Feedback from today's Public Playtest thread!

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Please place feedback and bugs from today's Public Playtest here!

Comments

• GregariousJBGregariousJB United States Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201676Members
    edited March 2015
    Bug: "X" button in TAB Blueprints window isn't completely selectable in 1280x720 resolution (windowed)
    http://i.imgur.com/n9hm1tH.gif
  • Terik92Terik92 Spain Join Date: 2015-02-05 Member: 201219Members
    edited March 2015
    Take a screenshot with Steam (F12 as default key) it made my game crash
  • GregariousJBGregariousJB United States Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201676Members
    Bug: The salt deposit's smaller cube section is not selectable, causing players to pickup sand instead:

http://i.imgur.com/N5zHXBl.gif
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    edited March 2015
    dive reel bug

24llb0h.jpg

placing the dive reel anchor into this specific entity disappears the anchor and you cannot get it back
  • fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I pretty love this group of stalkers investigating the sand without giving up. Not sure how to repro though :)

bPZ82qvm.jpg
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    Issue:
    - The small cube says "3x3 storage" in the tooltip (when crafting and when mouse hovering) but it takes up 4x4 space in your inventory when picked up.

Build:

Reproduce steps:
    - hover the mouse over the storage cube in the crafting menu (fabricator), or in the inventory

TS0t4vw.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Mob visibility can be an extremely short distance
    Video:
  • fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    If you drop an Acid Mushroom from your inventory to water, it floats without sinking and you can't even push it anywhere. You can pick it up though and it still plays the attached animation (sometimes it even do the "hide" animation):

Z6kxj2Em.jpg
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2015
    Feedback about survival mode:

- Whilst playing in survival mode I am finding that I spend a little too much of my time hunting for and crafting food and water. This has been alleviated slightly with the latest patch by way of having the airsacks, but it is still an issue for me personally. The balance seems a little bit off.
    - It would be great if the food /water meters didn't drop quite so quickly, giving me a little more time to explore and do other things after satiating my needs
    - It would also be great if there was some way to supplement food and/or water later with other renewable methods, just to make the process a little speedier for the player to gather these things. This is especially important later on once the player has a lot of other things going on, lots of bases and subs to worry about fuelling and exploring with etc.
    - Please can you add MOUSEWHEEL support to the quickbar! Also make it swappable, because some people prefer up/down to be reversed for traversing horizontal selectors :)
    Cyclops distance rendering bug

2whnt3s.jpg

if you swim away from your sub the windscreen name and a few highlights are visible clearly
    edited March 2015
    Issue:
    - The name length on the Cyclops can be too long

Build:

Reproduction steps:
    - Enter a cyclops name using no spaces until you can't type any more
    - Look out from the helm and notice the name sticks out the front of the ship
    - Go outside and inspect the side, notice the same

t22aGhB.jpg

L7rWBbS.jpg
    hit boxes need increasing on hatches

25ukt9l.jpg

for oxygen emergency's
    you can see through the front of the Cyclops into the ocean

vpapew.jpg

Bug: The Crash fish ignores the stasis rifle "freeze bubble" ONLY if it comes out of its home after the bubble has spawned. I tested this after the crash had come out of its home and it froze normally:

dive reel anchor should not need dive reel equipped to be collected
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited March 2015
    Dropping tanks will have you keep the o2.

aUJYqVW.jpg
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Save while a sub is being build.
    Load the save.

LygQA20.jpg
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    A few things I saw:

1. The salt pickup detection is limited the big block you cant pick them up by looking at the other blocks.
    2. Pushing the pod is tough now. it weighs many many
    3. Errors on loading "Error loading SNUnmanagedData\Build18"
    4. General save oddness, saves during seamoth construction bugging the seamoth etc
    All the windows on the cyclops = model see-trought.

SF7UxzW.jpg
    Also note that the inside of the cyclops has a white wall, and dosnt have a window.

X1rEmv4.jpg
    Energi on the seaglide depletes whitin minutes.
    And when energi is depleated, the animations stops, but the speedbost is still gained.

yhIDxN8.jpg
    Thermometer location in freedom mode is the same as in survival mode.

74Kxdf0.jpg

edited March 2015
    Idea: Recycle buildables. Have a way to recycle built corridors and other constructions.

Implementation:
    1. Recycler - The opposite of the Builder. Target an object by looking at it, which places a red outline around it. Right-click to remove it. Give back a small % of resources used to build the item that was removed.
    2. An option in the right-click menu of the Builder - "Recycle" - with similar functionality as above.

Important note: This kind of ability has some potentially dire multiplayer consequences, and could promote griefing. This should be considered during the design of this feature.

EDIT: Technically, even building could be considered griefing. A far-in-the-future idea might be multiplayer server options that contain checkboxes including "Allow Recycler" and "Allow "Builder". Food for thought.
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Power generators clip through base corridors:

mNKBpEZ.png

1. Place power generator first.
    2. Place corridor.
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    GISP wrote: »
    Save while a sub is being build.
    Load the save.
    also happening to me, WITHOUT building a sub.
    1 - start a new game (Freedom or Survival)
    2 - play some minutes, collect some quartz and copper, craft a tank
    3 - save
    4 - load
    I had an issue where I crafted a storage cube and dropped it on top of the lifepod's hatch. I filled it with items, then left via the hatch. When I came back in via the hatch later, the crate disappeared.

I have tried to reproduce this but can't, maybe someone else has some luck? :)
    I had a crash (whole PC went black and did a hard reboot) whilst minimised into a browser with the game in windowed mode in the background. I don't know if this output file will show anything but here it is just in case:
    - dropbox link
  • ___M______M___ Planet Earth (Europe (Germany)) Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201670Members
    While putting things in the storage with the knife in my hands....
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited March 2015
    output log for a crash while cheating in a cyclops (for science!)

Bug
    Base Power Generator does not save. It is gone when a save is reloaded.
    Player does not respawn in functional Cyclops

Bug-ish:
    Player needs the same dive-reel equipped as was used to place an anchor to pick the anchor up. Dropping all dive reels can quickly sort out which one this is, but it's still a little silly.
    Player can be turned around 180 degrees when activating Cyclops controls
    Player is typically deployed facing backwards and behind a SeaMoth when exiting it instead of in front or facing it.

Also, feedback:
    Collection size for salt is really tiny and could use a more forgiving grab area.
    Dive reel is an awesome must-have
    4x4 Crate size is cumbersome to utilize
    Floaters behave strangely when used in/on a Cyclops
    Stasis Rifle fragment tooltip references the SeaMoth
    SeaGlide power consumption rate feels a little too fast.
    Seabase + cyclops titanium demand could be used to encourage future Mining mechanics. Manually assembly is tedious, but doable within a couple hours.

Ideas discussed:
    Beacony Crate
    Sticky Air bladder
    Thicker/brighter dive reel line
    "Craft all" option
    Powered Dive Reel
    SeaGlide light toggle
    Food demands are pretty high. Probable encouragement to move to seabase operations. Water Desalinization and salt crystallization would go a long way to alleviate time spend on food production.

Not-so-discussed:
    Anchor dive reel to SeaMoth/Cyclops?
    Recycle items?
    SeaBase power generator attachable like the Entrance Hatch rather than be a standalone
    Improved food recipes for higher 'yield' foodstuffs. Fish salad, fish tacos, fish'n'shrooms, fried fish.. some variety is better than none. This can help reduce food stockpile sizes, and reduce the questionable practice of cooking your food with the same tools used to make rubber gaskets and batteries.

Brainstorming:
    Build 'Down', but avoiding making old items obsolete (Old things used as parts of new things)
    Challenge of Oceanographic Survival vs Alien: Isolation game atmosphere. Avoid nightmare fuel and making people too scared to explore/progress.
    How the team could become any more awesome without superpowers.

(okay, maybe not that last one, but thanks for having us!)
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    Important note: This kind of ability has some potentially dire multiplayer consequences, and could promote griefing. This should be considered during the design of this feature.

EDIT: Technically, even building could be considered griefing. A far-in-the-future idea might be multiplayer server options that contain checkboxes including "Allow Recycler" and "Allow "Builder". Food for thought.

Co-op rather than open-lobby seems more than appropriate here. Open lobby is just a synonym for 'cesspool of trolls' good enough for shooters, not good for sandboxes.
  • ___M______M___ Planet Earth (Europe (Germany)) Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201670Members
    Quick game testing feedback:
    1 Gamecrash after 1 hour while just diving with the seamoth in "open water" maybe 40 meters deep. (outputlog.txt saved then...send it to where ?)
    1 unexpected sudden death (i will rewatch this on the game record later)

Thoughts about the gameplay:
    All that little fishes must be made out of real heavy material because it is so incredible loud when they touch the seamoth. (in fact way tooo loud)
    I had started a new survival game and the gameplay felt good balanced and "smooth" to me. It was work to get things done, but the fun kind of work.
    Because of the gamecrash i lost 1 hours work and that hurt. Maybe there should be a autosave.

General thoughts:
    Because the "horror", "thrilling" ......stuff was a theme in the teamspeak and i am realy afraid that this game will lose its "nice" charakter:
    There are tons of such games out there in the market. The "nice" ones are hard to find. There are millions of parents that fight against their kids playing games they should not play. This game has the potential to be one of the kind parents would appreciate. And also adults (like me) that like some relaxed gameplay. Maybe you could have that in mind when you have to decide in which direction your game should evolve. ( i hope you will).