You know you've played too much NS2 when...

13»

Comments

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    You know you've played too much NS2 when.... you make and contribute to a thread about knowing when you've played too much NS2.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Seb wrote: »
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Differing opinions TM

The dinosaurs still exist and the sun revolves around the earth.

Differing opinions you know.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/coelacanth/

http://listverse.com/2010/05/14/top-10-prehistoric-fish-alive-today/

Dinosaurs do still exist.... So that sarcasm didn't quite work...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I dont think prehistoric fish count as dinosaurs @Soul_Rider :P
    Crocodiles/alligators/birds on the other hand...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Differing opinions TM

What are you trying to say here :-? I prefer my earths as my pancakes and we've all seen Jurassic Park... Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uh... staggers me.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does NOBODY remember the scary purple dinosaur from the late 80's?
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Differing opinions TM

Differing opinions you know.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/coelacanth/

http://listverse.com/2010/05/14/top-10-prehistoric-fish-alive-today/

Dinosaurs do still exist.... So that sarcasm didn't quite work...

lol thats a little bit of a stretch
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Wait a minute here... Kharaa evolved from brown tinted into purple...

What does it all mean...
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited February 2015
    Kouji_San wrote: »

What does it all mean...

I see 3 ellipses here...

NS3 confirmed.
  • EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    edited February 2015
    when you look at the grass outside and then attempt to kill the cysts....
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    when you get lost walking arround the office and think : "oh my ! it's that fucking Eclipse bullshit again"
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    True, but I meant using the map while running around the world using sound to know when to stop looking at the map :P

Oftentimes it doesn't work. I'm probably mid double digits on getting chewed on with map up. Much safer to map in the spawn queue
    edited February 2015
    amoral wrote: »
    True, but I meant using the map while running around the world using sound to know when to stop looking at the map :P

Oftentimes it doesn't work. I'm probably mid double digits on getting chewed on with map up. Much safer to map in the spawn queue

fair enuf, but I do have my map key bound to mah middle mouse button... pretty easy to pop it up while running around and release to do the shooty-bitey thing
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    edited February 2015

coolitic wrote: »

What does it all mean...

I see 3 ellipses here...

NS3 confirmed.

Ns3.

How many teams does Ns >2< have? That's right. 2.

But what's the third team of Ns3? Rememer where we started, "the scary purple dinosaur from the late 80's?"
    That's right folks.

The third team of Ns3 are the...

Rainbow-scented dolphin warriors.

It's time we accept the truth.

Found some leaked images for you guys.
    dolphinrain.jpg?width=403&height=403

• skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    You know you've played too much when... you can successfully derail a thread without knowing it.
    you can incite a small countries worth of fan-base against you
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love how each of our NS / NS2 related topics eventually "degenerate" into an debate about the merits of logic and science. Looking at other game forums where people typically get defensive or name call, this is about as civil a forum as I have ever seen.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    I love how each of our NS / NS2 related topics eventually "degenerate" into an debate about the merits of logic and science. Looking at other game forums where people typically get defensive or name call, this is about as civil a forum as I have ever seen.
    I did purposely try to incite godwins law in thos plural of onos thread, but yes I agree.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Cannon_FodderAUS - Scottish.. heehee, I'm from the heart of Derbyshire. Ay'up'me'duck :))
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    @MuckyMcFly Sorry about the misunderstanding. My aural distinction of various accents is terrible. None the less, the first time I heard you on mic was very pleasant. The voice of an angel (one that is yelling for us to split and get out of base...). I will gladly suffer the 400 ping just to play with you guys and gals at the other side of the world again.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited February 2015
    @MuckyMcFly Sorry about the misunderstanding. My aural distinction of various accents is terrible. None the less, the first time I heard you on mic was very pleasant. The voice of an angel (one that is yelling for us to split and get out of base...). I will gladly suffer the 400 ping just to play with you guys and gals at the other side of the world again.

NS2 community on the whole is very tolerant of high-pings. Unlike the bad old days of cs1.x with anyone with ping over 200 being insta-kicked. Personally I've had no issues even on Aus and Japan servers and getting insane killzzz thanks to the lag :D:D:D No one tried to kick me or anything, but I often feel bad and end up going commander instead. Accurate medpack spam with 350ms ping is hard...

Just be ready for the "do you like vegimite?" questions. They will not end. :D
    Lol, Shrimp on the barby gets tossed around alot. Its all friendly banter. And yes you are right about the ping not being an issue.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    The game is more tactical that shoot bite and teamwork is king. This is why I tend to play on YoClan because you get to know people and their play styles. Perhaps running more community even evening so people can plan to join us ?

An on topic... you've played too much NS2 when your on the forums at 8am :P
  • CLUCLU Germany Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201407Members
    ...when you want to parasite your boss, to know when he comes close while you are "working"
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    CLU wrote: »
    ...when you want to parasite your boss, to know when he comes close while you are "working"

or with anyone for that matter
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2015
    "Can we get exos?"

"Press J and you can see they're 40% done, noob!"

Dedicated to I AM EXO ROBOT:

h_ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ysb-Oko3Bg

(due to weird characters? the link breaks so copy/paste and erase _ manually. Also not sure/don't care if repost.)
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    When you connect to a server, look at the pve and then console quit within 60 seconds.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    When you're reading and replying on the forums, you really should be typing out memos in regards to voice recognition print commands for staff at work in preparation for the april fools day.