with all due respect...

colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited December 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
...the new loading screen suxx

it looks like a screenshot of something from e3 2001

if you don't revert, then new loading screen pl0x:
b8kck0.jpg

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Next patch you will hopefully be able to put your own loading screens in without them being consistency checked.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hugh-i-con!! as the Onos
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    edited December 2014
    Btw did you sent a notice out to all server-ops, letting them know what to add to consistency ignore?

I'm blocked from posting to that group. Someone's giving priviledges to children again. 8-|
    Edit: Read only-mode for non-gmail-signups prevents it.

Edit2: This still has not happened.
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    thanks samus

it would have been a shame if i had to smash you
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    See sig for static background replacement
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You're crazy - the old one was all sorts of skewed and funky in regards to perspective, and basically just looked like a friendly Onos and marine having a conversation, zero intensity.
    This new one looks like how a marine should feel the first time he comes around the corner to face an Onos.

But, opinions are subjective.. even if they're wrong like yours... ;) .. and you should be able to change it here shortly. (it should never have been consistency checked in the first place tbh)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That spoiler though...
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If it really bothers you that much I can make a mod for the original one until next patch!
    edited December 2014
    Seb wrote: »
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    If it really bothers you that much I can make a mod for the original one until next patch!
    Dw about him though, the new loading screen is way better, he's just a troll.

I've already replaced it with my own custom art since I'm not a fan either, so one more mod isn't a problem really :)
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    Seb wrote: »
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Dw about him though, the new loading screen is way better, he's just a troll.

it seems quite trollish to write off someone's opinion as 'they're just a troll'

1v1 me anytime bro
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    You may be partially serious but this thread is so troll. By saying "with all due respect", having that entertaining picture, saying things like "1v1 me anytime bro" are all troll. The whole way you presented this thread just is trollish.
    edited December 2014
    i'm legit when i say that i think the picture sucks. *snip* better recognise

but i don't want to insult people's voluntary work and contributions, hence with all due respect (ps sounds great samus)

as for the rest, have a laugh mate - life is just one big joke after all

edit: hey, how come wu tang clan can say it but i can't?
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Can I have some of what you are having?
    i always pass the peace pipe to the right
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Soldier, why is it when people say "with all due respect" they really mean "Kiss my a*se"
    EDIT: I had a picture of Sparatus here but it got eaten :(
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like the new screen !!!
    But the marine is clearly shooting at the onos mouth
    If I were him I would throw a grenade to his mouth, like in the movies
    Instant Onocide
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Can we have switchable soundtracks?

Like changing menu music (prefer the old soundtrack rather than new soundtrack, not talking about holiday soundtrack) and on a less likely note, changing other bgm?
    coolitic wrote: »
    Can we have switchable soundtracks?

Like changing menu music (prefer the old soundtrack rather than new soundtrack, not talking about holiday soundtrack) and on a less likely note, changing other bgm?

I've been waiting for it to be approved for about 6 months now. Should happen...some day
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    i always pass the peace pipe to the right

To the left...
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @colonoscopy_odyssey‌ stop being a stirrer! Don't worry guys and gals, its just a bit of Aussie humour. <stop drinking before posting Colon> ;-)
    See you online mate.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I appreciate the new loading screen. The Marine's pose in the old one was just TOO fabulous... :)

(Edit: new emoticon images? oO weird)
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    "Onos and a dead marine" loading screen.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Even better.

Dead marine impaled on onos horn loading screen!!!!!!
  • GenericOverusedNameGenericOverusedName Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183022Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why not that exo artwork? The one with the fade and skulks and stuff and the big giant robot thing you should never buy in the center?
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why not that exo artwork? The one with the fade and skulks and stuff and the big giant robot thing you should never buy in the center?
    Why not both?

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MrFangs wrote: »
    Why not both?

Why not beigealerts tram loop menu?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    edited January 2015
    I think we had a topic about the menu and having the choice of the animation / still image in the menu. We already have several animations (tram, eclipse, kodiak, biodome). Still, we cannot switch or having them cycle each time you launch the game.
    Again, I'm sill waiting for approval on that, 8 months later.