The exosuit bay

2»

Comments

• Justin599MJustin599M NV Join Date: 2015-09-11 Member: 207881Members
    One main problem will be getting it in the right position, player may have a hard time not being able to place it or not be able to get to it, if it is added there should be some optinal staircases and roads supended in water for acess
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    The Exosuit can use its propulsion system like an underwater jetpack.
    Getting into the Bay will not be a problem.
    Elavion wrote: »
    A common misconception. If we get the exosuit bay we're missing out on something else that could be done at that time, for example farms. In my opinion it'd be better to just make exosuit compatible with the moonpool and work on something new.
    >This suggestion isn't for Farms so I'm against it.
    >If the devs work on this then they won't work on something that I want
    Also
    >I want something new
    >So I don't want them to make something new

Are you at least self aware enough to know how ridiculously silly you sound?
    You do know that literally nobody is demanding this be the very next thing they work on immediately, right? The devs already have work done on Farms. Any suggestion that they take from the forums will be added to the back of the "To do" list.

Don't assume stupid things.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Yeah let them work on other stuff then just a semi same moon pool
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    edited September 2015
    I used farms as an example, and you wrote a whole (fairly offensive) post about how much of a fool I am for demanding farms. ...What?

My point is that an exosuit bay is basically another moonpool except for Exosuit (and if we take the fact that it's supposedly going to be compatible with the Cyclops bay it wouldn't even make much sense). If they spend 2 weeks designing and coding an Exosuit bay we're missing out on something else that they could do, be it farms, new biome, cyclops upgrades, cyclops docking bay, new creatures, weather, aurora extension, story or whatever else they can think of. Keep in mind that we're not talking about delay, but about things that will never get added because the devs will eventually run out of time. Can't keep working on one game forever.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    im fine with buildings serving multiple functions :P but I like variety
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I used farms as an example, and you wrote a whole (fairly offensive) post about how much of a fool I am for demanding farms. ...What?

I have exactly one issue with that first sentence.
    demanding

This word.

You realize that, as we aren't their employers, or the government, or anyone else who have power over the developers, we have absolutely no right to "demand" anything? We can request. Not demand.
    My point is that an exosuit bay is basically another moonpool except for Exosuit (and if we take the fact that it's supposedly going to be compatible with the Cyclops bay it wouldn't even make much sense). If they spend 2 weeks designing and coding an Exosuit bay we're missing out on something else that they could do, be it farms, new biome, cyclops upgrades, cyclops docking bay, new creatures, weather, aurora extension, story or whatever else they can think of. Keep in mind that we're not talking about delay, but about things that will never get added because the devs will eventually run out of time. Can't keep working on one game forever.

All valid points, though this part is a bit less so than you may think:
    Can't keep working on one game forever.

While it's true that one game can't stay in production forever, there are several examples that show they can stay in production for a very, very long time. Aside from the fact that the devs don't even intend to go into beta for over a year, which means that, while not permanent, this is intended as an extreme long-term project, of course. If you take, for instance, World of Warcraft. First came out over a decade ago, and they are still updating it. Minecraft is a fair bit younger, and being a survival game, a bit closer to home, but it's been out for over four years, and it's still being updated. One of the major advantages of games with updated able to be made post-release is just that: you can keep updating indefinitely. If you take a single-release game, such as say, Skyrim, the only way to provide updates after the release is via DLC.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So basically the argument is "I don't want this because I don't want the devs to keep working on this game"

Cool.

Why are you even here?
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    tarek wrote: »

But even if buildings served multiple functions. You would either have the exosuit or seamoth in the moonpool and one would have to be undocked. So you would still have an issue. It would be better for a simple docking station for the exosuit. Much like we keep hoping for the docking of the Cyclops.
    tarek wrote: »

But even if buildings served multiple functions. You would either have the exosuit or seamoth in the moonpool and one would have to be undocked. So you would still have an issue. It would be better for a simple docking station for the exosuit. Much like we keep hoping for the docking of the Cyclops.

This.

Plus, the Moonpool doesn't have the big construction arms to swap out the Exosuit's arms.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    edited September 2015
    So basically the argument is "I don't want this because I don't want the devs to keep working on this game"

Cool.

Why are you even here?

I think he meant that he'd rather have that the devs prioritize other things, which is something I can completely sympathize with on some points.
    Marut wrote: »

Cool.

Why are you even here?

I think he meant that he'd rather have that the devs prioritize other things.

There is no discussion of priority aside from the troll saying he doesn't want this and needing a flimsy reason.
    Literally no one is demanding this happen before anything else.
    It'd be entirely up to the devs to decide the work order of anything they do.

Seriously this is like the 4th time I've had this conversation with someone. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?