Where is grand reef?

m2stechm2stech QLD Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206849Members
Where can I find grand reef to get the moonpool fragments? directions from escapepod would be appreciated.

Comments

• stalvietstalviet Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187281Members
    yeahhhh so the world is kinda randomly generated so telling you how to get there will be hard. however i can recomend that you look deep. really deep.
  • stalvietstalviet Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187281Members
    and by randomly generated i mean the pod spawn, from what iv found though the grand reef is behind the aurora, aka go the back of it and face away, botom left ish of the map
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2015
    only the pod span is random everything else is placed by hand and always the same, as to the original question, the Grand reef is... Stand on your escape pod, look to the auroras engines, turn 70° to the right, swim straight until you reach it, grand reef is deep down 200-450 meters i believe but not sure.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    This should help a bit
    latest?cb=20150731224526
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    This should help a bit
    latest?cb=20150731224526

You are doing this wrong. Its way too small man.
  • surelbsurelb UNK Join Date: 2015-07-27 Member: 206435Members
    Think of the Aurora as a really funky compass. The front end points to the NorthEast. The engines point to SouthWest.
    You want to head directly south using the seamoth. Make sure you bring at least one extra powercell. If you head south on safe shallows, then into green kelp you might run into a spot with a severe drop off to the red kelp zone. If you're in that area, take an immediate right where you can see a bunch of rocky spots, go into that rocky area, turn left and head down into the valley to find the moonpool fragments.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Aurora engines point right toward the Surface floating island. Grand reef is directly below the island.
    When looking at this one thing really bugs me, that the basic biomes all exist mutliple times and the more special ones do not. Here is hoping this changes. IT will probably, hand crafting a world just takes time..
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    When looking at this one thing really bugs me, that the basic biomes all exist mutliple times and the more special ones do not. Here is hoping this changes. IT will probably, hand crafting a world just takes time..

Whats wrong with that? If rare biomes exist multiple times then they're not really rare anymore now are they?

• makillin247makillin247 ohio Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217745Members
    The maps help a lot, thanks. And I agree, if they are rare yet there are 5-10 of those locations..how rare is that? Anyways..wish they would add a multiplayer function
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    Aurora engines point right toward the Surface floating island. Grand reef is directly below the island.

Yep, that's what I do to get to the Grand reef (:
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited June 2016

This. Follow the engines and stay in the surface until you see the floating island. Then dive from it.

Just don't go too close to the aurora.

But if you want moonpool fragments, just go to the mushroom forest. Way closer than the reef.
  • KaruuKaruu Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216583Members
    neamerjell wrote: »
    k1y5zvaavqid.png

Whoa, wait a second, the Arctic biome exists? I thought that was a concept for the very far future.
    I also saw a very early concept of the map with the Arctic biome being all across the East side of the map.

Does that mean they'll implement it sometime soon?

I'm really stoked for it.
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    edited June 2016
    Karuu wrote: »
    k1y5zvaavqid.png

Whoa, wait a second, the Arctic biome exists? I thought that was a concept for the very far future.
    I also saw a very early concept of the map with the Arctic biome being all across the East side of the map.

What kind of creatures are froze there...

*hides*

Edit: Wow! The Grand Reef is huge! :open_mouth:
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    Karuu wrote: »
    k1y5zvaavqid.png

It exists, It's just really white sand similar to the empty areas.
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    Look in your game directory at Subnautica/SNUnmanagedData/Build18/biomeMap_1024.png
    it's a map of the game and its updated with the game... and use this a reference to the different areas.
    latest?cb=20151202191006
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Been playing around with cheat codes and "printbiome" used in conjunction with the biome map from game's build folder and I came up with this:

k1y5zvaavqid.png

This is a REAAAAAALLY old and outdated map, so please don't use this one.