of the development team have been unable to help you as they have been terribly busy, summoning the elder evils now for you. @IronHorse @GhoulofGSG9 @SamusDroid @Asraniel

May your response be prompt and swift!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    Hive hasn't been working right recently, and we recently changed rookie time to be based on hive time (before it stopped working correctly), so it makes sense why it thinks you are still a rookie. Sorry about that! I also don't think that hive play time is being reported on all servers, only those whitelisted. http://hive.naturalselection2.com/servers/whitelist
    Sorry for no one responding earlier, I figured someone responded already
  • krOozekrOoze Join Date: 2014-04-24 Member: 195593Members
    edited December 2015
    Some servers do NOT update hive stats (e.g. GPlay I think). I don't think there is something wrong with your game, but we shall see what the official personell will say. Just have some patience.

To command you should have mic. In the meantime, if you have mic, you can communicate the situation to others beforehand on allchat and they should allow you, if not jerks and put equally skilled commander against you, if available.

Ups. Nevermind. Have been ninjaed by Samus.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Contact the server admin if you want to be a commander.
    I know SupaFred(owner of The Thirsty Onos servers) have white-listed people before.
  • HurHurGorgeHurHurGorge Finland Join Date: 2015-12-12 Member: 209921Members
    Yeah figured devs are probably busy and its christmas an all. I got help and info ingame from players. It seems that Hive finally started to work slowly as I keep playing. Oh and yes I checked the server list I played 99% of the time on "white listed". Ty and see you in game.