The Crew of Subnautica - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageThe Crew of Subnautica - Subnautica

A ship is only as strong as her crew. She may have the most accurate navigation equipment, the most powerful engines, the strongest hull: None of it is of any use if her crew does not do right by her. Subnautica is being developed by a small team. What it lacks in numbers, it makes up for in experience, determination, and energy. During development, this team will grow slightly, and we will update this post as it does. Charlie (Flayra) is our leader, taking on the role of game director and lead gameplay programmer. He brought the idea of Subnautica to Unknown Worlds, and has inspired us to work on it. He is responsible for designing the …

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The blog comment system is currently broken. So here is a manually created comment thread. You know, like in the good old days! Original post: The Crew of Subnautica
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yay for the olden days!
    Great work and a great concept!

Also:
    Holy crap! Look at the pillow lava explosions! Looks fantastic
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Looking forward sailing as part of the crew on the good-ship Sunbautica! :D Many adventures await!
  • perfectheatperfectheat Join Date: 2007-06-28 Member: 61405Members
    Really looking forward to following the development.

Noticed that there is no mention of Max? Is he busy with Spark?
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @perfectheat

I love your signature :)
    And a doom mod with ns2 weapons and aliens would be awsome :D
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Really looking forward to following the development.

Noticed that there is no mention of Max? Is he busy with Spark?
    Yeah, definitely is. Along with Dushan and Brian.

Will there also be a spark engine update blog series? It would be interesting to see what max, brian, and Dushan are going to be doing during this time!

• KenshikenKenshiken Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182698Members
    Looking forward for first gameplay trailer or some environments teaser.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think this is just the thread I am looking for.
  • MetroMetro Join Date: 2007-09-15 Member: 62316Members
    So excited. Looking forward to everything about this! Woooo!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Flayra wrote: »
    We're not ready to talk about about what Max, Dushan, Brian, etc. are working on...

I think 2014 is going to be exciting.

What a time to be alive...
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I bet the team is pretty pumped to be working on a brand new IP, go get em guys!
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    WHOAH WHAT I just realised @Flayra has a new forum display picture this is INSANITY!
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    My guess is that they are making a card game. You can design and make the game without an artist, they will have no problems with render distance and has multiplayer - perfect for Spark.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    The Crew of Subnautica
    I see what you did there!

Here is how you can enhance the 4-crew photo to deliver a full broadside :D
    - everybody grow full beards
    - everybody wear navy blue dock worker/fisherman wool caps
    - put picture in the top rotation on the page

PROFIT!
    トラ・トラ・トラ!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    So do these crew come with the stock sub or do you have to unlock them via achievements/DLC?
  • KhaglunKhaglun Norway Join Date: 2015-03-20 Member: 202354Members
    Keep up the good work, i really love this game! Greeting from Norway :):D
  • jose1234jose1234 miami fl Join Date: 2015-04-11 Member: 203284Members
    love the game but please try to have the exosuit work with the game
    also would in the later part a story linr or something to do
    game is very fun and great to play
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Just look at all those cool people!  B)
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    jose1234 said:
    game is very fun and great to play
    In the future, try to edit your original post if you need to add something. :)
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    oh my god! all the famous people on one thread! so many celebrities
  • LAIGLEDEFEULAIGLEDEFEU VANNES Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230111Members
    super les gars je suis un fan de subnautica j ai 800 heures de jeu continuer comme sa .le jeu en htc vive c 'est le pied essayez de faire de la coop a deux
  • jinxlizjinxliz Elizabeth, NJ, Join Date: 2018-03-13 Member: 239011Members
    Hi this Jonathan samet, when I first saw your trailer of the game it got me hooked.
    I started to play it and at first it was some bad running and glitches and after awhile it was fixed. I do have to say I have played the game seven times going into 8. I love the game and can't wait for more stories to come, but do wish i could contact you guys if anything pops up in the game. I know about the f8 contact way, I just feel like I need too reach you guys in a better way. I have some new things you may like to add to the game and some couple of things that may need fixing. Email : andrewjohn162467@gmail.com
  • saito200saito200 Join Date: 2018-09-08 Member: 243387Members
    Who's the creature designer?
  • unknownfanunknownfan NV Join Date: 2019-06-18 Member: 253417Members
    unknown worlds... i have an idea for a creature that you could add in a DLC, 3rd version of subnautica, or in sub zero... i ether want it as a leviathan or any creature at all, my idea is that this creature is one of the insane APEX PREDATORS, i call this creature the sun leviathan (or if its a fish or a creature like ploom,(i dont know what they are called) but it could be sun fish or sun particle)...the attacks (if it can attack) would give off radiation, and if it was to far to attack but far enough to be seen it would blind you for a couple of seconds before your eyes settle in to the brightness... its body, its body would have the same model as your beautiful shadow leviathan just its skin would be a white with a little bit orange and a white yellow aura to give it the lovely glow it needs... the area, the area in which this creature should swim would be in dark areas or close to other leviathans, its natural habitat is in very very deep areas mainly where glow whales and vent gardens would dwell it is only hostile if you look it in the eye, if it sees you it swim around and stare at you if you dont give in to your curiosity it will leave you alone, it is like a mix of mesmer (tactics), shadow leviathan (looks), ghost leviathan (transparency) and ghost ray (glow).

im only 11 years old and i have loved your guys games for 3 years and i at least want you to think about adding this in, thank you
    i love you UNKNOWN WORLDS
  • SamillenniumSamillennium London, Ontario Join Date: 2020-08-14 Member: 263249Members
    I don't know what it would take to make this happen. BUT the world of subnautica / below zero are amazing creations! and it'd be sooo much fun if there was a way to make and play custom stories! like how amnesia has. Again unsure how this would come about being made but it just sounds like so much fun!
  • cymoniumcymonium States Join Date: 2021-06-04 Member: 271066Members
    I just want to say thank you. I’ve not enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect was first released! Bravo!