Unknown Biome

JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
So I dug straight down from the escape pod and at around 1k meters broke through to this:
vf4leynjduit.jpg
dz0t4a3515jp.jpg
w1071slpe70e.jpg

Comments

• JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    There is another chamber at 1.4km down as well.
    noetj8wtkeim.jpg
    rgcd68omzfxe.jpg

Found the bottom of the world at 1650 meters lol
    d48it6rcg1h8.jpg
    So went down to 10k and still nothing more but empty ground with light floating around.
    9wf4jwipo3a0.jpg
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    edited October 2015
    There's nothing beyond that 4k mark except endless darkness and it causes everything to shake (inventory, seamoth etc) harder the farther you go down.

I dunno what the 1kmish area is called (I think it's inactivelavart) but it's fun to build bases in
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    That's the Inactive Lava biome, sorry to sink your boat but we've known about it for a very long time indeed :P
    Seldkam wrote: »
    That's the Inactive Lava biome, sorry to sink your boat but we've known about it for a very long time indeed :P

Any idea why there is one at 1km and 1.4km?
    Jacara wrote: »

It's probably supposed to be like a "core of the planet" type thing with lava and darkness. Basically a dark deep place to build a really cool base.
    Naali wrote: »

It's probably supposed to be like a "core of the planet" type thing with lava and darkness. Basically a dark deep place to build a really cool base.

I'm going to build a Kilometer tall ladder lol
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members

Because this is supposed to be an endgame biome, only accessible via a fully upgraded cyclops and exosuit. Also, this biome is still very much in development.
    Naali wrote: »

I'm going to build a Kilometer tall ladder lol

I did. It's tough to get it to line up with your tunnel properly, which is why I had to make "steps" where I changed the direction using hallways. Though even with pretty impressive PC specs it started to lag a bit once I completed it (building things now there's a slight pause between 98 or 97% then it suddenly pops into existence)
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    edited October 2015
    At 1Km underwater your body is crush in a second by the pressure, and in survival mod you can't go that deep nether the cyclop or the seemoth can be upgrade that mutch.

edit: sorry a was wrong the max upgrade for the cyclop is 1Km but you use all the battery just to go that deep and to surface back.
  • Warpig1331Warpig1331 Ohio Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207951Members
    Chris1217 wrote: »
    At 1Km underwater your body is crush in a second by the pressure.

On Earth yes, but we aren't on Earth. Yes it's a lame excuse but it's a catch-all.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    Warpig1331 wrote: »
    On Earth yes, but we aren't on Earth. Yes it's a lame excuse but it's a catch-all.

physics!! it works outside of earth's atmosphere.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    edited October 2015

Pressure is pressure what ever planet it is.
    but if the dev. have to respect the pressure physics they have to make a decompression chamber so.....
    At 1Km underwater your body is crush in a second by the pressure, and in survival mod you can't go that deep nether the cyclop or the seemoth can be upgrade that mutch.

edit: sorry a was wrong the max upgrade for the cyclop is 1Km but you use all the battery just to go that deep and to surface back.

As far as I know they haven't added damage to your body from going to deep yet, you just use more air. So load up with high capacity tanks and you should be able to make the 1k chamber, if you can build a basic base and regen air.
  • Warpig1331Warpig1331 Ohio Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207951Members

but if the dev. have to respect the pressure physics they have to make a decompression chamber so.....

while this is true there's two things at work here. The water (if this water is even the same as earths water) who's to say it's not lighter, and the Air above the water pushing it down( again who's to say the new atmosphere is made up the same as Earth's?

P.S. Yea I know I'm threading needles, Just saying.

while this is true there's two things at work here. The water (if this water is even the same as earths water) who's to say it's not lighter, and the Air above the water pushing it down( again who's to say the new atmosphere is made up the same as Earth's?

P.S. Yea I know I'm threading needles, Just saying.

as we now ther is only few (non-viscous ex: petrol) liquide lighter then water: liquide nitrogen and ethanol (alcohol) (ther is maybe few other but not that much) and nothing can live on those two.
    if the air above is not the same (or close enough) we should die just by breathing.

As far as I know they haven't added damage to your body from going to deep yet, you just use more air. So load up with high capacity tanks and you should be able to make the 1k chamber, if you can build a basic base and regen air.

i agree but is probably coming (if is not is a shame)
  • Koosh91Koosh91 Join Date: 2015-10-04 Member: 208296Members
    It's the Inactive Lava Zone. Not new at all. Sorry to break the excitement! :)

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Inactive_Lava_Zone
    Koosh91 wrote: »
    It's the Inactive Lava Zone. Not new at all. Sorry to break the excitement! :)

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Inactive_Lava_Zone

New to me =P
    I was actually trying to find magma to go swimming in lol
    Water is pretty much mandatory (for life) in its current form. It's one of the few things that floats when frozen (which is why fish can survive winters), and it's polar structure is awesome for doing all sorts of neato reactions in your body, including allowing organic compounds to form their required shapes. Also if it wasn't "real water" the chemical (lighter things like Oil, Acetone, Methanol, Ethanol) the chemicals would likely bleed into the atmosphere making it impossible for our character to breathe (unless his suit converts things to oxygen).
  • Koosh91Koosh91 Join Date: 2015-10-04 Member: 208296Members
    The Inactive Lava Zone is still in development.