Screenshots, Post 'em if you got 'em

ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
I have been playing around with generating a village.

Basically right now spamming a pair of prefabs into a randomly designated set of points and then running around in them. Setup some angry villagers just because.

EnYyGuK.jpg
3ETD3ti.jpg

The idea is to setup a few different prefabs and have an area that spawns at random full of bad guys to shoot. The next step will be making the building prefabs decide what to spawn each time I make one.

I'm interested to see what the rest of you are up to with future prefect right now. Any one else doing cool things?

Comments

• MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Cool idea! I'm looking forward to see what you have planned for the villagers.

Working on the heist game now. This is our (placeholder art) robot:

Robot.png
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I like that village! (Edited your post to fix the second pic not showing up - hope you don't mind).

Working on getting loads of art from Fox3D, our outsource guys, into the game. Here's the laser wall, which will surely be a good fit for any heist game.

3SffZHz.png
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Insane, thanks for the fix. I played around some more today. It looks like the way i started to do thing was almost right, just need to script the creation of the sub blueprints instead including them. I guess the best option is to use the stack blueprint as a model.

anyway before I do that, a few more screenshots.

ke2DVgm.jpg
    mistakes with spawners
    G6DQNmR.jpg
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on in those screenshots, but I 100% approve!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Looks like a black friday line in America stacked onto one platform
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Did you write an automator to do that?
  • BruteBrute Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67778Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I tried to mimic the Label functionality. So there is an automator that creates the text in edit mode. Additionally there is a script that listens for the SetText event.
    Was kind of tricky to combine both with lots of pitfalls. I.e. the automator crashes when calling World_SendMessage in edit mode and there is no way to determine if the game is started. Also the script cannot call the automator, therefore the algorithm to place characters needs to be present in both. This then requires all the fields (e.g. line spacing, horizontal alignment, ...) to be synchonized between both.
    On the other hand, the automator maybe called even after the game was started, so now there is the script and the automator running at the same time, trying to do the same thing, interfering with each other. etc.

It's in the workshop.