It's back, it's really finally really back

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
They did, THEY DID IT. The brought back the diamondback

razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-diamondback

PREORDER IT, HURRY HURRY

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looks very nice, when I initially bought my Deathadder 2013 I found it difficult to get used to its ergonomic shape (right handed). Was used to a more ambidextrous shape like the DiamondBack, however I'll never go back now!

Lovely looking mouse though!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I got a deathadder in college when NS2 came out, hated it, got used to it, did real well with it anyway. Pretty damn reliable thing. (Went through 3 diamondbacks playing NS1 with a 1/2" 180°)

Found a good massdrop on an ambidextrous mionix avior and had no issue going back at all. After I got my sensitivity back I had immediate improvement. AND NOW THE DIAMONDBACK IS BACKKKKK
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    I had a Diamondback way back when and I can't remember exactly what happened to it. It either flat out died or one of the mouse buttons suffered from a multi-click issue. The sensor seems to be as good as the Deathadder and the sleek design attracts palm grippers, but the whole chroma LED that Razer has been pushing lately is so gimmicky. I guess they just ran out of ideas for further innovation. My Deathadder 2013 is still performing phenomenally and I've gotten used to claw gripping, so I'll pass on the Diamondback.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    The model that used to be their entry level "budget" mouse...
    returns at $90
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    sotanaht wrote: »
    The model that used to be their entry level "budget" mouse...
    returns at $90

It was their entry into the market model. Their only product.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Karnaj wrote: »
    My Deathadder 2013 is still performing phenomenally and I've gotten used to claw gripping

The claw gripping is the deal breaker for me. Saw some reviews from some cs pro on the shape too, he has same complaints. Would love to have the same precision in a more ergonomic shape. I've got big hands, long fingers, and am used to how my pinky and ring finger rest on my old mouse. Was looking at new mice recently and passed on the deathadder 2013 for that very reason. I'm still not super sold on my logitech g400s I got recently. Already having m1 responsiveness issues and it's soooo lightweight compared to what I'm used to.. Can't tell if I still need to get used to it or switch back to my old mouse. It has me playing with 2 diff mouse pads depending on if alien or rine. Searching for the sweet spot still I guess.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Why does pretty much all gaming gear look like it's made for teenage boys? I'm not gonna have a freaking rainbow lightshow on my desk...
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why does pretty much all gaming gear look like it's made for teenage boys? I'm not gonna have a freaking rainbow lightshow on my desk...

Its chroma, you can change the colour to match whatever colour scheme you have with your computer, actually pretty useful if you have gear from multiple manufacturers
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2015
    The razer deathadders I've had have all be absolutely 10/10 mice for feel and performance as far as I can tell, the only issue is that without fail after 5-6 months or maybe less, they fail. Just stop responding to input at random, to the point where it's not economical to keep plugging them back in to fix...
    The diamondback with the ambi shape looks like it'd be just as nice, but £80 for a mouse from a manufacturer I've already had a bad track record with :(
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2015
    +Superb performance
    -RSI inducing shape
    -No endurance and will fail after a year more or less [edit: based on their track record, not sure about this one so......]

Good mouse (technically), but the two biggest downsides simply kill it imho...
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    If this "gaming" mouse can become damaged to the point of being rendered useless, within just 1 year, through players using it for gaming, as many have reported, why pay the premium for the mouse anyway? Not to mention the physical injuries. Just stick to a good ol' MS Optical II and compensate for the basic scanner/low dpi by enhancing your hand-eye coordination and increasing mental concentration effort and dexterity.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I never understood the hype around razor. My brother bought three mices and they all died faster than my old microsoft intellieye (and I play more than him). Then I bought a razor mousepad and it was useless after three months. For me, the products are expansive and don't last long...would never buy anything from them again.
    2 year warranty they send you a new one lol.

I dont like razer in general these days but this mouse was perfect for me.
  • N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
    edited September 2015
    THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS SIR...PROMOTE DAT MAN...ive been through moar mice than i see sanitary towel adverts on teh tv since my diamondback broke.

I NEED SOME MED HAX STAT!

just hope the side grip and texture of teh mouse is all in order. @1st glance seems like teh side grip doesnt cover enough surface area...we shall see.

Time 2 purchase 20 of them ^^, not again razer...not again. ^^,

the side grip used to be an issue"rather lack of it" ...moar slip+slide than a water park.

zled3lizw7fn.jpg

to assume people will hold it teh way its designed "mistake?"...u cant plz every1.

rb7l0vecqwr0.jpg

Either way...il forgive her inperfections.

£80 2ez

edited September 2015
    mattji104 wrote: »

Two year warranty and after dealing with their service department for 2 months they send you a coupon by email that's not quite enough to cover a new mouse and expires in 6 days.
    sotanaht wrote: »
    mattji104 wrote: »

Two year warranty and after dealing with their service department for 2 months they send you a coupon by email that's not quite enough to cover a new mouse and expires in 6 days.

Haven't used it in 8 years. But I got 3 free ones
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Question about durability. Are Razers really less durable (as opposed to say Logitech) or is it just bad luck from a bad batch?

I had a couple of the ones they did with Microsoft and I got the double click problem ~6 months in so that scared me off. I really liked the grip though :/
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Question about durability. Are Razers really less durable (as opposed to say Logitech) or is it just bad luck from a bad batch?

I had a couple of the ones they did with Microsoft and I got the double click problem ~6 months in so that scared me off. I really liked the grip though :/

I haven't had any problems with the primary mouse buttons on any razer mouse, and the cabling seems pretty rock solid as well. However, MB4 and 5 on the deathadder are attached inside the mouse with an extremely flimsy piece of plastic, and the scroll wheel-click has developed problems as well on several of the razer mice I've owned.

Compared to logitech... the main wiring connection on the G400 never survived me even as long as the flimsy MB4 on the deathadder, so I can't say if it had any OTHER problems. Once the wire goes the mouse is pretty much dead. I also hated the shape and button placements, but that's just me.
    Aeglos wrote: »

My diamondbacks (3-4) constantly broke in ns1 (@ high sens)

My deathadder never died, no matter how much I wanted it to

But I think the deatadder design is trash
  • auroraborealisauroraborealis Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228445Members
    The diamondback looks nice.