You know you've played too much NS2 when...

YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
edited January 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
You're setting an IP4 address and automatically think IP stands for infantry portal.
You're watching a wildlife program and every time a rhino comes on you think "oooo onos".
You think public transport should be replaced with gorge tunnels!

Keep going, keep going! :D

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You can't be bothered to explain something to someone in detail, so you just say 'Nanites'.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    You can't be bothered to explain something to someone in detail, so you just say 'Nanites'.

Hahaha, I can just imagine that internet meme, you know the history guy with messed up hair, looks like chandler off Friends!
  • HoeloeHoeloe Switzerland Join Date: 2014-03-02 Member: 194487Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just did some brainstorming, tell me when funny x)
    When you look into your wallet and think: "I need more resourcetowers."
    When you avoid to get near ventilation grills cause ure expecting an ambush.
    When your alarm clock runs and you think: "WTF, why beacon?!"
    While driving you are checking for red dots on your GPS-screen.
    When there is a power failure and you start to search the power node.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hoeloe wrote: »
    Just did some brainstorming, tell me when funny x)
    When you look into your wallet and think: "I need more pres."
    When you avoid to get near ventilation grills cause ure expecting an ambush.
    When your alarm clock runs and you think: "WTF, why beacon?!"
    While driving you are checking for red dots on your GPS-screen.
    When there is a power failure and you start to search the power node.

:)

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I always carry my F4 key with me for... reasons!
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    ... When you actually check the use forums
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited January 2015
    When you constantly find yourself saying and typing "Res" in place of any video game (especially rts) resource name.

Been playing grey goo. The resource is called "Catalyst" but I keep finding myself thinking and even typing "res" and having to correct it.
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

Hahaha, I can just imagine that internet meme, you know the history guy with messed up hair, looks like chandler off Friends!

"Aliens guy" in google search should turn up the result you are thinking of. Oh, and the hair makes me think of Londo Mollari (bab5). Of course the "Nanomachines" version of that meme has already been done as a reference to metal gear.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    When you start mumbling "focus fire the Onos!" in your sleep.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    1) My phone alarm/ring tone is the NS2 beacon. It puts me in 100% PUMPED MODE! whenever it goes off. I'm always answering my phone with higher than normal voice volume. Sadly it does sometimes startle me if I'm calmly sleeping and ruins my morning.

2) Something bad is happening? Your day is turning sour? Blame the commander. F*ckin' comm...

3) When I go skeet shooting I really can't help what comes out of my mouth. "my shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression" "oh man! I think I just lost my appetite"

Many Killing Floor quips also sneak in occasionally. "boomstick time!" "yer all fur coat and no knickers, bitch!" (These really need to be in NS2 via modding)

4) Your eyes constantly dart to ventilation ducts. Especially if someone is trying to distract you with banal conversation.

5) You juggle fallen weapons in the wrong game (counterstrike)

6) Your balls tingle every time you go through a doorway

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    At work... I AM THE STACK
    Best Video for NS1 Ever Made Period. Had all the great feeling of the game itself, nice!

Its mad as I've still haven't seen Boondock Saints, fo real yo
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Best Video for NS1 Ever Made Period. Had all the great feeling of the game itself, nice!

Its mad as I've still haven't seen Boondock Saints, fo real yo
    tumblr_lhpt3j7Yay1qd8l9s.gif
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited January 2015
    When you go to sleep and your cat wants to get into your room and you think : "better armory block him"
    When you can't stand regular solo FPS with their huge weapons covering the screen and non adjustable fovs.
    When you watch the Alien movie and think : "Ccheck your corners and mine the vents ffs!"
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Loki wrote: »
    Such a timeless song. 10 years + of NS and it still holds true.
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    ...You die in any other game and immediately shout "WTF NO MEDS??!?!?"
    ...You see a buzzard circling and think: "lerks are up."
    ...As you see your dog running towards you to play, you start side strafing.
    ...When you see an abundance of the color green, you sigh inwardly and shake your head.
    You hold the mouse button 1 down in attempt to kill another player then realise you're just spraying your gun all over the place and there's recoil. (lol!)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited January 2015
    When you're playing dota and you tell your teammates to beacon to the tower.
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    You see your cat's eyes glowing across the hall from a dark crevice. You immediately inform him that the reaper skin he is using is giving away his position.
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I check my corners when I enter a room....
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Golden wrote: »
    I check my corners when I enter a room....

When you dream in golden mode
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    This thread is gold.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    aeroripper wrote: »
    This thread is gold.

This thread is Bile.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    When I run out of money, I'm waiting for commander to drop me goodies...