What do YOU want the next major update to be?

Comments

• hhdropbaudhhdropbaud Join Date: 2009-07-07 Member: 68070Members
    Here's my Idea's! I hope they are do-able / plausable.

I'd like to see the power transfer nodes to be replaced with a Light Beacon that you can stab into the ground and do the same thing as the nodes. 4 small Led's on the side's that give a small glow up close or Strobe flash the main beacon, the main beacon on top would light up a small area when it has power.
    Maybe increase the distance you can place between then by 50% - 100% so you don't feel like you should be laying down more base instead of transfer node / Manually connect with wires maybe. Also make a portable power supply " Off site " power supply for the lights / bases that you can switch the big battery's out of. I think this item would be immersive for those Dark, Deep dark water bases.

Also maybe add flood lights to the game? Hooked up to base power / uses power.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Bolo_Nike wrote: »
    exosuit, aurora exploration, seamoth upgrades, RECHARGABLE BATTERIES

other than those, eh, surprise us!

What he said, and maybe a way to recharge the cyclops. That hunk of useless is a gas hog so to speak. Even with the power upgrade module. I would like to use it, but I would be spending my whole time making power cells. That has to get improved, or I would prefer it to be an upgrade to work up to. Add solar panels to the top which would be great for both cyclops and seamoth.
  • silverfearsilverfear belgium Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205112Members
    well co-op would be nice
    than the sea emporor and sea dragon
    and mayby a mothership for docking a cyclopse
    but making one is for advanced players ho would need a lott of diffrent resources
    like nukelier bleuprint, magnite, diament advanced computerships, tons of enambled glas and Plasteel Ingot ,Nanowires and ...
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    ok, if they add an arctic biome then I have have two things I want to see in it.

1. huge areas of ice that prevent players from accessing the air (and putting in an actual need to use the pipes)

2. an equivalent of arctic krill covering large areas of the underside of the ice which all attack the players at once.
  • IfritIfrit canada Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207209Members
    I would personally like to see a large improvement on the habitat modules more things to build possibly bedroom and furniture stuff would be awesome. Hydroponic beds to grow food in the habitat would also be really cool maybe some cosmetic inner walls to divide the larger rooms up and make it look nice, plant life for a green house section (would probably include hydroponic related things.
  • ArchiteuthisDonksArchiteuthisDonks Internet Join Date: 2015-08-20 Member: 207340Members
    Hm....well, there's lots of things I'd like to see as small tweaks or Quality-of-life improvements, mostly in terms of seabase building. But in terms of a Major Update, with the capitalization firmly in place?

There's two things I'd like, and I'll tuck them into spoilers to avoid a wall of text effect.

1. A Fauna Update
    More biome-exclusive creatures, a larger variety of creatures in general, and more ways to interact with them.

Non-murderous resource harvesting (as with Stalker Teeth and Crash Powder) is fascinating and unusual stuff for this type of game; I'd like to see more of that. Incidental creatures, like the little light-up seafloor bugs and so forth, are fantastic.

The ability to bait or ward off certain creatures with tempting food substances etc.
    The ability to breed edible fish like peepers et. al., to renew stocks and revitalize the ecosystem.
    Heck, the ability to breed all the planet's creatures, in time.

And my biggest incentive for exploring new areas is encountering new creatures. If those creatures could give me new and interesting equipment/benefits, and if they have interesting, dynamic behavior? Then that's perfect.

So, seconding/thirding/etc. 'More Fauna' and 'Improved Creature AI'.

2. A Seabase Update
    Echoing several others, a greater variety of furniture and decorative items for seabases would be fantastic.
    Bedroom furniture, cooking modules, a base desalinator, would all be great to see. And you could even go further afield; a columnar fishtank for flora samples, Shovel_fighter's hologram projector, a variety of seating and lighting options- or at least the ability to turn lights on and off.

To vary the aesthetic of seabases, colored paneling would also be fantastic- pure white, hazard yellow, deep crimson? Beautiful.

However, the two things I want most for building:
    1. A snap-to-grid function for items such as solar panels, lockers, benches, etc.
    2. Precise XYZ placement controls for corridors and rooms.

In other words, I want to be able to put things exactly where I want them, not approximately where I want them. I tend to end up obliterating the pretty terrain feature I wanted to build on nowadays.
  • SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
    I'd say a pet system like I suggested before with DNA mixing of animals to create things pink glowing bone sharks, stalkers that can dig to hide metal for you, or even mine it. Cyborg attachments like propulsion cannon parts to stalkers to help them pull in metal, terraformer parts to sandsharks for digging, and maybe even stair rifle
  • Storesund98Storesund98 USA Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205963Members
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    Something interesting in the air at night and day (which would be clouds, stars and flying whales just kidding)

GEORGE!!!

WTF? How do you know my first name.. Who are you?

Also apparently nobody listens to me when I say stuff about multiplayer and what we already know about it :/

O_0
    That's actually your name?!

what i was referring to was in a video on generic's channel (stranded deep)
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Looks right now that they're hard at work in making the Seamoth kick more ass.

Which I am totally fine with.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I'd like to see:

Longer day/night cycles
    A moon in the sky at night
    More areas to explore
    Deeper biomes
    Creatures spawn babies which grow up (though this would have to be regulated else the biome would become madly over populated >.<)
    More options when building bases. For example - making the bases more homely. At the moment they are just bare metal and glass with no furniture. How about a bed which you can sleep in which will regain health.

And behind the scenes:

Better graphic optimisation for better performance
    More options to tailor the game for the specs of our computer: more graphics choices, options to turn off background music
    Smaller game save files (mine's currently at 1.28GB and growing).
    The option to have more than one game save - more game save slots
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Creatures spawn babies which grow up (though this would have to be regulated else the biome would become madly over populated >.<)

Maybe each biome could have a set amount, or range of amounts, for creature populations.
    When one dies (Gets knifed, eaten, smashed or exploded) a babby fish will be born (Randomly spawned in the bionme) somewhere and swim around for a few days until it grows up.

Maybe each biome could have a set amount, or range of amounts, for creature populations.
    When one dies (Gets knifed, eaten, smashed or exploded) a babby fish will be born (Randomly spawned in the bionme) somewhere and swim around for a few days until it grows up.

Good idea :smile:
  • Storesund98Storesund98 USA Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205963Members
    they already have that, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • rchausserchausse canada,quebec Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207373Members
    1-It will be nice to have the ability to replace the cell in the cyclops by the nuclear reactor and fill up with uranium for more power.
    2-sdk or steam workshop to give us possibility to create stuff and receipt.
    3- random world generation to infinity like other crafting game.

No I don't think they do, at least not in build 21956. When I click save I get no options to make a new save or overwrite an existing one. When I click on save I simply get a few seconds delay and then a message telling me the game has been saved. When I check on my hard drive for game save files I see only one, which appears to be the latest one, having overwritten the previous one.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members

No I don't think they do, at least not in build 21956. When I click save I get no options to make a new save or overwrite an existing one. When I click on save I simply get a few seconds delay and then a message telling me the game has been saved. When I check on my hard drive for game save files I see only one, which appears to be the latest one, having overwritten the previous one.

There's no option to overwrite save files, correct. I don't know for sure how the game's save file management works, but there is absolutely the ability to have multiple saved games. Each time you make a new game and save it, it writes it as a new saved game. When you click Load Game, it should give you a list of games to start up, showing the in-game player view when saved, game type, play time, and with icons denoting if a seamoth and/or cyclops has been constructed. Looks like the game is sorted by playtime in descending order, I guess? Hard to tell when I've got one game with 0mins and one with 11hrs, 31min. :grin:

Just checked this myself in the latest stable build (21956).
    edited August 2015
    Nope, I'm certainly not getting that. I just get the one save file available for loading no matter how many saves I make.

I'm using Windows 10 and play on Freedom mode. You?
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    edited August 2015
    Ah forgot bout that picture, thanks Lightdevil :D One thing though is where will we see something that large? I'm still hoping for a "biome" that is just a massive open ocean with crazy massive creatures / schools of random fish swimming around :|

Edit: That's an awesome idea Leon, looks good too :P
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    tarek wrote: »
    more map MORE like 10k km in every direction and 5000meters down :D

Well, you can go 10,000m down if you know how to do it.

My suggestion would be more critters, especially very rare and very large ones. I get the most excited when I see a reaper or a Mesmer (and am anticipating the Sea Emporer and the under sand crab thing).
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    Nope, I'm certainly not getting that. I just get the one save file available for loading no matter how many saves I make.

I'm using Windows 10 and play on Freedom mode. You?

Only tried with Survival (not hardcore) and I'm on win7.
    ive learned that if I start a new game using a different mode (survival for sample) then my Freedom save remains. But if I make a second save in any one of the two modes it overwrites the existing save file in that same mode.

My two main hopes for updates remain graphics rendering optimisation for a smoother gameplay and smaller (much smaller!) game save files. I don't know why the increasing size of my game save (now over 1.5 GB bothers me so much. Probably because I envisage one game save eventually taking up more room on my hard drive that the game itself takes. >.<.
  • Dracos_VDracos_V Join Date: 2016-03-30 Member: 215043Members
    I always wanted a elevator for the jacksepticeye underwater base, so could you make it ? And it would be AWESSOME if there was GIANT MOSTERS like c'thulu and godzilla even thought they are really big, but still you can make some big ass giant creatures. Thx for reading this :D

Bifeclassico, meet the sea dragon/emperor leviathans
  • Dracos_VDracos_V Join Date: 2016-03-30 Member: 215043Members
    I just want the sea emperor leviathan animations worked on.
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    I want the lava biome to be ready already, I mean they have the biome creatures maid already
    And having another huge dangerous creature like the reaper nevertheless BIGGER then him is so exciting and cool!! The area also is very big and scary with a LAVA CASTLE?! It's suppose to be the most intersting biome in the game so that why I just wish we will already have it COMPLETE in the game.
  • AzeckAzeck The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216090Members
    Personally I hope we get Co-Op next.
    Fortunately we won't get Co-Op next, if we were it wouldn't be great, we have very little in the game right now, in the next few updates this year we will get ALOT of stuff in the updates which are worth more then Co-Op. I'd love to see Co-Op ofcourse, but not yet.

• AzeckAzeck The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216090Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Sharks with lasers?

Aslong as they are not lethal

Sharks that fire radiation beams from their frontal lobes to microwave their prey would be cool.
    It would slowly deal radiation damage to the player unless they had the lead suit on. Otherwise it would show "radiation detected" as you got lasered and slowly lost health, forcing you to look around for it and punch/knife it until it ran away

this is a game yes so limits can be surpassed, but a shark that can fire radiation beams???? that would kill the shark wouldn't it? because he is touching the radiation itself meaning he's just making his own death.
  • nekozjinekozji uk Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216121Members
    Delicious necro chaps, well done :)

I'll settle for performance fixes. I tire of 1 fps in safe shallows.
  • Fireyserpent1Fireyserpent1 Fireyserpent Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216255Members
    I think they should try to add in more thing to the game fully, and also add back in things like the
    observatory Capsule, or the current generator.
  • Fireyserpent1Fireyserpent1 Fireyserpent Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216255Members
    stalviet wrote: »
    i want some system to keep stalkers and other predators away from your base, like a field of shockers that give em lil zaps to scare em away. i also want more ways to interact with the flora and fauna besides cook/eating them. some sort of research system and using them in a non lethal fashion. especially reefbacks. like if we could build a mini pod on the reefback to use as a mobile outpost. OR A CHARIOT PULLED BY REEFBACKS. also someone already mentioned it but more options for sustainability would be great. seriously those please integrate fish with technology

We could try the current generator, exept better
    nekozji wrote: »
    Delicious necro chaps, well done :)

I'll settle for performance fixes. I tire of 1 fps in safe shallows.

Yes, performance tweaks to fix the shuddering of graphics on even powerful machines would be my preference. Sometimes it makes traveling in the seamoth vary difficult.