What is your "go to" server for NS2 goodness?

13»

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was playing on TGNS last night, what a lovely bunch of people, will be looking forward to another session soon!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the blink of death. But had to write about the 3 amazing games I had on Hyperion last night (3 good games in a row), with some back and forth. Team work was rampant, with decent commanders on sides, and lots of friendly ggs. Reply if you were in those games.
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    HBZ was long time only public server I could play more than one round. Unfortunately some time ago they started to make new changes to the server like reserved slots and NS2stats hours cap. It's good to focus your player base but this meant that I didn't have enough “skill” to play there anymore. The server said that I don't have enough hours and I should go play more noob friendly server. Call me a stubborn noob, but I didn’t go to play on green servers.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Tane wrote: »
    HBZ was long time only public server I could play more than one round. Unfortunately some time ago they started to make new changes to the server like reserved slots and NS2stats hours cap. It's good to focus your player base but this meant that I didn't have enough “skill” to play there anymore. The server said that I don't have enough hours and I should go play more noob friendly server. Call me a stubborn noob, but I didn’t go to play on green servers.

I think this was maybe for the best tane lol

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited December 2014
    NA EAST PT Server. I'm an elitist terrible player that spends more time in playtest games that pubs to avoid being stomped. :D
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    Casual. I really like [TA] House of Awesome, but that's probably cause they run custom maps, too. Tactical Gamer also gets a vote from me. Lovely folks.
    edited December 2014
    I tried so hard to like TA alot but I just find the mass chaos and the frequent red plugs just too much to handle, personally feel the server is punching well above its weight, 42 players, massive scale siege maps, extra entities drag the server to its knees half the time. I doubt its my system as its an i7, 16gb ram, 4 sdd's raid 0 configuration, gtx 770 and a 100mb connection.

Maybe if they halved the player count and have a smaller selection of siege maps that are properly optimized I'd give it another shot. ehh quality over quantity.
  • AmbivalentAmbiguityAmbivalentAmbiguity Miami, FL Join Date: 2014-02-18 Member: 194129Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    I tried so hard to like TA alot but I just find the mass chaos and the frequent red plugs just too much to handle, personally feel the server is punching well above its weight, 42 players, massive scale siege maps, extra entities drag the server to its knees half the time. I doubt its my system as its an i7, 16gb ram, 4 sdd's raid 0 configuration, gtx 770 and a 100mb connection.

Maybe if they halved the player count and have a smaller selection of siege maps that are properly optimized I'd give it another shot. ehh quality over quantity.

I think you're confused. The TA main server only runs 24 slots. :)

Additionally the siege is only 28.

Though I do know what server you're referencing and I can say I've had nothing but good games on that one!
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I think you're confused. The TA main server only runs 24 slots. :)

Additionally the siege is only 28.

Though I do know what server you're referencing and I can say I've had nothing but good games on that one!

Oh Apologies my bad, sorry for knocking TA, yeah I'm talking about the other one haha.

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    TA is a clusterfck in its own way but you sir are talking about Wooza's server of skill and great performance(TM)!!! There you can experience true 1800s war style gameplay where 10 marines stand in line at the end of a hallway and shoot down it without actually aiming. Its quite an experience.

/sarcasm
    joshhh wrote: »
    TA is a clusterfck in its own way but you sir are talking about Wooza's server of skill and great performance(TM)!!! There you can experience true 1800s war style gameplay where 10 marines stand in line at the end of a hallway and shoot down it without actually aiming. Its quite an experience.

/sarcasm

That would actually look pretty good if we gave them muskets accompanied by a huge plume of smoke after every wave of aliens
    :P
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    If you're looking for a place to escape the green tide, I've just opened up a second server with an hours limit.

I know, I know, we should all be helping the greens get into the game. But sometimes you just want to escape the madness, and when you do, look for the C4 servers. Also, we promise not to ban you for stupid reasons (like being too good).
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Calego's server is fun. A server that often has players that are way above me in skill level too, which I am glad I can find a server like that.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »

/sarcasm

I remember a few patches ago (I think when xeno was biomass 7?? Rush xeno FTW!! (Though getting 3 hives and 9 biomass now a days could hardly be called rushing. But god if you think normal play is a ClusterF, then you should play when Xeno is up with marines turtling in base, and endless waves of skulks going xeno against 10+ GL in marine base. My computers tanks it from all the glorious effects and explosions.