[Nostalgia] Natural Selection 1 (Half-Life Mod)

AcrafyAcrafy Spain Join Date: 2015-12-03 Member: 209700Members
Nostalgia

Well, it's been a long time and maybe already talked enough about this issue but do not know why this happened.

I remember 5-6 years ago (or perhaps more) I was playing all day and every day one of the best mod of Half-Life.

Natural Selection.

Well, I have not played this great game for quite a while and do not know what happened to the Steam store or no longer appears as mod.

Could someone tell me what happened to this game there is no longer servers running?

Thanks.

Comments

• AcrafyAcrafy Spain Join Date: 2015-12-03 Member: 209700Members
    Ps: I Recently buy HL1 for play this game again and i couldnt find it anywhere
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited December 2015
    You can still download the ns1 mod over on the natural selection 1 page on the uwe home page and install it like you used to. Game has been dead for years though as most of the old vets moved onto ns2. Game is over 15 years old now and ns2 is a better game overall.
  • AcrafyAcrafy Spain Join Date: 2015-12-03 Member: 209700Members
    aeroripper wrote: »
    You can still download the ns1 mod over on the natural selection 1 page on the uwe home page and install it like you used to. Game has been dead for years though as most of the old vets moved onto ns2. Game is over 15 years old now and ns2 is a better game overall.

I have NS2 but didnt play yet because i've seen that havent "co" maps, i meant, all maps are with commander and "hive's mind" but i didnt see any gameplay or pic or about of a map only for Deathmatch like "Co_Faceoff" or "Co_Daimos" and the game NS2: Combat is dead no one play this game actually.

I would like the community of NS1 come back.

Anyways can you give me the link to donwload NS1 please (?)

Thanks.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2015
    Well there is a combat mod for Natural Selection 2 itself, but the official combat mod has gone stand alone under the badge NS2:Combat (also on steam store or in a NS2 package)

Steam Store links:
    Natural Selection 2, by Unknown Worlds Entertainment (UWE)
    NS2:Combat is indeed a stand alone game and the people playing are using a gather system, this game is not made by UWE but by Faultline Games

Natural Selection still has about 6 servers, I have no idea how many players.
    http://unknownworlds.com/ns/
    http://unknownworlds.com/ns/download-files/

And after all these years Bry still has his file server online:
    http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files/index.php

phasing this to the NS forums
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Natural Selection still has about 6 servers, I have no idea how many players.

I checked. Currently it has 3 players on a bot-infested CO-server. It's dead jim.