Crashes and stasis rifle...

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Excuse me guys, but if you shoot with the stasis rifle at a crash, shouldn't it freeze it in its home and make it blow up inside?

because last time i tried to do that the crashes were immune to the field!

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    1. Shoot crash home
    2. Go near it so the fish tries to chase you
    3. The fish blows up the crash home.

If this doesn't happen, then it's a bug.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    edited June 2015
    It didn't...and i almost ended up with a cluster of crashes chasing me...

I evaded just in time.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Unless they changed it that is how it is supposed to work. However I would reccomend against it if you are hoping to harvest crash meal for flares and such, since it removes a home even if it leaves one meal behind. It's safter to put out a large field and entice the crashes to swim into it.
    mmmmh the problem is how to attract the crash out of the house...what can I do to make it come out without needing a new suit?
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2015
    mmmmh the problem is how to attract the crash out of the house...what can I do to make it come out without needing a new suit?

It usually involves something like:
    a) Launch a large stasis bubble around you
    b) approach until you hear the kamikaze sound of the crash attacking
    c) swim back like hell into your safety bubble
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited June 2015
    Another tool to deal with this situation is the Propulsion Cannon instead of the Stasis Rifle. Suck em out and launch em. If you're lucky the first thing you pull to you is the crash meal itself.
    wait a minute, you mean that with the propulsion cannon, i can suck the crash out before it explodes?

Or do i suck out the plant?
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited June 2015
    The Crasher. If you shoot it back at it's plant, the explosion creates a crater around it. That way you can easily finish the plant off with the knife ... usually one stab is enough. the explosion is pretty powerful.
    >:) ooooh thank you very much