So, my kids and I really like Subnautica...(Ok, we LOVE IT)

BizQuickBizQuick Florida Join Date: 2015-04-20 Member: 203663Members
I just wanted to share this. I love the game and thought it'd be fun to play with two of my boys ages 9 and 7.
So, first I found this picture the day after we played the first time together and then we all played the Subnautica mash-up between UNO and a matching game that the 9 year old created. It was actually quite fun!

They've both decided that they'd like a "sea turtle" type alien that shoots spikes out of it's tail...so...yeah better get on that. ;-)

Much love and keep up the great work! We all can't wait to play the full version!!

BizQuick
d3fa6ab0aaf6b321daf8abecf0ac38.jpg

e3e9695817c453aa316beb46b0366e.jpg

Comments

• FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    Awww.

Awwww.

awwww.

Kids, man. Can't wait ti have some of those things xD.
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    edited April 2015
    yessss this is how kids become smarter well done
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    UWE Subnautica branding department better step up! Hats, shirts, backpacks, sleeping bags, birthday cakes...
  • BizQuickBizQuick Florida Join Date: 2015-04-20 Member: 203663Members
    Yes, my boys rarely wear shirts inside..LOL They are dudes. I think I'm winning the game he made. BTW the big "Subnautica" birthday bash is Saturday. Wish me luck! It just turns out that the new update happens today and he has no idea. He's going to be sooo excited to get to explore the wreckage with me! I can't wait to enjoy all of your hard work. thanks for all you do.
    ras0151y4n4d.jpg
    Racer1 wrote: »
    UWE Subnautica branding department better step up! Hats, shirts, backpacks, sleeping bags, birthday cakes...

Actually we had Isaac (9) draw his best scene from our Subnautica adventures and color it best he could. We sent it to Publix and they are printing it on his cake. :) It won't say "Subnautica" though so no copyright issues. We'll see how it turns out. If I remember I'll take a pic of the festivities.

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Awesome stuff! It's so nice to see kids getting into this game. This game is quite unique in that there isn't another like it out there in a sense that's extremely good and of high quality. Glad the devs continue to improve upon the game for all of us to enjoy this artful piece of software.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Love it! Keep on encouraging your kids to explore and be creative :D
    omg u made a card game :D
    edited May 2015
    tarek wrote: »
    omg u made a card game :D

Actually my 9-year old made it. Here's us just chillin at his birthday lunch playing Subnautica cards. :smiley:

2j968fnnyrf8.jpg

• ZurellZurell Australia Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204038Members
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I have no idea how to do anything. But I need help fixing subnautica from crashing everytime I try to start a New Game
    acid whale is a 10 ... sounds right :P
  • KILLTHISKILLTHIS Germany Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204051Members
    That's just awesome. How did they react to the Reaper Leviathan? Even as an (almost) 26 year old I screamed like a little girl.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    KILLTHIS wrote: »
    That's just awesome. How did they react to the Reaper Leviathan? Even as an (almost) 26 year old I screamed like a little girl.

Ok well when Crash Site came, we went there at first in our cyclops, so no worries. Mind you we're all gathered around the PC, huddled partially on my lap (the 3 yr old) and the two in chairs. Well, I died (friggin crash site crab thingies) and my save was back at base so I swam back. BAD IDEA! The 3 yr old leapt off me and hid under my covers and the two hid behind me while I swam backwards hitting it with the stasis rifle over and over till it left. SO awesome! Today they keep talking about the Reaper encounter.

• KILLTHISKILLTHIS Germany Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204051Members
    That cake is awesome. Looks like one hell of a party. :smile:
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
    umm.. Hello? I think the awesome button broke, as i spammed it :smiley:
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    That cake (and the drawing your son made that is on it) is so win. I love all the details in the picture, he did a great job capturing the game in a single image.
  • KhaglunKhaglun Norway Join Date: 2015-03-20 Member: 202354Members
    Awww! That's just awesome ^_^
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I would like to see this thread stickied.

I think it provides great insight for people new to the game and the forums, a chance to get an understanding of the reason things are designed the way they are in Subnautica.

It's also a fantastic feel good thread to refer to every once in a while. :D

• InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    This left a big smile on my face. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • rpanicrpanic Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34301Members, Constellation
    Have 3 sons 3-8yo. This has turned into one of our favorite games. This game is beautiful and is turning out to be something really special, not many games that we all like. Unknown Worlds has came a long way since it started.
    rpanic wrote: »
    Have 3 sons 3-8yo. This has turned into one of our favorite games. This game is beautiful and is turning out to be something really special, not many games that we all like. Unknown Worlds has came a long way since it started.

The boys and I eagerly look for each update. They love it more and more. What a great game from a great group of folks. I'll start the game and crank the sound up (I have nice speakers)....the loading screen music starts and the boys come running from all over the house! :)

• BritemacBritemac Texas Join Date: 2015-07-20 Member: 206290Members
    If you haven't, you should take them through to a mushroom forest, I think they'd like that