Chat live with the devs and other fans

ComproxComprox *chortle*Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
https://www.hipchat.com/glDYN0shx - Just enter a name and join the chat

As guests of the system, you will not get many preference options (like mute). I ended up running the chat in a different browser and muting said browser using the volume control.

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It sure is quiet in there...
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    edited March 2015
    1am on the East coast on a Friday morning, about standard I think. ;)

Perhaps announce a few days ahead of time a rough time block the devs will be in the chat room so people can fit a time to drop by into their schedules?

(Another way to generate traffic discussion/participation the 7 Days to Die dev team did was to randomly hand out steam copies of their game to a few lucky people during the chat hang out)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Devs are always in the chat. Got a question? Pop in any time.
  • HawkjonHawkjon US Join Date: 2015-03-20 Member: 202368Members
    I'm really interested in purchasing Subnautica on Steam. Is there currently support for ultra wide screen resolutions? 5040x1050 for instance?
  • jonsnowsmatejonsnowsmate Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202398Members
    started playing today, love the game, however after i complied the cyclops i moved my storage chests on board, moved a few feet went back and the chests have gone so too all the loot in them. opening up the inventory screen on board the sub and i find i have no submarine tab...has this been moved or am i bugged? also all the loot i dumped on the floor of the sub to make space has also disappeared help please
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    started playing today, love the game, however after i complied the cyclops i moved my storage chests on board, moved a few feet went back and the chests have gone so too all the loot in them, also all the loot i dumped on the floor of the sub to make space has also disappeared help please

Small loot boxes and anything you drop onto the floor of the sub are not attached to it so will usually clip through the sub and "disappear" if you move it without picking up those items first. On the upside your stuff is likely outside the sub floating around or resting on the sea floor/surface so can probably be found with a bit of hunting.
    Opening up the inventory screen on board the sub and i find i have no submarine tab...has this been moved or am i bugged?

There is no "sub inventory" that I know of, for sub storage, use the build tool to craft "storage lockers" (x1 glass x3 titanium) and build those on board whereever you want. They will be considered part of the sub and thus will not move around and vanish.
  • jonsnowsmatejonsnowsmate Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202398Members
    no the problem is when i open the inventory screen there is no option to build anything on the sub. on others youtube clips they open their inventory and have three tabs, inventory submarine and blueprints, i only have inventory and blueprints. when i open blueprints i can build the fabricator for my cyclops and i have all the correct materials
  • The_Big_Bad_W8lfThe_Big_Bad_W8lf England Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202178Members
    no the problem is when i open the inventory screen there is no option to build anything on the sub. on others youtube clips they open their inventory and have three tabs, inventory submarine and blueprints, i only have inventory and blueprints. when i open blueprints i can build the fabricator for my cyclops and i have all the correct materials
    Have you tried crafting a builder? :)

• Mshelp19Mshelp19 Cananda Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202441Members
    Are floating islands implemented in non-experimental?
  • ElateElate England Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202400Members
    Mshelp19 wrote: »

Yeah. Go due South West and ye shall find your floating treasures.
  • Mshelp19Mshelp19 Cananda Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202441Members
    Elate wrote: »
    Mshelp19 wrote: »

Yeah. Go due South West and ye shall find your floating treasures.

thank you muchly
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester

That's because they changed the way items are built very recently, and those youtube videos are now out of date (this is the main problem with youtube vids of early access games which are changing constantly).

You need to craft a "Builder" item as was stated by The_Big_Bad_W8lf. Once you have this you can hold it in your hand and click to bring up the builder menu, to build bases, or lockers in your Cyclops, etc.
    thanks guys sorted that out, feel a bit stupid now :-)... next problem anybody else having issues with their seamoth? i deploy it cruise for a bit, reduce in the cyclops and it permanently reads 86% charging, when i deploy it disappears completely never to be seen again, I'm now on my 4th moth and running out of resources to keep crafting them
  • TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    Just another bug hat nee dto be squashed by a giant stove :D
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    hi DEVs i was banned from the Steam Subnautica Forum for "spamming"! BUT what i actually did was posting this
    there is a SUGGESTION discussion going on in the forums, you might want to go there to post ur ideas!? http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2236026/
    or give ur feedback here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/626329187106734181/
    in every thread concerning the same "Suggestions & Ideas" - topic to prevent the Forum to explode in hundreds and hundreds of threads with the same content! This is not cool! I just wanted to help!
    hi DEVs i was banned from the Steam Subnautica Forum for "spamming"! BUT what i actually did was posting this
    there is a SUGGESTION discussion going on in the forums, you might want to go there to post ur ideas!? http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2236026/
    or give ur feedback here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/626329187106734181/
    in every thread concerning the same "Suggestions & Ideas" - topic to prevent the Forum to explode in hundreds and hundreds of threads with the same content! This is not cool! I just wanted to help!

Actually, no one on the Subnautica team banned you. It looks like Steam has some site wide moderators (for all games) and one of them banned you. While we do appreciate you trying to point people in the right direction to give feedback, your copy and paste method obviously tripped their systems and to a moderator who has no idea about Unknown Worlds, they likely just saw the same link to an external website posted repeatedly and assumed it was a spam bot.

Also, he gave you a temp ban till April 2, but I have manually removed the ban at this point. Just be careful with your posting in the future. Might want to mix it up a bit or not post in so many topics in such a short period :) Sadly we can't control the Steam moderators as it is their website.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    @Comprox thx alot, bann has been removed. what actually brought me to the copy-paste posting methode was the sheer number of threads concerning the same content. to answer them all manually would just be an insane task... but ur surly right. next time i take a more careful approach! thx alot again