On the hunt for more European Playtesters!

DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
edited December 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Hi everyone! As the title states, we're looking for more EU playtesters!

European Playtest runs at 12pm PST // 3pm EST // 8pm UK // 9pm (21:00) CET on Mondays & Wednesdays

If you are interested, please submit an application! The playtest leads will be judging you based on your application, so please keep that in mind :)

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Might want to mention the need for more linux playtesters.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    If you're NA, feel free to apply. We may pick up a few of those, too :P
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    What are the hourly rates and are we entitled to an hourly lunchbreak?
    :)
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    What are the hourly rates and are we entitled to an hourly lunchbreak?
    :)
    Check out the link ghoul posted and you will find what your looking for
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @yojimbo the hourly rate is £0.00 and no lunch break as we dont work over lunch!

However you do get to see what we are working on and help shape its future (as well as quash bugs)
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Currently I'm working on a research study that had my priority last months, so I was less active PT. However its due next Friday (omg Im so screwed) and then is holiday.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    OK I'm in! Wish me luck guys!
    113329d1395425451-salkkareitten-karismaattinen-pelui-ei-juonipaljastuksia-castingcouch.jpg
  • weekweek Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200706Members
    Decoy wrote: »
    The playtest leads will be judging you based on your application, so please keep that in mind :)

Instead, if you have been accidentally accepted for the sheer volume of gear you listed and it turns out are @wooza, he will sprout a rule stating no server operators can become playtester.

A blatant fabrication. >:/
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    week wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    The playtest leads will be judging you based on your application, so please keep that in mind :)

Instead, if you have been accidentally accepted for the sheer volume of gear you listed and it turns out are @wooza, he will sprout a rule stating no server operators can become playtester.

A blatant fabrication. >:/

Server OPs can and have become playtesters. It's how well you play with others that's of most importance.
    What was the fabrication required for, I wonder . . .

I suppose that's how the PT Lead plays with others (when he's not busy crashing servers through network exploits). :@)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2015
    I don't even know what those last posts are about. But being server admin is totally not a criteria why you can't become pt ( actually i guess at least 20% of the pts did or are running ns2 servers).

Please mind your words. If you have any issue with certain ppl please take it to pms with the pt leads ... .
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2015
    im all for @Yojimbo! You have my vote! (if there would be any ;p)
    edited January 2015
    I tried @CarNagE1‌, I don't think they share my sense of humor :( I believe in having fun and getting things done :smiley:

I blame @Loki‌ he told me to be funny on the application, last time I'll listen to him!

This couch sure is comfy though!
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Yojimbo: Beware of white spots on that couch
    edited January 2015
    I don't even know what those last posts are about. But being server admin is totally not a criteria why you can't become pt ( actually i guess at least 20% of the pts did or are running ns2 servers).

Please mind your words. If you have any issue with certain ppl please take it to pms with the pt leads ... .

I NEED TO BE NICER TO PEOPLE, AND NOT POST FOR A WHILE
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Playtesting's a good job, mate! It's challenging work, in-doors... I guarantee you'll not go hungry, 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there are two programmers left on the planet, someone is gonna want some bug tested.

Wait this feels like a dejavu...

The matrix has us all...
    week wrote: »

I NEED TO BE NICER TO PEOPLE, AND NOT POST FOR A WHILE

Ooooooo what did he say what did he say
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    ye yojimbo dunno if they looked at your love letter yet :D
    Can you put in a recommendation, my tea making skills are bar none
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I can recommend Yojimbo, it is always a pleasure to play with him!