Fauna Suggestions

HalindrixHalindrix USA Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208675Members
Island Fauna: I'd like to see simple fuana on the floater island. Things like rodents and insects would be nice. With there only being flora it feels empty on it.

I'd also like to see some sort of water fowl, maybe tie this in with the island, make it their nesting spot or something? Just a thought I had about it. Or make it so they make floating nests.

Perhaps give more uses to floaters?

ReefBacks, would it be appropiate for making it so flora grows on them? Instead of just calling them reefbacks, literally make them reefbacks!
One crazy idea, what if you could build a small seabase on a reefback? I know that one is rediculous but its just a thought really XD
That idea could be turned into taming them and using them to have storage on them, use them as pack horses.

Stalkers; allow for stalkers to be trained to hunt for you.

More dangerous coral: I know there are aggressive corals already, but i'd like to see more.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Island Fauna: Full agreement there. I want to have there be rodents, insects, sure. What I really want to see is something like this guy:
    giant-earthworm-II.jpg

Water fowl: Agreed. Sure, we have SkyRays, but is that enough? Of course not. We need MOAR!

Floaters: Agreed. Currently, they aren't even remotely useful, they're just a nuisance. If they're intended to be annoying, then well done, UWE.

Reefbacks: It's pretty much confirmed that they've gotten their name because the adults carry an entire ecosystem on their backs. The ones in game now... those are just juveniles...
    And, as for building a base on top of them... I made a post about that idea a few months ago. I honestly think that needs to be a thing.

Stalkers: They can already be tamed, but they don't do anything but bring you scrap metal. Stalkers are easily my favorite SN creature, so I have to say, I want to see more from them. Maybe training could be done by a classic approach, where you give them a treat if they do something good. With that, you could train them to do a lot of things. Hunting, defending your Seabase, swimming around with you, maybe even tricks like this. I love those guys, and I want to have one as a friend. Scratch that, I want to have thirty-two stalker friends following me around.
    I think I have a problem.

Coral: I like that idea. This might be the "giddy about stalkers" part of me making me agreeable to anything, but I want to see that kind of thing. Actually, the idea of "dangerous coral" just gave me a thought...
    The fundamental elements of all known life are Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Hydrogen.
    The chemical formula of Nitroglycerin is C3H5N3O9.
    Maybe have a species of coral that creates small compartments of nitroglycerin, so if you get too close, it detonates a small part of itself to force you to go away. Not enough to kill it entirely, so the creature lives on (and regenerates the lost section quickly), but enough to tell you to GTFO.
  • HalindrixHalindrix USA Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208675Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Island Fauna: Full agreement there. I want to have there be rodents, insects, sure. What I really want to see is something like this guy:
    giant-earthworm-II.jpg

Water fowl: Agreed. Sure, we have SkyRays, but is that enough? Of course not. We need MOAR!

Floaters: Agreed. Currently, they aren't even remotely useful, they're just a nuisance. If they're intended to be annoying, then well done, UWE.

Reefbacks: It's pretty much confirmed that they've gotten their name because the adults carry an entire ecosystem on their backs. The ones in game now... those are just juveniles...
    And, as for building a base on top of them... I made a post about that idea a few months ago. I honestly think that needs to be a thing.

Stalkers: They can already be tamed, but they don't do anything but bring you scrap metal. Stalkers are easily my favorite SN creature, so I have to say, I want to see more from them. Maybe training could be done by a classic approach, where you give them a treat if they do something good. With that, you could train them to do a lot of things. Hunting, defending your Seabase, swimming around with you, maybe even tricks like this. I love those guys, and I want to have one as a friend. Scratch that, I want to have thirty-two stalker friends following me around.
    I think I have a problem.

Coral: I like that idea. This might be the "giddy about stalkers" part of me making me agreeable to anything, but I want to see that kind of thing. Actually, the idea of "dangerous coral" just gave me a thought...
    The fundamental elements of all known life are Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Hydrogen.
    The chemical formula of Nitroglycerin is C3H5N3O9.
    Maybe have a species of coral that creates small compartments of nitroglycerin, so if you get too close, it detonates a small part of itself to force you to go away. Not enough to kill it entirely, so the creature lives on (and regenerates the lost section quickly), but enough to tell you to GTFO.

Well the issue with that last one is that Crashes are essentially that.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Halindrix wrote: »
    Well the issue with that last one is that Crashes are essentially that.

Kind of, kind of not. I mean, Crashes seem more aggressive. The idea I'm proposing is a plant that basically just fires a warning shot. The Crashes will chase you for who-knows-how long.

Plus, Crashes are fish, not coral.