NS1 Mod...

setsukunsetsukun Join Date: 2011-03-24 Member: 88442Members
Am I the only one who yearns for a full conversion mod that is basically NS1 in NS2, or wishes more people played NS1?

While I'm okay with NS2, it just doesn't play the way I like it.... Maybe it's just nostalgia but I'd really like to have games without bots, which is all of NS1 currently. I really hope some group/person has the ability to set this into motion. If this has been brought up before or is in progress, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    there was an ns1 mod called ns classic or something. But nobody played it so development stopped
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    there was an ns1 mod called ns classic or something. But nobody played it so development stopped

Actually ns2classic is kinda fully developed, but there wasn't any update after January of this year as nobody really played it.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited April 2015
    if i was to make an ns1 mod now i would make it using ns2-combat. game has a lot of extra features that comes straight from ns1 like weldable doors, moving elevators, onos devour, etc..
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    if i was to make an ns1 mod now i would make it using ns2-combat. game has a lot of extra features that comes straight from ns1 like weldable doors, moving elevators, onos devour, etc..

When people played NS2c, it was a lot more enjoyable than NS2 at the time. But this game is rather dead these days. It's been 4 months since the last update, and 1 month since the last progress update.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Turbine wrote: »

When people played NS2c, it was a lot more enjoyable than NS2 at the time. But this game is rather dead these days. It's been 4 months since the last update, and 1 month since the last progress update.
    Dead is a relative term. There is still 20,000 people playing regularly. The updates have not stopped, just postponed until the new build machine is set up.

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    Dead is a relative term. There is still 20,000 people playing regularly. The updates have not stopped, just postponed until the new build machine is set up.
    Could you please provide a source for unique ns2 players? Perhaps vapour-ware is a preferable term, it feels remarkably close. With UWE completely abandoning it largely unfinished *just look at the game code, it's prototype quality*. Even the Aus community is all but non-existent, except on weekends.

Steam NS2 figures: http://steamcharts.com/app/4920
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2015
    Could you please provide a source for unique ns2 players? Perhaps vapour-ware is a preferable term, it feels remarkably close. With UWE completely abandoning it largely unfinished *just look at the game code, it's prototype quality*. Even the Aus community is all but non-existent, except on weekends.

https://steamdb.info/app/4920/graphs/

Down to 16k plus minus 3000 since I last looked. I could of been more specific, saying that in every two weeks but to me that is pretty regular. The source should suffice. I don't think it is dead, but a deflated player base is more accurate. Yes, Aus games I hear are pretty sparce. Same with asia. Even if that number was 2000 it would not change that "dead" is a relative term.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015

Down to 16k plus minus 3000 since I last looked. I could of been more specific, saying that in every two weeks but to me that is pretty regular. The source should suffice. I don't think it is dead, but a deflated player base is more accurate. Yes, Aus games I hear are pretty sparce. Same with asia. Even if that number was 2000 it would not change that "dead" is a relative term.

It's down to 13k now, be careful with making statements based on steamspy. That service is still pretty young (about 2 month old) and hasn't even crawled all steam profiles, beside the fact that the stats are only based on public profiles.

More details about Steamspy

It's down to 13k now, be careful with making statements based on steamspy. That service is still pretty young (about 2 month old) and hasn't even crawled all steam profiles, beside the fact that the stats are only based on public profiles.

More details about Steamspy

Good to know