Tools and vehicles of Subnautica

2»

Comments

• ArbhallArbhall The Earth Join Date: 2015-04-03 Member: 202874Members
    Autochton wrote: »
    @Arbhall Those suit ideas to me sounds more like effects of DNA transfusion, honestly. But they do sound like useful ways to apply that. I definitely like the whole "win some, lose some" aspect you have in there with the animal traits having advantages and disadvantages depending on where you are and what you're doing.

I don't know about chum. It's one of those things that doesn't really seem to fit super-well with the game's style, to me - leaving big slicks of blood in the water.

I dont think the chum slick should last very long or be very big. Maybe twice the duration and size of the cloud from the mace tails. And red of course.
    Have you seen the stuff the transfuser can do yet?

• AutochtonAutochton Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-20 Member: 202358Members
    Arbhall wrote: »

Only second-hand, from someone streaming on Twitch (Ridgedog, to be exact). He didn't go deep into it. What mainly got me thinking of it here is the whole animal traits transferred to the player side of it.
  • ArbhallArbhall The Earth Join Date: 2015-04-03 Member: 202874Members
    Autochton wrote: »
    Arbhall wrote: »

Only second-hand, from someone streaming on Twitch (Ridgedog, to be exact). He didn't go deep into it. What mainly got me thinking of it here is the whole animal traits transferred to the player side of it.
    Go Yogs! I miss their role playing sessions, I wish they would do them again.
    How long do you think the transfuser effects should last for?
  • ShagohadShagohad Earth Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203053Members
    Heya. Was glancing through after playing the game for a few dozen hours. I always like diversity in vehicles and what they can do and can not do. And ROVs are also pretty awesome. Could make do with a few more navigational screens on the Cyclops though.

A spear would be a good weapon. It hurts what ever you poke with it. And if you right click you chuck it. Have to go back and grab it if you want it back.

Boats are also a really good idea. Go from a little skiff to a somewhat yacht-like vehicle with a docking bay for the cyclops underneath.

Just my two cents.
  • 1stToast1stToast Join Date: 2007-12-02 Member: 63067Members
    I guess I'm not the brightest chip on the wafer. I have built two seamoths. Both ran out of power and I can't figure out how to recharge them.
  • TidyPixilTidyPixil Iowa Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203405Members
    Shagohad wrote: »
    Could make do with a few more navigational screens on the Cyclops though.

I was thinking the same thing while using the Cyclops. The trouble i have with it is actually seeing my surroundings. I'm not exactly sure if this is on purpose, so you have to use your Seamoth to go out and explore. I do have to agree that there should be maybe some cameras on the sides and rear of the Cyclops (since it is quite a large sub and can easily knock into things cracking the hull) or some sort of notification that you are getting close to something via an audio cue from the lovely lady.

• tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    sweet lord me want NOAW thx devs :D
    yes plz devs dont forget the salt and water refineries (which can be the same thing basically)

also i imagine ur gonna add some sort of lazer??? we need to use all those diamonds I have hehe :P

also check out Mass effect 3 ocean atlas design maybe it will give you some extra inspiration although I do like the basic mech design u already have ..just needs some refinement...
    1stToast wrote: »
    I guess I'm not the brightest chip on the wafer. I have built two seamoths. Both ran out of power and I can't figure out how to recharge them.

hehe lol :P

well the engine room has 6 tube like slots on the sides (3 on each side)

just carry power CELLS in ur back pack and click on them .... care if u have a 99% powered cell and u click it will vanish and be replaced with a 100% one
  • DalionHeartDalionHeart Alabama Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 202986Members
    I think some new vehicles would do you some good. More biomes for the deep. Many new animals, including land animals. I would also like to see the Cyclops' depth limit increased, to reach the the underwater bases at lower levels. I would also like a way to increase the player's inventory space. Better item stacking would also do the game some good.

My biggest suggestions is reserved for the underwater bases.
    - Floating platforms that can carry solar panels, or wind turbines.
    - Larger, more complex rooms.
    - Move the power generator inside, with it's own designated room. (With possible "wear and tear" effects that need to be taken care of.)
    - Oxygen scrubbers
    - Oxygen generators that are much harder to build than the scrubbers
    - Bulkheads in the corridors that can close automatically when there's a leak, to close off flooded areas. (Which can be repaired from the outside.)
    - Designated storage rooms, with storage spaces mounted onto the walls. It can also have your crafting devices added to designated locations on the walls, like the reinforcements.
    - A massive room that can be used to dock the cyclops/seamoth
    - A hydropower plant, that uses natural or unnatural water currents.
    - A biodome that can be used to grow plants and food.
    - An aquarium to collect pets/food
    - Lighting fixtures designed to be placed inside the base, as well as designs to be placed outside the base to light up the area.
    - Bedrooms, where the player can rest for the night
    - A kitchen so the food can be processed/cooked
    - Windows that can be mounted on the floors and ceilings.
    - Reinforcements that can be mounted on the floors and ceilings.
    - An elevator addon that can help expand bases up or down.
    - A permanent beacon that can be built onto or inside the base to help find your way back.
    - Stairs, so if you have the resources and the space, you don't need ladders.
    - Larger storage units to hold the larger devices.
    - Hydrothermal Generator, to generate power from underwater volcanoes.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    edited April 2015
    Hello and again did the same thing on different post so her goes...

Hello, I am to posting on a forum so bear with me. I would absolutely LOVE more submarines. I'm talking about different subs for different preferences, like a HUGE one for Base maneuvers and so big that you could dock the Cyclops in it. Sub can vary as to terms with exploration, speed, One could have a arm grappler and being able to DECK OUT every one of them with colors and fonts. THE ABILITY TO NAME BASES and DOCK SUBS WITH BASES, would be awesome. I trust the debs in doing things like this and also to big time come out WITH A MAC VERSION. MAC VERSION. MAC VERSION. MAC VERSION. (Minor Sidenote) The ability to close doors on subs and with docks and in bases.

In addition to that I would also like the ability to dock escape pod with a submarine and also Have a HUGE cargo bay that drops down so you could put whole corals in their with the grappler ^^^^^^

If you agree with what I said on any of my posts either agree or AWESOOME
    I think some new vehicles would do you some good. More biomes for the deep. Many new animals, including land animals. I would also like to see the Cyclops' depth limit increased, to reach the the underwater bases at lower levels. I would also like a way to increase the player's inventory space. Better item stacking would also do the game some good.

My biggest suggestions is reserved for the underwater bases.
    - Floating platforms that can carry solar panels, or wind turbines.
    - Larger, more complex rooms.
    - Move the power generator inside, with it's own designated room. (With possible "wear and tear" effects that need to be taken care of.)
    - Oxygen scrubbers
    - Oxygen generators that are much harder to build than the scrubbers
    - Bulkheads in the corridors that can close automatically when there's a leak, to close off flooded areas. (Which can be repaired from the outside.)
    - Designated storage rooms, with storage spaces mounted onto the walls. It can also have your crafting devices added to designated locations on the walls, like the reinforcements.
    - A massive room that can be used to dock the cyclops/seamoth
    - A hydropower plant, that uses natural or unnatural water currents.
    - A biodome that can be used to grow plants and food.
    - An aquarium to collect pets/food
    - Lighting fixtures designed to be placed inside the base, as well as designs to be placed outside the base to light up the area.
    - Bedrooms, where the player can rest for the night
    - A kitchen so the food can be processed/cooked
    - Windows that can be mounted on the floors and ceilings.
    - Reinforcements that can be mounted on the floors and ceilings.
    - An elevator addon that can help expand bases up or down.
    - A permanent beacon that can be built onto or inside the base to help find your way back.
    - Stairs, so if you have the resources and the space, you don't need ladders.
    - Larger storage units to hold the larger devices.
    - Hydrothermal Generator, to generate power from underwater volcanoes.

pretty much my wish for bases
  • Cynder_DragonbornCynder_Dragonborn United Staes Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203557Members
    edited April 2015
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    a GPS map where we can write notes

This is really a must for me. Beacons can only do so much before they become a confusing mess and I'm rapidly beginning to have difficulty planning where to dive next. Plus I want to label the caves that have filthy parasites in them.
  • PunkeroPunkero Finland Join Date: 2015-04-22 Member: 203733Members
    edited April 2015
    I love that the devs make non lethal weapons that are made for defense mainly. its way more interesting to not just kill everything, but defend yourself.

New vechiles would be awesome but first they need to add more life and biomes to the ocean. I really like the idea that there should be different versions of already existing water craft, instead of new ones. Examples/ideas

SubMoth: if they will add crush depht to SeaMoth, this new evoulution of it will explore deepest places in the ocean.

Cargolop: This big mobile storage is based on the cycolops.

• Naval_MechanicNaval_Mechanic Finland Join Date: 2015-04-23 Member: 203760Members
    edited April 2015
    I have a simple idea: a wristwatch. it would be nice to know what the clock is on the go.

Maybe adrenaline rush/ injector/ thingy. Could extract the ingredients for it from the seabed mushrooms. Could give a small speed boost for a short time (good for escaping from predators in an emergency).

Also a radar ping for the Cyclops. When driving the Cyclops you could see your distance to the bottom of the sea displayed on the screen in meters or inches, basically helping you to avoid hitting the sea floor with the "belly" of the submarine. Its kinda difficult to maneuver the submarine near the surface or in shallow areas.

A cart/ container that could be attached to the rear of the Cyclops so it could be dragged along while moving. You could move rocks with it, your inventory in it, and use it for multiple purposes.