Graphic card problem

Niels_h1Niels_h1 Danmark Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202968Members
Hello 'Unknownworlds'

I would suggest to make the game running on lower graphics cards. Because many (or most people) don't have intel hd 4600. so could you please in the future update lower the graphic card requirement? and make it very low, so we all can play it, without lag and/or have to spend more money than 19,99$ on a new graphics card?
Or is it because of all the physics and objects and entities, that makes that graphics card needed? (or higher/Better)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2015
    The HD4600 is already by todays standards a VERY low end and VERY old card though, and you can't simply change an engine to lower specs. My guess is that card is indeed the lowest requirement the engine needs to even run properly...

Also even back in the day the HD4000 series were the top of the line, the 4600 was a budget card and at that not a true 3D card either...
  • Niels_h1Niels_h1 Danmark Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202968Members
    Can't they change it to another Card, that every Card support, instead of that old Card?

I bought it, because i want to make a lets play of it. But i can't. as long as they are using HD 4600.

Why did they make the game support these old Graphics Card?
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Right now the game requires DX11 support.
    edited April 2015
    Right now the game requires DX11 support.

DX11. Is that DirectX 11?

Does that mean that every graphics cards that support DirectX 11 now can play this game without problems? (like lag or crashes)
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    The fact is one of the strongest selling points for this game is how beautiful it looks. So with that in mind you must understand the need for a strong card.

I had to spend about 160 dollars for my cpu and about 300 for my gc but in the end 500 dollars to play all modern games and record at the same time is a great trade off.
    also the game looks amazing in experimental graphics, it's like barfing rainbows
    I'll check it out when I get home.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    Older windows systems, Vista and older are no longer supported by microsoft, these older systems used directx 10 and below. Most new games are only compatible with Win7+ and DirectX11 it's either upgrade.. or loose out. The game simply couldn't look this good using Win95 ;)
    I have a windows 7. So it should work.
    edited April 2015
    Uhh. Suddently, my game freezes, and i cant move. it didn't crash. i know that, because i checked 'Windows Task Manager' and it says that, the program is running.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    edited April 2015
    Having Win7, isn't everything, you need a Dx 11 fully supporting video card and therefore a motherboard and cpu that fully support the video card and so on.

If I might ask, when did you get your computer? Is it a pc or a laptop/notebook?
    Have you since purchase ever reinstalled windows or cleaned the unit? ie fans, heatsinks? Esp important on laptop is cleaning the fans and keeping the heatsinks clear to allow airflow.

If you are simply sitting still in the game, without moving, does it freeze? Or does it only do this when you move around?
    Sitting still might implicate a video problem, moving might implicate a cpu issue. A cpu issue could also be a memory or likely a software issue.

If your problem was my problem.
    First of all, Verify the Integrity of the game file. Steam Libary, Right click Game Name Icon, select properties, local files, verify integrity.
    All it takes is one file to be faulty/corrupt.. Then check the game.
    Then I'd reinstall video and sound drivers, this is done by uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning (cleaning drivers is removing everything, you can find driver cleaners via google) the drivers then reinstalling them, manually update dx11. Check Game.
    Check Bios update version, update motherboard drivers. Check Game.
    Backup everything. Reinstall Windows, after using fdisk to delete partitions.
    Patch and update windows, install drivers etc. Check Game.

If the issue continued after that. Hardware issue. Replace video card. If still occurring. Scream alot and replace everything else.

What we do know, is that since the majority of Windows 7 users are not having problems is that the problem you're having is local to your setup.

I use Windows 8.1 64bit. I haven't had any issues outside of Not enough heaps, which given it occurs after 4-5 hours of play sounds like a memory leak issue and it crashed a couple of times after I lost sound.

On experimental version I get a slight video lag, which is probably due to the game being updated so regularly. Otherwise I get absolutely no issues at all.
  • Jacob-EllingerJacob-Ellinger Grand Rapids Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202641Members
    Phalaguim wrote: »
    Having Win7, isn't everything, you need a Dx 11 fully supporting video card and therefore a motherboard and cpu that fully support the video card and so on.

If I might ask, when did you get your computer? Is it a pc or a laptop/notebook?
    Have you since purchase ever reinstalled windows or cleaned the unit? ie fans, heatsinks? Esp important on laptop is cleaning the fans and keeping the heatsinks clear to allow airflow.

If you are simply sitting still in the game, without moving, does it freeze? Or does it only do this when you move around?
    Sitting still might implicate a video problem, moving might implicate a cpu issue. A cpu issue could also be a memory or likely a software issue.

If your problem was my problem.
    First of all, Verify the Integrity of the game file. Steam Libary, Right click Game Name Icon, select properties, local files, verify integrity.
    All it takes is one file to be faulty/corrupt.. Then check the game.
    Then I'd reinstall video and sound drivers, this is done by uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning (cleaning drivers is removing everything, you can find driver cleaners via google) the drivers then reinstalling them, manually update dx11. Check Game.
    Check Bios update version, update motherboard drivers. Check Game.
    Backup everything. Reinstall Windows, after using fdisk to delete partitions.
    Patch and update windows, install drivers etc. Check Game.

If the issue continued after that. Hardware issue. Replace video card. If still occurring. Scream alot and replace everything else.

What we do know, is that since the majority of Windows 7 users are not having problems is that the problem you're having is local to your setup.

I use Windows 8.1 64bit. I haven't had any issues outside of Not enough heaps, which given it occurs after 4-5 hours of play sounds like a memory leak issue and it crashed a couple of times after I lost sound.

On experimental version I get a slight video lag, which is probably due to the game being updated so regularly. Otherwise I get absolutely no issues at all.
    I can tell you with 90% certainty that it is a gc problem.
    Uh. Okay. I'll do the simple things first. Check the game cache.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I think this thread may have been posted in the wrong part of the forums. I suspect these posts are about Subnautica, while this part of the forum is about a different game we're developing called Future Perfect.
This discussion has been closed.