Need help increasing time it takes for game to start when both commanders are ready.

EnviousEnvious Earth Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204180Members
Any idea on how to increase the time it takes for a round to start when both commanders are on their seat?

Right now its 30 seconds, where can I edit that timer to make it higher, say to 45.

also, what should bwlimit be?

Comments

• woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2015
    You need the Shine Administration. Activate then in your baseconfig.json PreGame. Afterwards you can change the value in/plugins/mapvote.json. The entry is called "StartDelay"

I would recommend setting bwlimit to 150 or more

Edit: Here is the Wiki page to set up Pregame: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Pregame
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    wooza wrote: »

I would recommend setting bwlimit to 150 or more

150 kB/s are more than enough, but you should still have your overall bandwidth per server instance in mind when changing the bwlimit.

I personally would go with
    (0.9 * server instance bandwidth - ~150 ] / max(player count)

(bandwidth in kB!).

Overall better don't touch net vars if you are not aware of what exactly they do.
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    Actually, the setting for when both commanders are in their seat is called "CountdownTime", and it's in the plugins/PreGame.json file.

The "StartDelay" option is for after a map change. It forces the first round start to wait for the given time before starting to check commanders/pregame time left.

I've just updated that wiki page with hopefully clearer descriptions, as reading it now it was pretty badly worded.