Does the Blood Kelp Biome Actially Exist?

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Hi

Playing 23050

I have to ask, does the blood kelp biome actually exist? I've been exploring a lot recently and I entered an area, twice now, that was labelled "Bloodkelp" on the F1 data display, but all I see below me is sand dunes.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Should've searched the threads mate, I made one on it about 1-2 weeks ago I think, and yea it does :D

You might need to use experimental if you aren't, and tbh you shouldn't trust a data display in an early access game, just do the ol' "biome bloodkelp" I think it was in the cheat console :)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited October 2015
    I play in freedom mode. No, I don't want to cheat by warping there; I'd rather find it by exploring :smile:

The F1 display always seems to be accurate on all other biomes I've found.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Did you start a new file?
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    I play in freedom mode. No, I don't want to cheat by warping there; I'd rather find it by exploring :smile:

The F1 display always seems to be accurate on all other biomes I've found.

Keep in mind it is about 300m deep O_o

And if that doesn't quite work it is possible they tweaked/ moved it?

If that doesn't work for you then I strongly suggest warping, it's WORTH it :D
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Shh! I reckon there's at least another two weeks in this until they find out they've been paying me to pretend to work on this. Don't ruin this for me!

Seriously though, if you know how to get to Sparse Reef, it's accessible through one of the more central caves there. That may be a slightly easier way to find it if you don't want to warp. If you are still having trouble finding it, it may be necessary to try a new save file, to get all of the changes to the world.
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    I have the same issue. New game file; Twice now. When I warp I end up under the map with sand the closest texture and biome look.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    Insane wrote: »
    Shh! I reckon there's at least another two weeks in this until they find out they've been paying me to pretend to work on this. Don't ruin this for me!

Seriously though, if you know how to get to Sparse Reef, it's accessible through one of the more central caves there. That may be a slightly easier way to find it if you don't want to warp. If you are still having trouble finding it, it may be necessary to try a new save file, to get all of the changes to the world.

That actually makes sense that it's underground. I guess I was swimming over the dune above the blood kelp. I'll go back and have a look today. I refuse to warp there. Warping is for losers! (except for when I warp myself 3000m up in the air just for a fun.) :wink:

• Koosh91Koosh91 Join Date: 2015-10-04 Member: 208296Members
    It is so far only in Experimental Mode.
    Koosh91 wrote: »
    It is so far only in Experimental Mode.

You sure? Why then am I seeing the F1 display state I am in the Bloodkelp biome?

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    They defined the biome area long ago. The details are being constantly added.
  • Oleka2KOleka2K WV Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208482Members
    edited October 2015
    It's not in the current build. I searched for a hour... then finally just watched a youtube video and found the location, then found it wasn't in my game. I have 9 hours cheat free my current session, hate to start now.

Kelp12_zpsigtmd2o5.png

Kelp1_zpsslhff6rv.png
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    The blood kelp biome is only in the experimental mode im 100 % sure
    Insane wrote: »
    lussebull wrote: »

Yes. I apologise for not clarifying this, but you'll need to switch to experimental mode to see it.

KK, thanks. I'll stick to Freedom mode and await the update. :smile:

lussebull wrote: »

Tack :smile:
    Hi 04Leonhardt

Thanks for the information. I'll stick with the official updates, but thank you for pointing that out.