NS2:Combat Gather Steam group.

2»

Comments

• BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Mhh I had that set up for the launch event... nvm they changed it.. to 20 slots max. Yea... I don't think we want to open that powderkeg.... yet.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    When there are enough people regularly playing combat at the same time to fill it?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    @Soul_Rider
    Nordic wrote: »
    Looking at steamcharts it looks like ns2:combat is most played between 16:00 and 20:00, but I do not know what timezone. I am assuming PST because that is my timezone.

You are in the UK, so you might want to read this too.
    If you feel the gather group is not catering to the times you can play, then make your own announcements during EU prime time. Or even better yet, a time good for NA and EU. The ns2:combat gather group is open for anyone to make an announcement. Feel free to organize games in your own timezone.

Just use common sense and don't spam it all day.

There are 144 members currently. Invite more EU players who own combat. Organize an event and have some fun playing combat.

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Soul_Rider
    Looking at steamcharts it looks like ns2:combat is most played between 16:00 and 20:00, but I do not know what timezone. I am assuming PST because that is my timezone.

You are in the UK, so you might want to read this too.
    If you feel the gather group is not catering to the times you can play, then make your own announcements during EU prime time. Or even better yet, a time good for NA and EU. The ns2:combat gather group is open for anyone to make an announcement. Feel free to organize games in your own timezone.

There are 144 members currently. Invite more EU players who own combat. Organize an event and have some fun playing combat.

I was responding to the Wooza's question.

There is not currently enough of a playerbase to warrant running a 40 player server.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    RejZoR wrote: »
    You guys really need to change the schedule if you want Europeans to play with ya. All I got was 1 guy for 1 vs 1 and later someone else joined. It was fun, but not as fun as when it's a group of people. 2 AM with work at 6 AM just doesn't work too well...

Or at least be active during weekend time more since it's more forgivable as far as work goes. Have been lurking around all weekend and no one was playing. Now, from Sunday to Monday, you do. Ugh :P

@rejzor and @yojimbo

That's not exactly helpful. I just want to play, not be an organizer and sit in an empty server for 5 hours before someone will maybe pop in. I could squeeze in a 0:00 to 2:00 AM CET play time (that's what, 6 PM in the states?), but not one which starts at 2:00. And it seems you guys always play at those exact times. Don't tell me there is not a single person in USA that plays this game in late afternoon or early evening (which would result in very late evening in my timezone) and would still be acceptable since I'm a night creature. Just saying. I just hate 2 vs 2 games because they are boring. At least 4 vs 4 is already ok. So if I can get that, I'm already happy.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    You guys really need to change the schedule if you want Europeans to play with ya. All I got was 1 guy for 1 vs 1 and later someone else joined. It was fun, but not as fun as when it's a group of people. 2 AM with work at 6 AM just doesn't work too well...

Or at least be active during weekend time more since it's more forgivable as far as work goes. Have been lurking around all weekend and no one was playing. Now, from Sunday to Monday, you do. Ugh :P

@rejzor

That's not exactly helpful. I just want to play, not be an organizer and sit in an empty server for 5 hours before someone will maybe pop in. I could squeeze in a 0:00 to 2:00 AM CET play time (that's what, 6 PM in the states?), but not one which starts at 2:00. And it seems you guys always play at those exact times. Don't tell me there is not a single person in USA that plays this game in late afternoon or early evening (which would result in very late evening in my timezone) and would still be acceptable since I'm a night creature. Just saying. I just hate 2 vs 2 games because they are boring. At least 4 vs 4 is already ok. So if I can get that, I'm already happy.

Out of the not 151 members in the group it does appear that, like you, no one is willing to play from 0:00 to 2:00 AM CET unless there is someone else already trying to seed. This is very apparent when you realize there are only two people, at least that I know of, that consistently try to organize combat games. 2/151 is not many. It may not be a good answer for you, but be the change you want to see.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Am I seeing this right, NS2 Combat today at 9 PM CET time? That's awesome :D I'll be there for some fragging :D
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    edited November 2015
    @wooza Pls one here.

I was so hyped when i saw Combat goes live. At that weekend i had to make trip to place out of computers. When i came back, i saw forums and bad rewievs. Playerbase only peaking to 128 players of alltime. I think it's biggest flop in gaming industry what i have seen. I felt bad and sad for Faultline gaming. It cant be that bad! But i rly do want to try, i'm just waiting for free weekend or something like dat.

E: Coming in about in a hour. Big thanks to @Wooza. <3
    It was a great series of matches yesterday. Especially that one with control points on Sava map. We, the marines were lagging behind by a huge number of points and when aliens only had 100 points left for the win (we were like 400 points behind), we absolutely caught them and even though marines still lost, it was a matter of what, 15 points? We really picked up the pace there. As well as later matches. Also great that it started at 9 PM CET time. We played it till 1 AM next day or so :D I wish it was like this every day through all day like it was on the game release day. So I could play it at any point in the day.

The game is great and with progressive upgrading, you can really evolve your character the way you want it, in direction you want it. You can upgrade marines for more defensive with weaker weaponry or offensive by placing more points into damage than armor. Or offset weaker weaponry with faster reloading. I really don't get it why people don't pick it up, instead they stick with same boring CounterStrike that has been exactly the same for almost 2 decades. Boooooring. But NS2 Combat is fresh, unique and fun. Plus, it's a good training for normal NS2 in a way.

Thx to @wooza for providing the server. It was properly fun :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    It was a great series of matches yesterday. Especially that one with control points on Sava map. We, the marines were lagging behind by a huge number of points and when aliens only had 100 points left for the win (we were like 400 points behind), we absolutely caught them and even though marines still lost, it was a matter of what, 15 points? We really picked up the pace there. As well as later matches. Also great that it started at 9 PM CET time. We played it till 1 AM next day or so :D I wish it was like this every day through all day like it was on the game release day. So I could play it at any point in the day.

The game is great and with progressive upgrading, you can really evolve your character the way you want it, in direction you want it. You can upgrade marines for more defensive with weaker weaponry or offensive by placing more points into damage than armor. Or offset weaker weaponry with faster reloading. I really don't get it why people don't pick it up, instead they stick with same boring CounterStrike that has been exactly the same for almost 2 decades. Boooooring. But NS2 Combat is fresh, unique and fun. Plus, it's a good training for normal NS2 in a way.

Thx to @wooza for providing the server. It was properly fun :)
    I agree that game was very good!
    But i must say that when we played the Loltrain Map i made a great gorgetress!!!
    Everyone who took the train got hijacked by meh!!!!
    Got tons of kills and where almost top 1 on the leaderbord!

Haha, that loltrain map :D More like deathtrain. Whil you're on it you'r stuttering all over the place. I was so glad I got the jetpack soon so I could just fly in.
  • _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
    edited November 2015
    It looks like the guys over at flg have actually been busy. Found these two videos on their FaceBook page:

That hmg video looks a little weird, but that flamethrower sentry - DAUMN

*edit - (wishful thinking) flg - cdt (or whatever it is now) combine powers!
    wooza wrote: »
    Since we had alot of fun last time, I decided to make another Combat Meet-up at Saturday 9pm CET. I hope you all come :)
    And to everyone who doesn't know what CET time is gmt+1
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    wooza wrote: »
    Since we had alot of fun last time, I decided to make another Combat Meet-up at Saturday 9pm CET. I hope you all come :)

This has been published on ns2news, please get your regulars on your server to use the ingame plugin!
    I am glad someone from europe is trying to build that community. Good job @wooza.
  • _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
    Game has started! Server is full :( Hopefully one of the other server's gets seeded!
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    That was a lovely night, thanks for attending.
  • Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    edited November 2015
    Glad you had fun! Make sure to follow the official NS2: Combat group and the gather group to make sure you get notified when we or anyone else hosts games.

The rifle (vanilla ns2 model) has a higher dmg than the lmg, though it has worse spread. As for a wiki, that's something we'll look into creating :) .
    @BiegeAlert caried the team soooo hard how is it even possible?
    You carried the team almost as much as a game i had the other day. Elena had 103 kills......
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    Any more events coming? I've been trying to lurk if there's any games, but had no luck. I would like to play again. :)
  • Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    edited December 2015
    We have an event coming up tomorrow.

Game Start Time:
    • NA Time Zone: 3:00 PM EST/12:00 PM PT
    • EU Time Zone: 9:00 PM/21:00CET
    Servers:
    • Wooza's Server

We'll also have some games starting tonight in a few hours!

Make sure to follow the Combat Steam Group to get notification of when games are starting.