What makes this game so raging!?

2»

Comments

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    mattji104 wrote: »
    I have more, but the main thing that frustrates me now is in gathers and the no rookies pub when people don't respond to their mame being called explicitly for a call.

Just lost a fade last night because a skulk didnt engage with me after I called him out by name. I like trusting people when I play because it's rewarding, so when you get fucked for it, it makes me rage atleast a wee biy

did you factor in the half second delay in voice chat?
    What pisses me off is people who attempt to concede with 2 hives and when they fail, they spend the next 20 minutes slacking to turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2 hives... with 2 res, that spells win i believe.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2015
    The same 3 maps is frustrating. I want to play anything but the holy trinity most nights.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    amoral wrote: »
    I have more, but the main thing that frustrates me now is in gathers and the no rookies pub when people don't respond to their mame being called explicitly for a call.

Just lost a fade last night because a skulk didnt engage with me after I called him out by name. I like trusting people when I play because it's rewarding, so when you get fucked for it, it makes me rage atleast a wee biy

This was on teamspeak. And yea I called it before I entered hub from repair room with the skulk waiting by the hub/mezz/et junction. He just didn't hop in and I treated it as though he was going to be biting with me, then someone came from server and nabbed me. This was a gather
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    And they do that right before Fades appear...most of the time they just take their 50 res and leave the server. That is not helpful.

One thing that always disturbed me is that aliens lost the ability to shoot back. Ns1 was about fighting and using fun tactics, ns2 is about avoiding grouped up marines and strike where they are not, because they totally have the ranged advantage. With the lack of fun, different tactics, fun maps, a map rotation with different mods, etc....ns2 has a lot more stress potential than ns1 had. Combine that with always the same three maps and stacked teams and you know where the rage comes from. It is building up and there is no way to relax. Sometimes the pregame mod is played longer than the actual round. People just need some fun stuff to relax. And ns2 need more players (surprise). Right now the atmosphere on some of my favorite servers changed from awesome to toxicity, because people are forced to play together that don't really fit together (my #1 reason for ignoring ns2 for 3 months now).

well, the ns1 community was quite toxic in the latter days too...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    For aliens the 'save for lifeform all game and waste it in 1 second' element is an obvious source of rage.
    But its also the element what makes it exciting to play aliens in the 1st place.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

People complaining about this or that but never change anything in their behavior to at least not being part of the problem.
    • Maps : "Hooo dude it's always Tram/veil/summit!". The game ends, a vote is on the way. He/she votes for one the three previous listed maps... ...
    • Stacking : "Teams are stacked". Let's vote (considering FET works), FET wins, players are re-assigned in teams. Then they just F4, J1/J2... ... They also forget to say teams are stacked when they are on the good side of the line.
    • Custom maps : "Dude there is no custom maps around". Said some server admins... ... (I mean; really?!?!?!).
    • One channel TV : People trying to get better at NS but voting and re-voting for the actual map. If they want to progress they should change map as much as possible. Having 2 round on a map is Ok, more than that starts to be boring. Same goes for Custom maps as well.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    edited July 2015
    Wheeee wrote: »
    well, the ns1 community was quite toxic in the latter days too...

That is true and the reason why I stopped playing ns1 as well. That should be fixable with more players. And if we don't get them, the game is dead anyways.

edit: And the toxicity came from the remaining players and not the gameplay itself IMO. Now the game AND the toxicity get's on your *****.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Like in every game.
    If the game is lost its always the others players fault:

For the average player: the one who is attacking the enemy res nonstop is an rambo.
    For the compêtitive player: the lemming team has no aim or gamesense.
    For the com: the team is not listen to his commands
    For the team: the com is not fast enough with meds
    For new players: noone is helping him
    For the vets: the new players dont listen to him

The greater raging potential comes from this:
    You can have a top div1 player with an totally noob in one team and on top of that the game has another person to blame, the commander.

Im sure you didnt find any similar in any other shooter out there.

• HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    For me, it's always the dick teaching people how to play and making comments like "RIP onos" from the stacked team. If you're on a stacked team, have the decency to STFU.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    HeatSurge wrote: »
    For me, it's always the dick teaching people how to play and making comments like "RIP onos" from the stacked team. If you're on a stacked team, have the decency to STFU.

Even more stupid when you know they can't do anything without stacking. Because they're basically bad players and just join the stacked team to increase their Hive score.
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

I actually find this goading fun because I don't take public too seriously. I love it when people do it back to me also.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2015
    nachos wrote: »

I actually find this goading fun because I don't take public too seriously. I love it when people do it back to me also.

I agree. friendly shit talk is always fun, it increases the competition because now you want to beat that person even more. if somebody saying "rip <lifeform>" makes you upset, well idk then.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I only get sad when someone shoots a bellysliding gorge, that is totally unacceptable in any way shape or form

But I'll let it slide man... I'll let it slide :cry:
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Pelargir wrote: »

Even more stupid when you know they can't do anything without stacking. Because they're basically bad players and just join the stacked team to increase their Hive score.

To this day I have not met anyone who gives a shit about their hive score. Apart from when there's a massive stack going on its not even mentioned.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    IM NOT ANGRY IM BEING PASSIONATE *smashes keyboard against head repeatedly, attempts to insert mouse into butthole*
    amoral wrote: »

This was on teamspeak. And yea I called it before I entered hub from repair room with the skulk waiting by the hub/mezz/et junction. He just didn't hop in and I treated it as though he was going to be biting with me, then someone came from server and nabbed me. This was a gather

... well bad players will be bad. better players wouldn't need to be told. Skulks sometimes need to fill the role of "Big Babbler"

... well shit, I just found my new in game alias. Big Babbler. damn. that's just full of win.