Gameplay Compilation #3

xoomxoom Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175344Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
All footage from medi's "No Rookies Pub - Captains" and a bit from NSL gathers. Not monetized. Make sure to watch at 60fps @ 720p+. Enjoy!

As always, huge thanks to medi and Thelus for their efforts running the captains pub, and to turts for the awesome captains mod, and to all the players that make the community awesome.

Edit: Germany compliant version below.

Comments

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Those Meds at 5:00 tho... Mmmmmm. Makes a commander happy to see his marine poppin fades with his meds.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hahahaha that skulk that slipped thru had me almost in tears. Funny stuff, gud vid.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    My favorite is the segment where you're following me around watching me kill everything ;)

Nah I'm kidding, the Ypsi skulk slow-motion segment was too amazing
  • rek.netrek.net Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157667Members
  • xoomxoom Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175344Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was walking/crouching for miles without para, you wallhacker.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Man your tracking skills just melt lerks.. I'd be seriously hesitant to aggro lerk with you on marines.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Makes me feel bad, fat and ugly.

Thanks for that xoom.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2015
    lovely shotsNbitesNswipes there, damn awesome stuffs! Really enjoyed the video, did a shoutout in my latest one in the bonus bit at the end :)

Indeed that skulk was a super skulker :D
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    lovely shotsNbitesNswipes there, damn awesome stuffs! Really enjoyed the video, did a shoutout in my latest one in the bonus bit at the end :)

Indeed that skulk was a super skulker :D

Thanks man! Definitely appreciate that.
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Makes me feel bad, fat and ugly.

Thanks for that xoom.

Whoever you are, you're beautiful and talented.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just makes me want to play at medi's "No Rookies Pub - Captains"
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Germany viewers can't watch your video because you use music from UMG. GEMA(Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights) doesn't approve. :(
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2015
    GameOver wrote: »
    Germany viewers can't watch your video because you use music from UMG. GEMA(Society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights) doesn't approve. :(

Yeah it's always a gamble using licenced music. The audio library has some pretty spiffy music as well and you can actually use that without copyright or region specific blocking
    edited August 2015

Yeah it's always a gamble using licenced music. The audio library has some pretty spiffy music as well and you can actually use that without copyright or region specific blocking

Yeah I wont make this mistake again. I'm working on fixing it, or I'll just upload another copy without that song so those folks can watch it. I'm not exactly an experienced youtube uploader.
    edited August 2015
    xoom wrote: »

Yeah I wont make this mistake again. I'm working on fixing it, or I'll just upload another copy without that song so those folks can watch it. I'm not exactly an experienced youtube uploader.

You could use the YT video editor, but it is clunky to use and you'd have to replace all the audio anyway in this case (including the voice overs ingame and game audio, cause it's overlapping the licensed music). As of late you can actually position the audio, but I'd personally prefer my own video editor instead :D It's only handy if you really want to keep the views/comments/likes/favs and don't really care for the audio of the video itself (game sounds/commentary)

Also you are allowed to use licensed music, but have to mention it in your description and YouTube will show ads on your video to support the creator of said music. this link has a list of what licenced music is allowed, but some might still be blocked in some countries, every region/country has their own regulations. However these video's can't be monetized by you as a result. Where the "free music" tab allows for monetizing, if that's something you'd want to get into later on...

Games like GTA and Fallout3+ are problematic games as well with their ingame radio, make sure they are turned off as they can be flagged for licensed music sometimes... Heck game music can sometimes be falsely flagged and it's annoying to dispute the claim and you risk getting a copyright mark if your dispute is refused (even if it is valid). It's not a perfect system for lone wolf (none network) YouTubers. Even YouTubers who are part of a network can get in trouble over a false claim as well... I've had a few false claims from the automatic bot, but they were luckily easily disputed, still it had me on edge (using completely valid outside free licensed music sites such as ccmixter)

There are other sites as well, ccmixter is one for instance, it has free to use music if you credit them and link to the copyright licence. All of that is more work though, cause you need to link to licences and provide proof you are indeed allowed to use it yadayada. Compared to the audio library and just mentioning the music you used in the description and I'm fairly certain their audio detection bot automatically knows it is music from their own library. But those other sites might have "cooler" music :tongue:

I always use this format somewhere in the description, using for example the music piece "A Long Cold" from the library:
    This video is using the following music from the YouTube Audio Library, which allows for monetization of the video:

00:00 A Long Cold (2:33 Riot, Pop|Bright)

---
    sorry for the rant, but I just want new youtubers to be safe and know this stuff ahead of time before getting into trouble :)
    Awesome info, thanks! I used 2 songs and was able to see which one is blocked in Germany through the audio library. I think my best course is to just replace that song and upload a copy for the Germany folks. Luckily the Glitch Mob song, which I used to sync and pace the bulk of the footage, can stay. The disputed song is just background for the "bloopers" at the end.

Thanks again, really informative post.
    Germany compliant version. Sorry for the wait.