Need help increasing time it takes for game to start when both commanders are ready.

EnviousEnvious Earth Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204180Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
Any idea on how to increase the time it takes for a round to start when both commanders are on their seat?

Right now its 30 seconds, where can I edit that timer to make it higher, say to 45.

also, what should bwlimit be?

Comments

• woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 171 Fully active user
    edited May 2015
    You need the Shine Administration. Activate then in your baseconfig.json PreGame. Afterwards you can change the value in/plugins/mapvote.json. The entry is called "StartDelay"

I would recommend setting bwlimit to 150 or more

Edit: Here is the Wiki page to set up Pregame: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Pregame
    Mattk50 wrote: »
    Quoting this again to remind people what a bad development and community interaction policy looks like. Lets go down the list. See if you can find exactly where each point is hit.
    -Contradicts community feedback by vaguely insisting a bad change has been "positive"
    -Decrees that the change is permanent despite overwhelming community outcry in the negative
    -Misrepresent the arguments people are using in order to get an easy position to defend your change from.
    -Fail to make any real arguments in favor of your position other than the aforementioned "its positive"
    -Claim to understand complaints immediately after failing to properly interpret and respond to a quote in the same post.
    -Claim that holes left by the newly missing experiences are being filled by unrelated and half baked mechanics.
    -Ignoring community feedback, then retroactively pretending that changes made personally were based on community feedback.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,821 admin
    edited May 2015
    wooza wrote: »

I would recommend setting bwlimit to 150 or more

150 kB/s are more than enough, but you should still have your overall bandwidth per server instance in mind when changing the bwlimit.

I personally would go with
    (0.9 * server instance bandwidth - ~150 ] / max(player count)

(bandwidth in kB!).

Overall better don't touch net vars if you are not aware of what exactly they do.
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 72 Advanced user
    Actually, the setting for when both commanders are in their seat is called "CountdownTime", and it's in the plugins/PreGame.json file.

The "StartDelay" option is for after a map change. It forces the first round start to wait for the given time before starting to check commanders/pregame time left.

I've just updated that wiki page with hopefully clearer descriptions, as reading it now it was pretty badly worded.