Introduce Natural Selection 2 to Famous Youtube Review Gamers - Bring new players ^^

Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
edited April 2015 in New Player Forum
Hi , im new to this game and see Natural Selection 2 is a "under-rated" game , its should have much more gamers attention

So im think that if we can introduce and ask Famous Youtube Gamers to review this game like PewdePie , Angry Reviews ..vv

Alot of new players will come , and heres my review to ask them make Youtube videos about it :D

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/28083-fps-rts-natural-selection-2-half-life-mod-remake-new-engine-zerg-vs-terran-in-fps-style/#entry293606

P/s : what do you guys think ? And oh you can recommend this to another Famous Gamers Youtube that you like and Subcribe channel :P

Comments

• corundcorund Siberia Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203372Members
    I like your idea very much but it will work better if we have major game update. It will be the reason to return to old game and make new review of it.
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    im just think about those famous youtube channel about gaming ( we talking about over millions of subcribers + views)

maybe NS2 dev team dont have money like big company ? ( EA , Activision .vv) to marketing with big plans ?
    Perman12 wrote: »
    im just think about those famous youtube channel about gaming ( we talking about over millions of subcribers + views)

maybe NS2 dev team dont have money like big company ? ( EA , Activision .vv) to marketing with big plans ?

I'm sure that each positive mention of NS2 in internet brings new players. And a youtuber with 1 mln subscribers could bring thousands of new players. I myself bought this game because one guy wrote couple of positive words about NS2 a week ago.
    For sure NS2 developers can not spend money on advertising old game, they are doing another amazing game right now. And one possible solution is yours - advertise the game ourselves. But major update could simplify this task a lot - it will give the reason for people to return to this game. In this case youtubers could say something like this: "Do you remember awesome old game NS2? It is still alive and have active community and developed by group of volunteer developers with the help of UWE. By the way this week there was major update and features #1 and #2 with five new maps were added. Game feels fantastic, try it out!" :)

Ok so what you mean is ...

DEvelopers need to Fix their game ( NS2) before you can advertsing about it?

That just too slow in my oppinion :)
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    They'd still all stop playing soon after.

Maybe if we try disconnecting cysts and power nodes from building requirements and work them out as a separate build path decision instead?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Perman12 wrote: »
    Ok so what you mean is ...

DEvelopers need to Fix their game ( NS2) before you can advertsing about it?

That just too slow in my oppinion :)

It may be slow, but it would be pointless if we did not. The biggest problem with ns2 is retention. It had great sales but now only 20,000 world wide play it regularly. I would want to have a nice update that hopefully helps player retention before we had another green wave. Corund makes a good point. It would be easier to bring in old players with new content too.
    mattji104 wrote: »
    Maybe if we try disconnecting cysts and power nodes from building requirements and work them out as a separate build path decision instead?
    Little plugs like this aren't going to do anything. No one takes it seriously. If you want cyst and power node removal to be taken seriously explain it. Make a thread and explain it in detail.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I'm on a mission from God

@Nordic
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2015
    mattji104 wrote: »
    I'm on a mission from God

@Nordic

Well do as Jesus did and lead by example...

Make your idea into a mod, prove it works and does what you say it will, then maybe, just maybe, someone might consider it...

On the point of the OP...

Search through the history of Total Biscuit, PewDiePie and other top streamers/you-tubers and you will find NS2 coverage. Unfortunately, the game has the same problems with streamers as it does with regular people, it just doesn't hold them for long. NS2 has sold over 1.5 million copies, and yet only has just under 20k regular players.
    Aliens Colonial Marine >> Huge Marketing >> Failed product

Natural Selection 2 is better x2 times in my view >> But UWE seem have put $$$ to new project Subnautica so they care about these much
    I post a review in Evolve subreddit. I think these games have much common and i hope we will see few players coming from Evolve to NS2.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/EvolveGame/comments/32vxyx/if_you_love_evolve_probably_you_will_like_this/
    Upvote if you have reddit account.
    corund wrote: »
    I post a review in Evolve subreddit. I think these games have much common and i hope we will see few players coming from Evolve to NS2.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/EvolveGame/comments/32vxyx/if_you_love_evolve_probably_you_will_like_this/

doing it now !

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Dude, please stop lying to people. Promote the game, sure, I'm with you! But you're outright lying...
    SantaClaws wrote: »

Dude, please stop lying to people. Promote the game, sure, I'm with you! But you're outright lying...

Do you accuse of "lying" everybody with opinion different than yours?
    Badge people allways mad >> I dont have badge but im helping spread out the word about NS2 ok?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I like that idea, the youtuber I follow like to test and review games when being asked for it. They don't want any money for it but they will make a review based on their own opinion. So if they don't like the game it can backfire aswell... however I think a main problem is getting in contact with the youtubers to ask them
    Mephilles wrote: »
    I like that idea, the youtuber I follow like to test and review games when being asked for it. They don't want any money for it but they will make a review based on their own opinion. So if they don't like the game it can backfire aswell... however I think a main problem is getting in contact with the youtubers to ask them

I think UWE DEvelopers team can spend sometimes and go out ask - speak directly with those guys ( like Pewdiepie ? :P) about making videos about this game , they can play and give feedbacks , oppinions about NS2 ? ^^

• Umbrella1982Umbrella1982 Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-04 Member: 207727Members
    I really like Angry Joe review, I have to say that I not always agre on his reviews on the movies but game he has quite good criticisme.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I really like Angry Joe review, I have to say that I not always agre on his reviews on the movies but game he has quite good criticisme.

You will be pleasant to see that angry joe will probably soon revisit NS2.

so much .... worth my time for me to inbox those Famous Youtube Gamer

HYPE NS2 again > must play :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Been commeting on evry single video of (Worth a buy) hoping he will review ns2