My game keeps crashing from the new water system.

KapadieKapadie Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208552Members
Dear Unknown Worlds Entertainment,

The new graphics system for the water is very beautiful, but it constantly causes my game to crash. Even at the lowest graphics settings, Subnautica crashes after just 1 minute of gameplay (it crashes instantly if I try to use the seaglide). I believe my graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, and I do not want to have to get a better graphics card because of this. I understand that I can just not use experimental mode, but when the update comes out, I do not want this happening all the time.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    It is called the experimental branch for a reason. What goes on there is an experiment, and not suitable for normal play. They have a lot of work to do on the visuals, as mentioned many times, so do not worry.

They will ensure they are working well* before releasing into the main branch.

*working well does not guarantee no problems of course, remember, this is still Early Access, so even in the main branch, problems are to be expected.
  • dethovudethovu Join Date: 2009-06-23 Member: 67906Members
    I am also crashing to desktop with a "graphics driver has crashed and reset" error ever since the graphics upgrade patch (experimental) -- I also am running a AMD 6800 series with latest drivers.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    because of all these Bugs, I've given up on the experimental version, from now on I stick with the Main Branch =)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    because of all these Bugs, I've given up on the experimental version, from now on I stick with the Main Branch =)

If you want to play the game, that is the branch to be on. :D

Remember to report any bugs you find in the main branch, although they may already be reported, it helps with understanding the cause. :D