What is that maze doing there

darioushsdarioushs Join Date: 2015-12-11 Member: 209871Members
So I was exploring the area around the floating island and I came across this super deep part which I had to create 4 pressure compensation modules to get to.
Around there I found a 3d maze which I got lost into and was never able to go back and I eventually died of hunger. I had my seamoth and I was in that maze for the entire duration of its charge.
Clearly you guys went in and created that and I'm just wondering what you plan to do with it. Was it a surprise?

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I'm guessing it was a test of the seamoth sonar.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    darioushs wrote: »
    So I was exploring the area around the floating island and I came across this super deep part which I had to create 4 pressure compensation modules to get to.
    Around there I found a 3d maze which I got lost into and was never able to go back and I eventually died of hunger. I had my seamoth and I was in that maze for the entire duration of its charge.
    Clearly you guys went in and created that and I'm just wondering what you plan to do with it. Was it a surprise?

maybe some kind of secret alien test? to see if we are worthy ?????
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Actually if you sonar around you can see more passageways which are completely locked away, so far I can see. I should really bring a terraformer and just go looksy sometime.
  • darioushsdarioushs Join Date: 2015-12-11 Member: 209871Members
    Actually if you sonar around you can see more passageways which are completely locked away, so far I can see. I should really bring a terraformer and just go looksy sometime.
    darioushs wrote: »

maybe some kind of secret alien test? to see if we are worthy ?????

Yea after some searching around the forums, I can see this being where aliens exists, the only thing is that its not deep enough.
    We need answers devs and we need them NAO! :smiley:
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    edited December 2015
    @darioushs Do you know where the coordinates are for that "labyrinth", could you post them!

as for @Obraxis could you explain the 'maze' and its purpose?, we're all kind of scratching our heads. :smile: , at least I am.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »
    devs we're waiting

Player, we're dev-ing :wink:
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    devs we're waiting
    Wow... seriously?
    Just curious, how old are you?

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Its not that uncommon to find weird areas in alpha builds. Could be anything. a area they will move later, testing.. etc
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    edited December 2015
    devs we're waiting
    Wow... seriously?
    Just curious, how old are you?

it was a joke. :wink:
    had too much coffee…

of course that was like what… two weeks ago...
  • Vorgon_JealtzVorgon_Jealtz Join Date: 2015-12-25 Member: 210320Members
    I agree with Racer1, it's probably a way of testing the Sonar on the Seamoth