Weekly Poll: Submarine Types/Classes

SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
Alright guys… last week I posted a poll, today I viewed that poll happy to say that "New Subs" wins!!!

So now here is a poll for what type of subs… as usual give pictures/videos explaining your ship class.

Have example in comments.

[REDACTED] If OVER five people choose the exosuit I will go ahead and plan the next few polls about exosuits!!!

Comments

• SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »
    Also new submarines ALWAYS.

1. with like removable extra air tanks, and maybe a camera that can pan around, basically a upgraded version of the sea moth, Like new sea moth. Tier 2

c3qjn6q4ms8f.jpeg
    8dfb5b802u7l.jpeg

2. with hangar for seamoth and exosuit. comes with huge top deck with big windows. Galley, (Kitchen), bathroom, research room with HUGE 3d map, like on sea glide.

lhohuxtpp165.jpg
  • rainer128rainer128 United states Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209096Members
    The Capital Would be amazing, I'd be building stuff in so many locations with something like that to move around in. this would be hard to get bored over as I love to build huge ships in space engineer's so I'm biased towards this option haha, but would be so worth it lol. if that was not possible the dread would be my other pick thanks for this poll very interesting.
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    Something between Cyclops and Seamoth would be great. With fix installed storage and optional propulsion to grab without leaving the sub.
  • fireboy633fireboy633 america Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209279Members
    we shud get the ggiant sub who doesnt want there underwater base IN a moving thing :D
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    How about we do more subs... eventually. I mean I like the ideas, but we are just now getting to the point the existing 2 subs are becoming "upgradable", if we add more ships there will just be more people asking for expansion \ modification \ variants of those. I would rather the Devs focus on an established method of upgrading a vessel, that the community likes and has visual and practical pay-offs. Once that is established we can add other vessels.

There are so many core elements to the game that are still in pre-alpha, I'd just as soon they figure out the infastructure before getting too distracted with all the peripheria. Just my opinion of course, but that is typically how early access games die a premature death.
    I couldn't agree more. Let the developers make their game. If it's good so far, then we should trust that their finished product will be even better.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I voted for a Capital Ship, but what I really want is a floating platform to build a base on that can be moved and anchored.
    How about we do more subs... eventually. I mean I like the ideas, but we are just now getting to the point the existing 2 subs are becoming "upgradable", if we add more ships there will just be more people asking for expansion \ modification \ variants of those. I would rather the Devs focus on an established method of upgrading a vessel, that the community likes and has visual and practical pay-offs. Once that is established we can add other vessels.

There are so many core elements to the game that are still in pre-alpha, I'd just as soon they figure out the infastructure before getting too distracted with all the peripheria. Just my opinion of course, but that is typically how early access games die a premature death.

My poll before this dealt with that, I actually really considered that idea since in the past people didn't want new subs so Major Upgrades and variants are a Great Idea. Although I still prefer new subs.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Under the sea, under the sea...
    Honestly, I think the type of sub I'd most like to see would be one that can go so far underwater that you're in hell. Like, the Monarch idea I proposed. Able to go up to 20 km deep (our own Mariana Trench is only 12km.)
  • Th3Gam1ngWiz4rdTh3Gam1ngWiz4rd 4546B Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209300Members
    Honestly if we get the Capital Ship in the game, a new creature, just as big, if not bigger than the Capital Ship, should be implemented to even the odds between humans and creatures.
    It would make it a whole lot more dangerous!
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    My poll before this dealt with that, I actually really considered that idea since in the past people didn't want new subs so Major Upgrades and variants are a Great Idea. Although I still prefer new subs.

And I'm not trying squash your ideas. I've my own threads involving what I'd love to see happen to the base building, I just know as a community we have to contain some of our enthusiasm until we have a solid core game. Not easy I admit.
    Good Advice thank you.

Also great discussion love the pictures.

I Guess I have been a little ESPASTIC, so yeah I am going to be more cool and yeah probably should release enthusiasm when it is set in stone. :smile:
    Hmm looking at results…

No votes for Exosuit?
    Good Advice thank you.

Also great discussion love the pictures.

I Guess I have been a little ESPASTIC, so yeah I am going to be more cool and yeah probably should release enthusiasm when it is set in stone. :smile:

Well, don't cool your jets too much, lol. Ideas are always a good thing, it's their timing that's key. I don't think anything is ever "set in stone" when it comes to game development, but we do get to a state of feature lock at some point. There's just a lot of 'feel your way' when it comes to early access so focus on a set of core ideas (pillars of development) seems to be important before a lot of deversification becomes healthy.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited November 2015
    Thinking bay for cyclops. Dual Decks
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    The Capital Ship so far? Uh .. big boys - big toys, what? *G
    But serious: Where do you think to move this thing? Scrape it from reef to reef while just turning around in about a minute? And what is it good for? Feel safe? Superior? I'm curious!

Anyway, if you'd get a sporty middle class reaper hunter you would have more fun.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I believe there may be one more bigger sub planned....
    subnauticadesign_zpscbx1b7ji.jpg
  • rainer128rainer128 United states Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209096Members

I couldn't agree more. Let the developers make their game. If it's good so far, then we should trust that their finished product will be even better.

dangit I can't agree or disagree with this :'(. anyhow I love how you put you're trust in the dev's, most usually complain to them. The fact that they even made this A (unfinished game) open to us all, tell's me they want to hear from us. so that's where the disagree comes in. >.< but still we don't need to overload them with to much if we can all agree on the most popular post's there may be a chance you might see it happen (maybe).
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited November 2015
    This:

rmm6blsty3ii.jpg

It's a decent size, but not Star Destroyer material like so many people want. Who knows, pretty soon players will be asking to build their own miniature rocket ship to leave the planet and defeat the purpose of this game entirely...

Let's be realistic here. This game isn't Super Sub Simulator '06, it's an underwater exploration/survival game. My bet is that Capital Ships will never be a thing because it would move this game's development along a completely different vector... I can't believe I even have to state this.

It's cool to have imaginations run wild, but I don't see what Capital Ships have to do with Subnautica. :/

Yeah, it might be cool, but it would make the player impervious to the danger aspect of this game. Also, super-massive-continent-sized-creatures-that-hunt-the-player arguments are invalid - because they are way outside the game's own logic, plausibility, and developmental restrictions.
    This:

rmm6blsty3ii.jpg

It's a decent size, but not Star Destroyer material like so many people want. Who knows, pretty soon players will be asking to build their own miniature rocket ship to leave the planet and defeat the purpose of this game entirely...

Let's be realistic here. This game isn't Super Sub Simulator '06, it's an underwater exploration/survival game. My bet is that Capital Ships will never be a thing because it would move this game's development along a completely different vector... I can't believe I even have to state this.

It's cool to have imaginations run wild, but I don't see what Capital Ships have to do with Subnautica. :/

Yeah, it might be cool, but it would make the player impervious to the danger aspect of this game. Also, super-massive-continent-sized-creatures-that-hunt-the-player arguments are invalid - because they are way outside the game's own logic, plausibility, and developmental restrictions.

Thats pretty much my Idea of a cruiser and since it is a little bit bigger than a cyclops, I think it would be OK. Otherwise I agree with your comment.

P.S. Is there a Super Sub Simulator '06, I would LOVE to play it :)
  • GriffinCGriffinC New York Join Date: 2015-11-26 Member: 209499Members
    Capital Ship, but REALLLLLLLY, I repeat REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hard to make

((REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hard))
    The_Shark wrote: »
    • FF-1 (Floating Fortress)
    o Whale (Light Command Hub)
     170 meters
    • 25 meters per second
    • 5 mps/s
    • 2000 meters
    • 2500 meters
    • Hull breach below 2250 meters
    • 100 meters per 1 power
    • 1600 per Uranium Cell
    o 4
    o 1 Large, 8 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 1000 meters)
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power harnessed from one Uranium Cell)
    • Small: SeaMoth Dock (Docks the SeaMoth utility submersible)
    • Small: Sailfish Dock (Docks the Sailfish personal transport)
    • Small: Ogre Bay (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    • Small: Monarch Dock (Docks the Monarch light depth-exploration submarine)
    • Small: Living Area (8 beds, 8 footlockers with 8x4 storage, and a fabricator)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (8 storage lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Large: Duck Hangar (Docks the Duck light combat submersible)
    • Large: Loosejaw Dock (Docks the Loosejaw medium utility submarine)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (16 storage lockers with 6x8 storage)
    o The smallest of the mothership submarines, but small is a relative term. The entire FF series is meant to be powerful enough to work as a mobile base of operations.

• FF-2 (Floating Fortress)
    o Titan (Medium Command Hub)
     340 meters
    • 10 meters per second
    • 5 mps/s
    • 1000 meters
    • 1250 meters
    • Hull breach below 1250 meters
    • 125 meters per 1 power
    • 1600 per Uranium Cell
    o 8
    o 1 Large, 4 Medium, 8 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 1000 meters)
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power harnessed from one Uranium Cell)
    • Medium: Duck Hangar (Docks the Duck light combat submersible)
    • Medium: Loosejaw Dock (Docks the Loosejaw medium utility submarine)
    • Medium: Medium Storage Compartment (16 storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (32 storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Large: Cyclops Dock (Docks the Cyclops heavy utility submarine)
    • Large: Colony Dock (Docks the Colony group transport)
    • Large: Herakles Dock (Docks the Herakles heavy cargo submarine)
    • Large: Strongarm Dock (Docks the Strongarm crawler-carrier submarine)
    • Large: Pirahna Dock (Docks the Pirahna medium combat submersible)
    • Large: Tubeworm Dock (Docks the Tubeworm heavy depth-exploration submarine)
    • Large: SeaStar Bay (Docks the SeaStar light seafloor crawler)
    o The Titan is middle-size of the motherships. Even so, it’s large enough that sound would take a full second to travel across its length.

• FF-3 (Floating Fortress)
    o Colossus (Heavy Command Hub)
     680 meters
    • 5 meters per second
    • 0.5 mps/s
    • 250 meters
    • 500 meters
    • Hull breach below 750 meters
    • 250 meters per 1 power
    • 1600 per Uranium Cell
    o 16
    o 8 Large, 8 Medium, 16 Small, 1 Gargantuan
     Improved Thruster (increases max speed by 5 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (Quadruples acceleration speed)
    • Medium: Duck Hangar (Docks the Duck light combat submersible)
    • Medium: Loosejaw Dock (Docks the Loosejaw medium utility submarine)
    • Medium: Medium Storage Compartment (16 storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (32 storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Large: Cyclops Dock (Docks the Cyclops heavy utility submarine)
    • Large: Colony Dock (Docks the Colony group transport)
    • Large: Herakles Dock (Docks the Herakles heavy cargo submarine)
    • Large: Strongarm Dock (Docks the Strongarm crawler-carrier submarine)
    • Large: Pirahna Dock (Docks the Pirahna medium combat submersible)
    • Large: Tubeworm Dock (Docks the Tubeworm heavy depth-exploration submarine)
    • Large: SeaStar Bay (Docks the SeaStar light seafloor crawler)
    • Gargantuan: Megalodon Dock (Docks the Megalodon heavy combat submarine)
    • Gargantuan: Snail Bay (Docks the Snail heavy seafloor crawler)
    • Gargantuan: Ultra Storage Compartment (64 storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    o Ah, the Colossus. This has been an idea of mine since I first joined the Forums. It’s meant to be the final word in vehicles. Considerably longer than any IRL aircraft carrier, and even capable of carrying the largest of vehicles. Nothing will get in your way.

• EM-1 (Engineering Mech)
    o Ogre (Light Exosuit)
     4 meters
    • 8 meters per second
    • 4 mps/s
    • 5000 meters
    • 10000 meters
    • Hull breach below 7500 meters
    • 250 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 2
    o 2 Arm, 1 Back
     Internal Supports (Increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 5000 meters)
     Escape Pod (Allows the player to escape from the exosuit and be jettisoned directly to the surface)
    • Arm: Terraformer (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Builder (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Flashlight (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Welder (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Grasper (Allows the player to grab items and either move them around or collect them from inside the suit. Similar to the Propulsion Cannon, but with far reduced range.)
    • Back: Thruster (Increases movement speed by 4 meters per second)
    • Back: Power Pack (Allows the suit to hold 4 additional power cells)
    o Basically, this is my thoughts on the current exosuit that’s in development. I’ve always thought that everything needs a name, and “exosuit” just wasn’t enough. So, behold the Ogre. I’m a person who thinks the exosuit (Ogre) should act as an outer skin, still able to do many of the things the player can, but able to dive far deeper without being crushed.

• EM-2 (Engineering Mech)
    o Golem (Heavy Exosuit)
     16 meters
    • 16 meters per second
    • 2 mps/s
    • 2500 meters
    • 10000 meters
    • Hull breach below 9000 meters
    • 125 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 8
    o 2 Arm, 2 Back
     Internal Supports (Increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 5000 meters)
     Escape Pod (Allows the player to escape from the exosuit and be jettisoned directly to the surface)
     Electric Current Modifier (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power that can be harnessed from a single Power Cell.
     External Supports (Increases safe depth and crush depth by 10000 meters, but only increases implosion-if-damaged depth by 2500 meters)
    • Arm: Terraformer (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Builder (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Flashlight (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Welder (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Grasper (Allows the player to grab items and either move them around or collect them from inside the suit. Similar to the Propulsion Cannon, but with far reduced range.)
    • Arm: Repulsion Cannon (Works the same as the handheld version)
    • Arm: Minnow Torpedo (Can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, ILLUMA, and DETECT warheads)
    • Back: Thruster Pack (Increases movement speed by 8 meters per second)
    • Back: Power Pack (Allows the suit to hold 8 additional power cells)
    • Back: Evacuation Thruster (Launches the exosuit 500 meters upwards, to help escape potential danger. A second thruster will increase this launch distance to 2500 meters.)
    • Back: Storage Container (a single 8x6 storage compartment)
    o The Golem is a scaled-up version of the Ogre. A towering mechanical walker, the Golem is, again, meant to do the same things the player can, but far deeper down. It doesn’t hurt that it can do things the player can’t, though. Carrying an extra two inventories sure can help.

• AM-1 (Aerial Machine)
    o Falcon (Light Airborne Transport)
     20 meters
    • 680 meters per second
    • 170 mps/s
    • 0 meters down, 1000 meters up
    • 5 meters down, 2000 meters up
    • Hull breach below 50 meters, hull breach above 1750 meters
    • 1360 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 2
    o 4
     Hull Supports (increases safe height, unstable height, and explosion-if-damaged height by 1250 meters)
     Thrust Focusers (increases maximum speed by 680 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (doubles acceleration speed)
    • Minnow Torpedo Tube (Can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Swarm, ILLUMA, and DETECT warheads)
    • Storage Tube (a single 6x8 storage container)
    o The Falcon, like all of the aerial vehicles on this list, is meant to be able to fly. Obviously. Anyway, it’s designed around the idea of the Harrier VTOL jet, able to fly directly upwards, and then suddenly blast up to Mach 2 is four seconds. With both upgrades dedicated to Thrust Focusers, it will travel Mach 6, which is incredibly slightly over 2 kilometers per second. When you have the need for speed, go with the Falcon.

• AM-2 (Aerial Machine)
    o Condor (Heavy Airborne Transport)
     40 meters
    • 340 meters per second
    • 34 mps/s
    • 0 meters down, 2500 meters up
    • 500 meters down, 7500 meters up
    • Hull breach below 500 meters, hull breach above 5000 meters
    • 680 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 4
     Hull Supports (increases safe height, unstable height, and explosion-if-damaged height by 1250 meters. Also increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 250 meters.)
     Thrust Focusers (increases maximum speed by 340 meters per second)
     Ejector Seat (Launches the player in a 3-meter-diameter glass sphere 500 meters upwards. Gravity will then take effect. The bubble will open when it stops moving.)
    • Minnow Torpedo Tubes (Can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Swarm, ILLUMA, and DETECT warheads)
    • Storage Tube (a single 6x8 storage container)
    o The Condor, like the bird of the same name, is meant to be big and powerful. Able to carry the same things as the Falcon, though in larger amounts. Maximum speed without upgrades is Mach 1, and with all upgrades to speed, Mach 5.

• AM-3 (Aerial Machine)
    o Roc (Airborne Command Hub)
     160 meters
    • 170 meters per second
    • 17 mps/s
    • 250 meters down, 500 meters up
    • 1250 meters down, 1500 meters up
    • Hull breach below 750 meters, hull breach above 750 meters
    • 170 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 8
    o 2 Large, 4 Medium, 8 Small
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power that can be harnessed from each Power Cell)
     Hull Supports (increases safe height, unstable height, and explosion-if-damaged height by 1000 meters. Also increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 500 meters.)
     Thrust Focusers (increases maximum speed by 170 meters per second)
     Ejector Seat (Launches the player in a 3-meter-diameter glass sphere 500 meters upwards. Gravity will then take effect. The bubble will open when it stops moving.)
    • Small: Minnow Torpedo Bay (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Vibro, Swarm, ILLUMA, WIRE, and DETECT warheads)
    • Small: Small Storage Room (8 lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Small: Laboratory (DNA analyzer, fragment analyzer, fabricator, and any other crafting stations that are added in the future)
    • Small: Living Area (4 beds, 4 footlockers with 4x8 storage, and a fabricator)
    • Medium: Storage Compartment (16 lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Medium: Skimmer Dock (Docks the Skimmer high-speed personal transport)
    • Medium: Ogre Dock (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    • Medium: Goliath Torpedo Bay (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, and Vibro warheads)
    • Large: SeaMoth Dock (Docks the Seamoth utility submersible)
    • Large: Sailfish Dock (Docks the Sailfish personal transport)
    • Large: Falcon Hangar (Docks the Falcon light aerial vehicle)
    o The largest of the three flying vehicles. Like the mythical Roc, it’s a massive flying monster that casts a shadow that terrifies everything in its path. The mythical creature eats elephants, this one just needs power cells. Large enough to carry SeaMoths, Sailfish, and Falcons. Maximum speed without upgrades is Mach .5, with this increasing to Mach 4.5 with full speed upgrades.
    • US-1 (Utility Submersible)
    o SeaMoth (Light Utility Submersible)
     4 meters
    • 12.7 meters per second
    • 1.27 mps/s
    • 125 meters
    • 225 meters
    • Hull breach below 250 meters
    • 106.5 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 2 Large, 2 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 250 meters)
     Improved Thruster (increases speed by 6.35 meters per second)
    • Large: Minnow Torpedo Tube (Can cycle through SANIK, Vibro, Swarm, ILLUMA, and DETECT warheads)
    • Large: Propulsion Cannon (acts as a tractor beam to collect things without needing to get out of the sub)
    • Large: Storage Tube (2x8 storage container)
    • Small: Storage Crate (3x3 storage container
    • Small: Collision Buffer (halves hull damage from collisions when below safe depth)
    o It’s the SeaMoth we all know and love. Not much else to tell about this little guy.

• US-2 (Utility Submersible)
    o Cyclops (Heavy Utility Submarine)
     54.5 meters
    • 7.4 meters per second
    • 0.74 mps/s
    • 100 meters
    • 200 meters
    • 7.4 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 2 Small, 1 Large
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 100 meters)
     Shell Stabilizer (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 400 meters)
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power that can be harnessed from one Power Cell)
     Improved Thruster (increases speed by 3.7 meters per second)
    • Small: Sonar Emitter (allows sonar pulses every ten seconds, similar to the SeaMoth)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (4 storage lockers with 8x4 space in each)
    • Small: Laboratory (has a fabricator, DNA analyzer, fragment analyzer, and any other crafting stations that may be added in the future)
    • Small: Living Area (has four beds, with an 8x4 space footlocker next to each)
    • Large: SeaMoth Dock (Docks the SeaMoth, like the Cyclops currently does)
    • Large: Ogre Dock (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    • Large: Goliath Torpedo Bay (Can cycle through SANIK, Vibro, and Mole warheads)
    • Large: Sailfish Dock (docks the Sailfish high-speed personal transport)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (8 storage lockers with 8x6 space each)
    o The Cyclops. What else is there to say?

• US-3 (Utility Submersible)
    o Loosejaw (Medium Utility Submarine)
     20 meters
    • 10 meters per second
    • 2 mps/s
    • 400 meters
    • 500 meters
    • Hull breach below 450 meters
    • 10 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 6
    o 2
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 500 meters)
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power harnessed from one Power Cell)
     Improved Thruster (increases speed by 2.5 meters per second)
    • Wall Anchor (Allows the sub to be anchored to terrain for stability)
    • Sonar Emitter (allows sonar pulses every ten seconds, similar to the SeaMoth)
    • Storage Compartment (4 storage lockers with 8x4 space in each)
    • Living Area (Has two beds, two footlockers with 8x4 space in each, and a fabricator)
    o Meant to strike a balance between the abilities of the Seamoth and the Cyclops. Shaped somewhat like its namesake, the Stoplight Loosejaw.

• DE-1 (Deep Exploration)
    o Tubeworm (Heavy Abyss Exploration Submarine)
     57.5 meters
    • 5 meters per second
    • 0.1 mps/s
    • 5000 meters
    • 10000 meters
    • Hull breach below 5000 meters
    • 50 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 6
    o 2 Large, 2 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 2500 meters)
     Power Upgrade (doubles maximum power storage and the amount of power harnessed from one Power Cell)
     Improved Thruster (Increases speed by 2.5 meters per second)
    • Small: Sonar Emitter (allows sonar pulses every ten seconds, similar to the SeaMoth)
    • Small: Advanced Scanner Array (Shows the temperature of surrounding water, pressure in kilograms per square centimeter, life signs within 250 meters, and mineral types within 250 meters)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (4 storage lockers with 8x4 space in each)
    • Large: Living Area (Has four beds and four footlockers with 8x4 space in each)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (Has eight storage lockers with 8x6 space in each)
    • Large: Monarch Docking Arm (Extendable arm which can grab the Monarch at the porthole, allowing the pilot to safely travel between the two craft)
    o It’s a big tube. What else is there to say?

• DE-2 (Deep Exploration)
    o Monarch (Light Abyss Exploration Submarine)
     13.8 meters
    • 15 meters per second
    • 5 mps/s
    • 10000 meters
    • 20000 meters
    • Hull breach below 10000 meters
    • 25 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 8
    o 2
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 10000 meters)
     Improved Thruster (increases speed by 5 meters per second)
    • Sonar Emitter (allows sonar pulses every ten seconds, similar to the SeaMoth)
    • Advanced Scanner Array (Shows the temperature of surrounding water, pressure in kilograms per square centimeter, life signs within 250 meters, and mineral types within 250 meters)
    • Living Area (Has one bed, one footlocker with 8x4 storage space, and a fabricator)
    • Storage Compartment (Has two lockers with 8x6 storage space)
    o Incredibly small, but has enough internal compartments to be lived in for short periods of time.
    • FC-1 (Floor Crawler)
    o Snail (Heavy Seafloor Crawler)
     70 meters
    • 5 meters per second
    • 25 mps/s
    • 500 meters
    • 1000 meters
    • Hull breach below 1000 meters
    • 1 meter per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 16
    o 1 Large, 2 Medium, 2 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 750 meters)
     Improved Treads (Increases speed by 1 meter per second)
     Tread Blades (increases the maximum climb angle by fifteen degrees. Default is thirty degrees.)
    • Small: Storage Compartment (Has sixteen storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Small: Living Area (Has eight beds and eight footlockers with 8x4 storage)
    • Small: Laboratory (Has a fabricator, a DNA analyzer, a fragment analyzer, and any crafting stations added in the future)
    • Medium: Sailfish Dock (Docks the Sailfish personal transport)
    • Medium: SeaMoth Dock (Docks the SeaMoth utility submersible)
    • Medium: Ogre Bay (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    • Large: Loosejaw Dock (Docks the Loosejaw medium utility submarine)
    • Large: Duck Hangar (Docks the Duck light combat submersible)
    • Large: Golem Bay (Docks the Golem heavy engineering mech)
    o This monster is based on the Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte. My tank is fight.

• FC-2 (Floor Crawler)
    o SeaStar (Light Seafloor Crawler)
     10.2 meters
    • 10 meters per second
    • 5 mps/s
    • 250 meters
    • 500 meters
    • Hull breach below 500 meters
    • 10 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 1 Large, 4 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 1500 meters)
     Improved Treads (Increases speed by 5 meters per second)
     Tread Blades (increases the maximum climb angle by fifteen degrees. Default is forty-five degrees.)
    • Small: Storage Compartment (Has sixteen storage lockers with 8x6 storage)
    • Small: Living Area (Has eight beds and eight footlockers with 8x4 storage)
    • Small: Laboratory (Has a fabricator, a DNA analyzer, a fragment analyzer, and any crafting stations added in the future)
    • Large: SeaMoth Dock (Docks the SeaMoth utility submersible)
    • Large: Ogre Bay (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    o Has four “arms” which hold the treads, but the majority of the vehicle is a single sphere in the center.

• CS-1 (Combat Submersible)
    o Duck (Light Undersea Fighter)
     18.92 meters
    • 68 meters per second
    • 34 mps/s
    • 500 meters
    • 500 meters
    • Hull breach below 400 meters
    • 136 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 2
    o 3 Small, 2 Large
     Improved Thruster (increases maximum speed by 68 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (doubles acceleration rate)
    • Small: Minnow Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Large: Two Minnow Torpedo Tubes (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Large: Goliath Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, and Mole warheads)
    o Heavily based on the F-22 Raptor stealth fighter.

• CS-2 (Combat Submersible)
    o Piranha (Medium Undersea Fighter)
     30 meters
    • 34 meters per second
    • 68 mps/s
    • 250 meters
    • 300 meters
    • Hull breach below 200 meters
    • 136 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 4 Small, 4 Large
     Improved Thruster (increases maximum speed by 34 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (doubles acceleration rate)
    • Small: Minnow Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Large: Two Minnow Torpedo Tubes (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Large: Goliath Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, and Mole warheads)
    o Because Piranha. The same variety of weapons as the Raptor, but can hold more of them.

• CS-3 (Combat Submersible)
    o Megalodon (Heavy Undersea Fighter)
     75 meters
    • 17 meters per second
    • 1 mps/s
    • 500 meters
    • 1000 meters
    • 34 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 16
    o 16 Small, 8 Medium, 4 Large, 8 Internal
     Improved Thruster (increases maximum speed by 17 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (quadruples acceleration rate)
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 750 meters)
    • Medium: Two Minnow Torpedo Tubes (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Medium: Goliath Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, and Mole warheads)
    • Large: Four Minnow Torpedo Tubes (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, Mole, Swarm, and ILLUMA warheads)
    • Large: Two Goliath Torpedo Tubes (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, Chronus, Vibro, and Mole warheads)
    • Large: Angel Torpedo Tube (can cycle through SANIK, Cleave, and Vibro warheads)
    • Internal: Storage Compartment (16 storage lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Internal: Living Area (16 beds, 16 footlockers with 4x8 storage, and a fabricator)
    • Internal: Laboratory (fabricator, DNA analyzer, fragment analyzer, and any other crafting stations added in the future)
    • Internal: Advanced Scanner Array (Shows the temperature of surrounding water, pressure in kilograms per square centimeter, life signs within 250 meters, and mineral types within 250 meters)
    • Internal: Sonar Emitter Sonar Emitter (allows sonar pulses every ten seconds, similar to the SeaMoth)
    o Now we get to the biggest combat vehicle in this list. Based on IRL attack submarines such as the Seawolf, Los Angeles, and Virginia class in the employ of the US Navy. Like the prehistoric predator it’s named after, this giant is the most vicious fish available.

• CT-1 (Cargo Transport)
    o Turtle (Light Cargo Submarine)
     20 meters
    • 10 meters per second
    • 0.5 mps/s
    • 500 meters
    • 750 meters
    • Hull breach below 700 meters
    • 25 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 2
    o 4 Large, 6 Small
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 250 meters)
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 2.5 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (Quadruples acceleration rate)
    • Small: Small Storage Tube Compartment (8 storage tubes with 2x8 storage)
    • Small: Small Storage Crate Compartment (8 storage crates with 3x3 storage)
    • Large: Large Storage Tube Compartment (16 storage tubes with 2x8 storage)
    • Large: Large Storage Crate Compartment (16 storage crates with 3x3 storage)
    o Shaped somewhat like its namesake. This sub is a big, flattened sphere, with thrusters on the side that look suspiciously like flippers, and a cockpit shaped like a turtle’s skull.

• CT-2 (Cargo Transport)
    o Herakles (Heavy Cargo Submarine)
     50 meters
    • 5 meters per second
    • 0.25 mps/s
    • 1000 meters
    • 1500 meters
    • Hull breach below 1250 meters
    • 10 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 1 Large, 2 Medium, 2 Small
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 2.5 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (Quadruples acceleration rate)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (4 storage lockers with 4x8 storage)
    • Small: Laboratory (DNA analyzer, fragment analyzer, and any other crafting station added in the future, with the exception of a fabricator)
    • Small: Miniature Biosphere (8 Aquariums)
    • Medium: Storage Tube Compartment (8 storage tubes with 2x8 storage)
    • Medium: Storage Crate Compartment (8 storage crates with 3x3 storage)
    • Medium: Living Area (4 beds, 4 footlockers with 4x8 storage, and a fabricator)
    • Large: Large Storage Tube Compartment (16 storage tubes with 2x8 storage)
    • Large: Large Storage Crate Compartment (16 storage crates with 3x3 storage)
    o Very odd-shaped. It’s a big tube, with an engine hanging off the back, and a huge, curved underbelly section for the storage.

• CT-3 (Cargo Transport)
    o Strongarm (Seafloor Crawler Lifter)
     40 meters
    • 7.5 meters per second
    • 2.5 mps/s
    • 2500 meters
    • 5000 meters
    • Hull breach below 4500 meters
    • 15 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 4 Small, 1 Large
     Hull Reinforcement (increases safe depth, crush depth, and implosion-if-damaged depth by 1250 meters)
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 3.75 meters per second)
     Heat Tolerance Panels (Doubles acceleration rate)
    • Small: Living Area (4 beds, 4 footlockers with 4x8 storage, and a fabricator)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (4 lockers with 4x8 storage)
    • Small: Advanced Scanner Array (Shows the temperature of surrounding water, pressure in kilograms per square centimeter, life signs within 250 meters, and mineral types within 250 meters)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (8 lockers with 6x8 storage)
    o Able to grab onto Snails and SeaStars using special connection clamps on the underside. Able to carry a single Snail, or four SeaStars.

• PT-1 (Personal Transport)
    o Sailfish (Personal Undersea Transport)
     8 meters
    • 136 meters per second
    • 136 mps/s
    • 500 meters
    • 750 meters
    • Hull breach below 500 meters
    • 272 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 4
    o 0
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 68 meters per second)
    • Not applicable
    o Again, something shaped somewhat like its namesake. The Sailfish submersible is meant as a one-man personal transport. The real-life sailfish is the fastest fish known. So, it fits.

• PT-2 (Personal Transport)
    o Colony (Group Undersea Transport)
     60 meters
    • 68 meters per second
    • 34 mps/s
    • 200 meters
    • 300 meters
    • 100 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 8
    o 8 Small, 2 Large
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 34 meters per second)
    • Small: Small Storage Compartment (16 lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Small: Bunks (16 beds and 16 footlockers with 4x8 storage)
    • Large: Ogre Bay (Docks the Ogre light engineering mech)
    • Large: Large Storage Compartment (32 lockers with 6x8 storage)
    • Large: Living Area (16 beds, 16 footlockers with 4x8 storage, and a fabricator)
    o Meant almost as a sort of troop carrier.

• PT-3 (Personal Transport)
    o Skimmer (Personal Surface Transport)
     24 meters
    • 340 meters per second
    • 170 mps/s
    • 0 meters
    • 5 meters
    • n/a, diving unavailable
    • 1700 meters per 1 power
    • 100 per Power Cell
    o 2
    o 1
     Improved Thruster (Increases max speed by 170 meters per second)
    • Personal Storage (a single 6x8 storage compartment)
    • Shock Absorber (cuts the hull damage taken from collisions down to one eighth)
    o Unable to dive, but capable of traveling at Mach 1 over the surface of the water. If you want to get from point A to point B, why not travel supersonic? And, with both upgrades being Improved Thrusters, this speed goes up to Mach 2.
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    Ouch ... too long to read :smile:
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    Too big of a ship would be bad... I mean, the Aurora is about the size of what everyone wants. And let me add that many of the biomes aren't even big enough to house a ship that big. It'd end up being stuck almost everywhere.

I mean, why escape in the Aurora with a ship that big? Right? If you could do that, what's the point of repairing the Aurora?
    rmm6blsty3ii.jpg

Don't know about Capital ships in this game, but LOOOVE this concept art!

I mean, why escape in the Aurora with a ship that big? Right? If you could do that, what's the point of repairing the Aurora?

I don't think repairing the Aurora will be an option. Given the tech scanning and looting ideas on their Trello I think it will be used as a treasure chest for Blueprints and resources, but escaping the planet (or colonizing it) will eventually become part of a SOS and Transmission Broadcasting system.