Cyclops Moonpool

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
Since people have been talking about moonpools for the cyclops I was thinking. What if we connected moonpools together and they made a larger singular moonpool. Maybe big enough for a Cyclops, the devs could add an extra door or two into the cyclops walls for easy exiting

Comments

• IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    edited August 2015
    the problem with that is the Cyclops doesn't have side or top hatches, so it could enter the moon pool but you would still have to go out through he bottom of the Cyclops into the water then swimming back into the base.
    I think a docking hatch would be better since all you would have to do is attach it on top of a structure (with enough surrounding pace) and position the cyclops over it. Which the auto pilot would maneuver the Cyclops bottom from hatch over the docking port and connect them together.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Something like a docking tube that would connect to the bottom, but through a platform that holds the Cyclops in place would be cool. Will draw up a doodle later.
  • zakhm123zakhm123 England Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207386Members
    edited August 2015
    Instead of a moon-pool like the seamoth, the cyclops should have a giant subpen that, once the cyclops is docked allows entry to it via a ladder tube that connects to the hatch on the bottom of the sub
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    @Ivankeska I love that idea. The Cyclops is currently the largest vehicle in the game (not difficult, as there are only two), enough so that an entire room to accommodate it would reduce structural integrity by at least a hundred points. That, and where would you put a room that large in a base anyway? Maybe just a docking clamp, magnetically grasps the Cyclops at the tail end and around the hatch, with the hatch clamp being a sealed system that drains and also acts as a ladder to whatever you attacked it to.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I am expecting something more like a retractable arm. Once the cyclops would stop moving (within range), it would extend out and attach to the forward/lower hatch. It would automatically disengage once the player started moving the sub.
    @Racer1 Good plan. That way you don't have to be too precise. Docking clamps on the arms would secure the vessel in place, and the forward of the two arm clamps would be around the hatch, allowing a tube for direct entry into the base.
  • CordeosCordeos Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207293Members
    I have been experimenting with getting a Cyclops to turn upside down with floaters. then it could top dock.

The easy solution would be to have a docking port on the top of a base part to dock the sub with.

I hope they will add ship that docks the Cyclops at some point. I want a bigger boat.
    Cordeos wrote: »
    I want a bigger boat.

Yes.

But, I agree with your idea for a "bigger boat," as evidenced by my post "The Colossus, the Sargasso, and the Duck." Currently the Cyclops is considered the "big boat" but it's only half the length of the Reaper. There needs to be a ship big enough that it can handle the most powerful threats in the game.

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    In any case having a docking station for bigger submarines would be good for the game. It could not only act as a docking place, but also serve as a submarine construction facility (constructing the cyclops right now from a few ingredients is more a joke).

It could also be a place where you could repair greater damages that can't be fixed with the welder. Or a place where you could refit submarine modules to make the submarine fit for a specific job or mission.
    zetachron wrote: »
    constructing the cyclops right now from a few ingredients is more a joke.

Indeed. You realize this thing is 180 feet long, right?
    zetachron wrote: »
    a place where you could refit submarine modules to make the submarine fit for a specific job or mission.

I concur. Maybe the current SeaMoth dock can be the module being replaced. Collection arm, SeaMoth dock, Exosuit dock, mass-are Propulsion Cannon for fishing, maybe even a turret of some kind to make it to protect Seabases.