Snap!

QuantumFlareQuantumFlare Northern Ireland Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203988Members
edited February 2017 in Subnautica General Discussion
Hello everyone! ^_^

***************************************************************************************************************
** Caution to the visitor in case of the unlikey event of ***SPOILERS***. You have been warned! **
***************************************************************************************************************

I created this discussion thread to make a place for letting people share their artistic screenshots during their voyages and discoveries across the oceans of Subnautica's world. It is mostly an arty farty thread, nothing special. :P

Your screenshot can include the following:

(a) A nicely picked shot of the environment you are in.
(b) The vehicle you landed in, if any (the perfect opportunity to show off that Cyclops you built!).
(c) A caption for your screenshot!
(d) Special effects, if you wish...

(b), (c) and (d) are not obligatory.
In the unlikey event of a spoiler, please refer to http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838177 for information on using spoiler tags.

*Hint* Tap the "f12" key to take a screenshot with in any game on Steam, or use the "prt sc" key and paste it into Paint (that's what I did!!)
*Hint* Use "f6" to toggle the HUD.
*Hint* You can use the "Free Cam" to get full control of your camera angle! Here's what to do:
(i) Press "f3" in-game and enable the console.
(ii) Open the console. A small text box should appear at the bottom-left (the key to open it can vary. Try the following keys below:
( ` ) ( ' ) ( enter ) ( # )
(iii) Type in "FREECAM", then press enter. More console commands here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

Can't wait to see what comes out of this! Give it your best! I'll give a few examples to get started. I'm not promising any masterpieces though! :P

Yours truly,

Étienne. ^_^

445wmhxcr7pe.jpg

Comments

• AnthonyH318AnthonyH318 Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204169Members
    edited May 2015
    That place my friend is the grand reef both that and the island are located in the same place, it has already been discovered but for the new people to subnautica who couldn't find it, there it is.

Nice name for your cyclops by the by
  • KanekiKenKanekiKen 20th ward Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203964Members
    You need some food friend, Also that floating rock thing is cool looking.
  • QuantumFlareQuantumFlare Northern Ireland Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203988Members
    edited May 2015
    KanekiKen wrote: »
    You need some food friend, Also that floating rock thing is cool looking.
    Haha! I took so much time trying to get a good snap that I almost forgot to eat... luckily I had stocked up a locker full of disinfected water, cooked Spadefish and First Aid Kits. :P

That place my friend is the grand reef both that and the island are located in the same place, it has already been discovered but for the new people to subnautica who couldn't find it, there it is.

Nice name for your cyclops by the [way]
    Thanks Anthony! I thought it likely that people would have found these places before me anyway, but it really did surprise me to find an island in this game!! That sounds silly, but when you spend your time swimming and diving...
    The Grand Reef? It's really creepy... and the ambience doesn't help! But I love the game to bits! :D
  • QuantumFlareQuantumFlare Northern Ireland Join Date: 2015-04-30 Member: 203988Members
    edited May 2015
    Also, because my laptop is not very powerful, it will only run (quite smoothly) at 640p resolution. x)
    It is rubbish at the 1240p resolution, I only used the higher one to take the screenshots. :P