BloodKelp Biome: Well Done

2»

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Nasty little bugger that one is, though "CAVE CRAWLER" ? Lol, cmon SN, it's in the name, the most enclosed area I found in my short run through of the area was a trench :|
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    They aren't very big, but there are two caves already, and probably one more to be added.
    Insane wrote: »
    They aren't very big, but there are two caves already, and probably one more to be added.

Any specifically unique creatures or objects to be found ? :D
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

Also it's funny that 90% of the time, the "Cave Crawler" is not found in any caves.

The Aurora ain't a cave, m8
    The Mountain Island has caves, but very rarely do you find them inside.
    And the Dunes. n'uff said.

What are y'all playing at?

Also it's funny that 90% of the time, the "Cave Crawler" is not found in any caves.

The Aurora ain't a cave, m8
    The Mountain Island has caves, but very rarely do you find them inside.
    And the Dunes. n'uff said.

What are y'all playing at?

Lol... "Take evasive maneuvers.... ITS A TRAP"
  • njs7t3njs7t3 Austria Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208070Members
    I have a base on the ridge right above the Sparse Reef pillars, and I've been scouring the area for the Blood Kelp Biome. I went W/NW from my base, I went NW from the area where the Sparse Reef, Grassy Plateaus, and Grand Reef meet, and I went directly N from the Floating Island, each time eventually hitting the edge of the map. Where is this place?!
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    njs7t3 wrote: »
    I have a base on the ridge right above the Sparse Reef pillars, and I've been scouring the area for the Blood Kelp Biome. I went W/NW from my base, I went NW from the area where the Sparse Reef, Grassy Plateaus, and Grand Reef meet, and I went directly N from the Floating Island, each time eventually hitting the edge of the map. Where is this place?!

Are you in experimental?
    I thought maybe that was the problem. Is that an option when you start a new game?
    I thought maybe that was the problem. Is that an option when you start a new game?

No, you have to set it using steam-- Right click SN, properties, "Betas" tab, experimental (I think that's right, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm in experimental mode now, still not finding it.
    I'm in experimental mode now, still not finding it.

Try this:

Press escape, give feedback
    F3, and at the top left uncheck (or check and uncheck) "Disable console"
    Exit out of the menus, then press the tilde "`" or "~" or "the key to the left of the (1) key" or "Tilde" key.

Type in : biome bloodkelp (and press enter)

hope that helps :)
    I think it didn't update when I switched to experimental. I got there without teleporting; turns out it's about a 30 second moth ride away from my base. Now it's a titanium/crystal mine. ;)
    I think it didn't update when I switched to experimental. I got there without teleporting; turns out it's about a 30 second moth ride away from my base. Now it's a titanium/crystal mine. ;)
    Heh, good enough ;)
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    Where on the map is it.
  • GryphorimGryphorim South of the Reef Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207864Members
    I'm getting same as njs7t3, My base is in a trench where grand reef, grassy plains and kelp forest meet. Cannot find blood kelp anywhere, scoured the edge of the grassy plains and the sparse reef right out to an immense cliff/hole, no blood kelp.
    If you are where I think you are, head west along the dune-like ridge of the Grassy Plains and you should see the Sparse Reef Spires, they look like fingers coming out of the ground. Keep heading west along the ocean floor for about 30 more seconds to a minute and you should find a deep gash in the surface that goes down to a blood kelp zone.