Next update is going to ROCK

R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
On the trello, they are making an announcement poster for the next update that says:

- Entirely new water, sky & depth rendering system. Featuring eclipses and total darkness.
- Hatch and Ladder animations.
- Music and effects volume options.
- PDA story messaging system.
- New creatures: Shocker & Crab Snake.
- Possible special guest appearance from Sea Treader
- Coming October 12

Now some or all of this could change, but if we just get the new water & sky rendering I will be happy.

Comments

• EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    OH YAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    Can't wait to see the new sky and water rendering. It's going to be great!
    Eclipses and total darkness sounds awesome as well. Does this mean we'll get rain and other weather? For a planet almost completely covered in water, I expect it to rain a lot.
  • SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
    Crab snake; NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    edited October 2015
    Eclipses and total darkness sounds awesome as well. Does this mean we'll get rain and other weather? For a planet almost completely covered in water, I expect it to rain a lot.
    My hope is that if/when weather is implemented, that the solar panels don't always get 100% sunlight. Perhaps 70% on cloudy/foggy days, 50% during storms, 10-15% during base-wrecking, environment-changing super storms. A little more incentive to build deeper and use alternative power sources.
    Post Script: This gets me thinking. If they add weather, can you get above it? If you climb to the top of the mountain on the floating island, will you be above the clouds? Just a thought.
  • CordeosCordeos Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207293Members
    I hope the finish the other power generation methods before implementing that
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hopefully they'll fix the proplem with the language options so I can have Swedish back :smiley:
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Dang I was hoping for a Sea Spider, at least a meter tall that walks along the bottom of caves in deep water.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    FYI guys, October 12th is only a placeholder date, we might not ship on that date.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    FYI guys, October 12th is only a placeholder date, we might not ship on that date.

don't let us down bro >:(

naaaahhhh jk man. keep doing the great work.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    Aw, I was hoping this was an extra elaborate pun for a rockpuncher release. Still not disappointed though.
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    My hope is that if/when weather is implemented, that the solar panels don't always get 100% sunlight. Perhaps 70% on cloudy/foggy days, 50% during storms, 10-15% during base-wrecking, environment-changing super storms. A little more incentive to build deeper and use alternative power sources.
    Post Script: This gets me thinking. If they add weather, can you get above it? If you climb to the top of the mountain on the floating island, will you be above the clouds? Just a thought.

Well, clouds are usually a LOT taller than that mountain. Clouds form a lot higher than that. Sea levels could also be a lot higher, though.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members

la la la la. I'm not listening. I'm not hearing this. :tongue:

Oct 12th would be great, but the update is done when it's done. No worries.
  • stephann814stephann814 usa Join Date: 2015-10-07 Member: 208345Members
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Sea levels could also be a lot higher, though.

How high can a sea level go?

I mean, for instance, if earth suddenly received megatons of ice asteroids hitting it's atmosphere, turning into water and adding it to our climate and sea levels, how high could sea levels rise, before it overflowed from the pull of gravity?
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    NEW UPDATE IS GOING TO STONE!!!!!
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Actually, I think it is going to WATER...
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

inb4 its out tomorrow
  • GryphorimGryphorim South of the Reef Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207864Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Sea levels could also be a lot higher, though.

How high can a sea level go?

I mean, for instance, if earth suddenly received megatons of ice asteroids hitting it's atmosphere, turning into water and adding it to our climate and sea levels, how high could sea levels rise, before it overflowed from the pull of gravity?

As more and more water is added, the earth's gravity would slowly climb, from the added mass. So it would never overflow. There are some extrasolar planets out there that we've discovered that scientists believe to be completely covered in liquid water, with the shallowest parts something like 40 kilometres deep.
  • mariotusekmariotusek rotterdam Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204939Members

i love the work you and your team do <3 keep up the great work