[Major BUG] Build 10809. No life Pod?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
I just started a new game, and I am spawning with no life pod, and I am still getting the screen spinning when you toss a flare.

Whats going on guys?

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    In order to make teh game we often have to break it. Also known as bugs. :)

This will happen all the way through development. There is nothing unusual, dont worry.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    No problem, just wanted to report it, and know what happened.

I didn't know the experimental would be part of the ground floor so to speak, at least not at this level.

Cheers.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    For issues like these I'd suggest using the F8 button to submit feedback directly. The forums aren't really a good place for small bug reports or snippets of feedback as there's no easy way for the developers to keep track.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Narfwak wrote: »
    For issues like these I'd suggest using the F8 button to submit feedback directly. The forums aren't really a good place for small bug reports or snippets of feedback as there's no easy way for the developers to keep track.

Agreed.

Are you able to suggest another route I can take where bug reports can be made which would require a video? For instance the spinning flare bug, that would be a difficult thing to post using the F8 key?

Cheers, and thanks.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Check your PMs. :D

Done...

Thanks again. :)
  • dottedfishdottedfish Germany Join Date: 2014-11-22 Member: 199755Members
    Reminds me of my suggestion to enhance the ingame F8 feature by allowing more text. While I do agree that the forums aren't the best place the F8 not always works. For example in every case where the inventory is open (like this bug here: http://dropbox.dottedfish.net/games/subnautica/2014-12-14_00005.jpg)