You know you've played too much NS2 when...

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    You know you've played too much NS2 when you literally cannot play any other game without thinking "eh... But it's not NS2..."

:((

Every time I play boss fights in other games: "eh... But it's not Metroid..."
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You know you've played too much NS2 when you literally cannot play any other game without thinking "eh... But it's not NS2..."

:((

Never a truer word said. Hear hear!!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    You whip off your shirt and belly slide down the office.

@MuckyMcFly can you do that and scream at the top of your Scottish? accent, "Battle Gorge, hear my roar!"
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    You whip off your shirt and belly slide down the office.

@MuckyMcFly can you do that and scream at the top of your Scottish? accent, "Battle Gorge, hear my roar!"
    A GIF of Marty doing this in gorge body paint would more or less make my life
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Luchs wrote: »
    ...you regularily press the C key while watching NS2 videos/replays because you want to bring up that friggin' map now.

The struggle is real.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I often press C in nosgoth because I want to see the overhead map. Then I feel sad.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When your wife regularly complains about "resource towers under attack"
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    When your partner can't sleep because you are yelling "shoot the hive" most nights. At least that is what she says about me.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    ...you regularily press the C key while watching NS2 videos/replays because you want to bring up that friggin' map now.

mine is bound to G but i understand the instinct... or tabbing to check teams.
    Nordic wrote: »
    When your partner can't sleep because you are yelling "shoot the hive" most nights. At least that is what she says about me.

she can't sleep because you should be saying "hit their res"
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ... When the last time you got way too drunk on special brew, your sentences began on one subject and halfway through seemlessly derailed into an explanation of NS2 battle tactics (true story)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    while walking in public you "strafe" around people
    amoral wrote: »

she can't sleep because you should be saying "hit their res"
    I yell that too. Also such comments as "focus the fade" or "pinch the lerk" or stuff. Maybe it is a heat of the moment thing when we finally rush the hive I get upset that everyone is shooting at everything buuuttt the hive.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

I keep pressing C in other games to get to the map. Dead space... far cry 4... Takes forever to work it out of your system.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I keep pressing C in other games to get to the map. Dead space... far cry 4... Takes forever to work it out of your system.

Yeah it really does.

When your refer to all central map locations in any game as "cross"
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    edited February 2015
    Please Don't Name and shame, thank you. - @AurOn2
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    edited February 2015
    Please Don't Quote Name And Shamers, Makes my job harder... Thanks. - @AurOn2
    ... You realize that that's 212 days ago right? And is it even for this game? If you ran into him recently... This doesn't apply.

Wow, someone was accusing flint of wallhacks a week ago or so... But the hackusaction came from someone with like ... 40 hours of playtime... He was laughed out of the room basically.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    ... You realize that that's 212 days ago right? And is it even for this game? If you ran into him recently... This doesn't apply.

Wow, someone was accusing flint of wallhacks a week ago or so... But the hackusaction came from someone with like ... 40 hours of playtime... He was laughed out of the room basically.

Well it's bad if you get vac banned for any game, any number of times.

Though I do acknowledge people can change.
    edited January 2015
    coolitic wrote: »

Well it's bad if you get vac banned for any game, any number of times.

Though I do acknowledge people can change.

not gonna disagree, but will say one of my highschool friends dabbled with wallhacks i think in q3? to each his own i guess. he didn't need them to play well, just did it for kicks i guess.

Also, command map is pretty wallhacky as it is :)

also, apparently, vac bans are permanent.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Keep to the thread ladies, feel free to start a new thread if you want to discuss hacks lol
  • tudytudy Germany Join Date: 2014-06-10 Member: 196468Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2015
    I often press C in nosgoth because I want to see the overhead map. Then I feel sad.

Uffh... tell me that. When I play Minecraft I constantly open the who-is-connected overview, although:
    1) There is noone connected to it, except my gf. Ever.
    2) There is no need to open the friggin' map in Minecraft.
    3) There is no map in Minecraft!
    4) I always do this, when I have "time" to do it - you know like in NS2. Do you have an idea how often you have time in Minecraft!!? Virtually always!

Seriously, this bugs me for almost an hour, before I can get rid of it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    yeah NS is probably the only FPS game which has a real need for map awareness like this. Apart from the BF series to a lesser extent, I guess?
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited February 2015
    Don't forget about Counter Strike, which is one of these very few tactical fps games. To a lesser extent yeah sure (although that might be arguable) but still.
    I do regret the absence of bigger map in CS, like we have in NS2.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    True, but I meant using the map while running around the world using sound to know when to stop looking at the map :P
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    CS is VERY tactical, it's just not as deep a tactical experience as NS is. O.o

Also, no name and shaming guys. *shakes finger*
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    CS is VERY tactical, it's just not as deep a tactical experience as NS is. O.o
    Simply not true.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Differing opinions TM
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Differing opinions TM

The dinosaurs still exist and the sun revolves around the earth.

Differing opinions you know.