1-0 Or no?

SuburbanCamoSuburbanCamo New York Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203565Members
Hey Subnautica lovers! So like my first actual thread, the title probably makes no sense at first glance. What i mean is that the toolbar (while unique for survival games) feels a little small only going from 1-5. We already have to plan out our moves so carefully in this game already, so why should the toolbar be one of them? And before you ask, NO this would not expand our inventory space. Its simply a means of going from our seaglide, to our stasis rifle, to our builder, welder, food, etc. all at a bit more convenient rate. This is merely an opinion, and i doubt the devs will even notice, but what do you guys think? Agree or disagree? All comments welcome, provided you act non-toxic about your whims.

Comments

• SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    I personally am fine with just 5, but I think the option should be there for 10.

Why not have a toggle in the options menu? 1-5 or 1-0.
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    edited April 2015
    MAYBE 1-6
    Most of the items we carry in a trip is always the most basic:
    SeaGlide,Knife,Flashlight (maybe),food and Stasis Rifle (5 itens) no need to take item as builder, welder ...
    Also we have Cyclops, which has an internal storage, then when we need to go to more distant places, we take things in it and we "changing" our inventory according to our need.
  • LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    Awesome! We have the keys, and players can always NOT use the keys they don't want to use! In fact... I'M GOING TO BRING ATTENTION TO THIS!!!!!!!
    @Hugh @Obraxis

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too much caffeine...
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    agreed, be nice if we could use 1-9, but if we don't get that then maybe be able to switch to another hotkey page with a key press.
  • KILLTHISKILLTHIS Germany Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204051Members
    Maybe 1 - 0 for Freedom and Survival, 1 - 5 for hardcore. Would add a little extra.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    It would be nice to have those things, you don't have to use them all but having them would be helpful. Maybe later, we might get to use them all but for now, just having them there allows for future expansions without the GUI upgrade to cope with it.

I'd like to see medkits have teh ability to go on a hotkey as well though.
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    Honestly I end up just carrying the following at all times:

-Knife
    -Flashlight
    -Welder (the Cyclops and Seamoth get banged up easy, so why not?)
    -Builder (I actually have no real reason why I carry this beyond "oh lets make a base here!" )
    -Stasis Rifle

It would be nice to have some more inventory as I might be more inclined to try things like the Flares or Terraformer. But honestly I don't usually play with the other items because I have my "Core" kit I always run with and do not want to keep rearranging my keys.
    Bump again, just in case
  • SkizomeuhSkizomeuh France Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203939Members
    Well I live perfectly well with 5 slots for now, but I understand some may need more, especially if our toolbox is going to grow with new toys to play with.

But what I'd need most is cycling through the slots with my mousewheel :smile: