Need some intel

[AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
I fired up yakushima after a long time and the console is pointing out that it has some trouble with the pathing mesh and fastload:

[ 96.924] Worker 14 : Loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
Loading pathing mesh for level maps/ns2_yakushima.level
[111.835] Worker 14 : Error: Unable to open 'fastload/maps/ns2_yakushima.level-server.tile_cache_grid' (usage 0x1)
Couldn't find pathing mesh file maps/ns2_yakushima.level-server.tile_cache_grid, building it now ...
Finished loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
Loading config://HistoryServers.json
[132.647] Worker 06 : Loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
[133.263] Worker 06 : Error: Unable to open 'fastload/maps/ns2_yakushima.level-client.tile_cache_grid' (usage 0x1)
Couldn't find pathing mesh file maps/ns2_yakushima.level-client.tile_cache_grid, building it now ...
Client : 0.000000 : INFO: LuaJIT setup: maxtrace=17,000, maxmcode=32,000
Loading took 9.0373802427656 seconds

Haven't touched the editor for a long time. Did something change, do I have to change an entity or create some fastload stuff?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I fired up yakushima after a long time and the console is pointing out that it has some trouble with the pathing mesh and fastload:

[ 96.924] Worker 14 : Loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
    [111.835] Worker 14 : Error: Unable to open 'fastload/maps/ns2_yakushima.level-server.tile_cache_grid' (usage 0x1)
    Couldn't find pathing mesh file maps/ns2_yakushima.level-server.tile_cache_grid, building it now ...
    Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
    Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
    Loading config://HistoryServers.json
    [132.647] Worker 06 : Loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
    [133.263] Worker 06 : Error: Unable to open 'fastload/maps/ns2_yakushima.level-client.tile_cache_grid' (usage 0x1)
    Couldn't find pathing mesh file maps/ns2_yakushima.level-client.tile_cache_grid, building it now ...
    Client : 0.000000 : INFO: LuaJIT setup: maxtrace=17,000, maxmcode=32,000
    Loading took 9.0373802427656 seconds

Haven't touched the editor for a long time. Did something change, do I have to change an entity or create some fastload stuff?

You can now ship the pathing mesh with your map, so it doesn't have to be build by the clients. By doing so you shorten the first time loading of your map slightly.

All you have to do is to load up your map ones and run the builder.

Please note that the 277 builder_setup.xml contains a bug and a fixed version is avaible here.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Thanks a lot. Worked without problems!
    Btw.: The builder.exe didn't close and was running three times after I used it a few times. Had to terminate it in the task manager before I could run ns2.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Btw.: The builder.exe didn't close and was running three times after I used it a few times. Had to terminate it in the task manager before I could run ns2.

If you close builder with "exit", it closes fine. If you close it with the "X" in the upper-right corner, it will continue to run. :(
    Ok. Good to know. But the ns2 exe doesn't stop running as well. And I just quit normaly from the menu. It keeps running 80% of the time.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Ok. Good to know. But the ns2 exe doesn't stop running as well. And I just quit normaly from the menu. It keeps running 80% of the time.

Hmm, THAT one is new to me.
    At least steam is now showing that a game is still running. Now I don't have to guess anymore xD
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    I have a handy batch file that. Put the following into a batch file and run it. Sometimes even if you close builder right it creates duplicates, and if you try to build sounds then it will leave fmod_designercl.exe running and fail to build sounds. For me sometimes explorer.exe duplicates as well and I will have a whole bunch of them running for no reason. This closes all of those and restarts explorer

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    start explorer.exe
    taskkill /f /im Builder.exe
    taskkill /f /im Overview.exe
    taskkill /f /im hl.exe
    taskkill /f /im ns2.exe
    taskkill /f /im fmod_designercl.exe
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2015
    Why the hell do you kill hl.exe?

Why is Half-Life running with the builder??

Natural-Half-Life-Selection 33 confirmed!!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't know, it's a collection of different things over the years. I think it's from ns1 or something that kept running.