Will we have pets?

ThePharaohThePharaoh Egypt Join Date: 2015-08-26 Member: 207493Members
I know there will be a "Cute Fish" for people who bought the special edition..but can we have other pets later on? It kind of makes sense to have pets in a world full of creatures.

Comments

• StetilleStetille Join Date: 2012-07-13 Member: 154099Members, Reinforced - Silver
    You could always inject peeper DNA into various creatures, which makes things more friendly, once the system is implemented. I don't recall if taming of creatures is planned though, although I really hope so.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    A pet Reaper >.<

Or one of those massive docile creatures that swim around with the three long tentacles at the back. Those big things remind me of the Silt Walkers in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind; at least it's the noise they make that reminds me of them.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh Egypt Join Date: 2015-08-26 Member: 207493Members
    i never said a big creature..just maybe a smaller one thing that follows you around doing random stuff hahaha
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    You can get a pet stalker to fetch scraps for you.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    A pet Reaper >.<

Or one of those massive docile creatures that swim around with the three long tentacles at the back. Those big things remind me of the Silt Walkers in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind; at least it's the noise they make that reminds me of them.

Reefbacks. They're called Reefbacks.

My idea is more of, not a "service" pet like a stalker is, but more of a companion. It can get pretty lonely without any friends, especially on a planet light-years from home. So, instead... maybe just make friends. Not really full "taming" of pets, but doing things that make animals take a liking to you and follow you around. I could do with a Hoopfish or a Peeper following me around.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh Egypt Join Date: 2015-08-26 Member: 207493Members
    Reefbacks. They're called Reefbacks.

My idea is more of, not a "service" pet like a stalker is, but more of a companion. It can get pretty lonely without any friends, especially on a planet light-years from home. So, instead... maybe just make friends. Not really full "taming" of pets, but doing things that make animals take a liking to you and follow you around. I could do with a Hoopfish or a Peeper following me around.

Thats exactly what i meant..I cant wait to see the birds they will impliment soon on the aurora after radiation is removed and into the island..would be awesome too to later on see land creatures.

I just have so much hope and hype about this game..it literally is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played.
    ThePharaoh wrote: »
    it literally is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played.
    Well done. You just summarized Subnautica in 13 words.

• jdanilovjdanilov Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207459Members
    Luminescent pets that light the way. Scary pets that fend of monsters. Backtracking pet that will show you the way back to submarine if touched. Alerting pet that change color when danger is nearby. Thermomether pet that do the same but when temperature changes. Food pets you can grab & eat along the way. Disco pet that play you Abba songs while you dive, recharge your rifle and serve you special depth drinks with discount.
    jdanilov wrote: »
    Luminescent pets that light the way. Scary pets that fend of monsters. Backtracking pet that will show you the way back to submarine if touched. Alerting pet that change color when danger is nearby. Thermomether pet that do the same but when temperature changes. Food pets you can grab & eat along the way. Disco pet that play you Abba songs while you dive, recharge your rifle and serve you special depth drinks with discount.

Maybe to the first, I'd prefer not on the second, agree to the third, agree to the fourth, don't see the point to the fifth, the sixth defies the point of a pet (and it's cruel), and WTF to the seventh and last.

I still think the best "pets" in the game would just be companions. Like actual pets are.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    ThePharaoh wrote: »
    I know there will be a "Cute Fish" for people who bought the special edition..but can we have other pets later on? It kind of makes sense to have pets in a world full of creatures.

An alien seal would be an awesome pet. Can catch fish and dig for resources with you. :)