LORE - Natural Selection 2 Lore in a Minute!

antd00dantd00d Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183665Members

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow I didnt think NS had proper lore. That was pretty neat
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    Wow I didnt think NS had proper lore. That was pretty neat

As far as lore goes, this is the closest we have alongside this video now :)

http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Six_Days_in_Sanjii

And the rest is kinda created by us, the players on the NS forums, map makers who made storylines for their maps, the fan fiction forums and player stories.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Yeh, ns1 used to have quite some lore.. I cant remember if 'six days in sanjii' was the only lore.. I can half remember there being more.
    But it had plenty of background info. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    Yeh, ns1 used to have quite some lore.. I cant remember if 'six days in sanjii' was the only lore.. I can half remember there being more.

Yeah, too bad readyroom.org is down, it had all kinds of stuff backed up as well...
  • antd00dantd00d Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183665Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Yeah, too bad readyroom.org is down, it had all kinds of stuff backed up as well...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://readyroom.org ... 2014 seems to have it.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    We are up 20% players so far, in the last 30 days over last month. I hope that keeps going to 100%
    antd00d wrote: »

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://readyroom.org ... 2014 seems to have it.

Yep, I already checked that one. Too bad it only archives thumbnails for "Nanites and Bacterium" and "NS in other games" though
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    We are up 20% players so far, in the last 30 days over last month. I hope that keeps going to 100%

As long as veterans keep helping and being nice to rookies it will only go up, it only takes a few pub stompers to ruin the experience for everyone, remember this.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Whats the deal with all the smurfs? Like 50% of the green players I see with 5 hive hours are somewhere at the top of the scoreboard every game, juking and strafejumping, corner-checking, RT-defending marine bastards.
    Who even smurfs, who -__-;
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whats the deal with all the smurfs? Like 50% of the green players I see with 5 hive hours are somewhere at the top of the scoreboard every game, juking and strafejumping, corner-checking, RT-defending marine bastards.
    Who even smurfs, who -__-;

Clearly pre-op meatmachines
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Interestingly part of bry's is still up in the air, but I couldnt find anything in terms of lore, this quickly.
    I didnt really look.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    That was actually awesome, I always wished the maps laid out clues to the story in some cohesive, but not overly-detailed way that would give more structure or motivation to the fan stuff
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I thought I read someone couldn't remember who wrote 6 days originally...
    The original, official "Six Days in Sanjii: Part One" was written by Jeff Paris

From http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/37376/six-days-in-sanjii
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whomever it was just needed to look it up.
    edited November 2015
    Interestingly part of bry's is still up in the air, but I couldnt find anything in terms of lore, this quickly.
    I didnt really look.

Yeah pretty cool indeed, that FTP is the longest standing online source for almost anything NS/NS2 related apart from what readyroom.org had
    Benson wrote: »
    Yep, I already checked that one. Too bad it only archives thumbnails for "Nanites and Bacterium" and "NS in other games" though

To be fair, "Nanites and Bacterium" explains about 90% of everything known about NS

Space orks!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I made bits of lore and tech stuff up for the unofficial manual (see my steam guide). But nothing like a fan fict. May be i ll start something one day.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2015

To be fair, "Nanites and Bacterium" explains about 90% of everything known about NS

Space orks!

thats fungus and waaagh!, not bacteria and nanites ;)
    da_ork_life_by_oevrlord-d5e1wp3.jpg

Space orks!

thats fungus and waaagh!, not bacteria and nanites ;)
    da_ork_life_by_oevrlord-d5e1wp3.jpg

Wait... well as awesome as that is lol...

But I digress...

I remember the "third race" thing and a portal being ripped open through which the "space orks" came in that comic..

wtf where am I...