Marine Insults!

ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
Your marine Is nothing short of a Badass.

He will never die as his corpse is simply recycled.
He can handle any alien provided he has the experience to do so.
He can use any weapon provided he has the money to buy some.
And he is humanities first and final line of defense against the Kharaa.
He is a marine. And he is awesome.

However...
He what he says is rather...Lame. Making him Taunt an alien by pressing T... Just makes me Cringe in me trying to COMPREHEND in HOW any of the nonsense he just spoke is INSULTING!
"My shrink says I need an Outlet for my aggression"
"Oh man! Just lost my Appetite!"
"Don't see that everyday. Thank god..."

Now I understand that all a marine needs to get into the alien fight would be a rifle, a spandex suit, Plastic pieces, and enough testosterone to make you act like rambo so Intelligence in combat is on the side of things...

But come on...This is Insulting yourselves! Not to mention that Aliens don't really say anything back besides Hiss at you so you might as well be talking to a mirror...

But the point is this thread is to come up with BETTER Marine insults.
they probably won't be added in the game, but hey! A little creativity wouldn't hurt.
What would you like your marine to say against the Kharra?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    Are these the awesome marines you are talking about?

To me they seem to be less rambo, more another day in the office getting stuff done. "My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression" fits that great.

I now want to play ns2 while listening to that "working overtime" song.
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2014
    yes, when in the goddamn am i going to hear 'kill them all, it's the only way to be sure'? apparently part of the shadow pack, but i've never heard it uttered once

i've had to resort exclusively to voice chat trash talk now, but that's where my golden tongue really thrives
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    better one-liners soundpack dlc for christmas? :D
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    yes, when in the goddamn am i going to hear 'kill them all, it's the only way to be sure'? apparently part of the shadow pack, but i've never heard it uttered once

i've had to resort exclusively to voice chat trash talk now, but that's where my golden tongue really thrives
    It's female marine only taunt. could that be why you've not heard it? I get it plenty.

OP - Frankly "My shrink says I need an Outlet for my aggression" is one of the coolest taunts from any game ever IMO.

The females marines shouting "BITCHSLAPPED" is also awesome, especially when you get it after a rifle butt kill :D
    ^^^^ Would be cool if specific taunts were able to be triggered (or have a higher chance of being triggered) in such a way rather than being totally random.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    So the vastly superior sarcastic remarks they utter right now aren't good enough? What exactly do you want them to say, "though guy" obscenities or something? It's quite hard to not make those sound corny though...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I would love to Shout "Varlet", "slubberdegullion" at dead skulks.
    Or maybe Peasant.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    I would love to Shout "Varlet", "slubberdegullion" at dead skulks.
    Or maybe Peasant.
    MAC says what
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Armymonger wrote: »

However...
    He what he says is rather...Lame. Making him Taunt an alien by pressing T... Just makes me Cringe in me trying to COMPREHEND in HOW any of the nonsense he just spoke is INSULTING!

Now I understand that all a marine needs to get into the alien fight would be a rifle, a spandex suit, Plastic pieces, and enough testosterone to make you act like rambo so Intelligence in combat is on the side of things...

But come on...This is Insulting yourselves! Not to mention that Aliens don't really say anything back besides Hiss at you so you might as well be talking to a mirror...

they probably won't be added in the game, but hey! A little creativity wouldn't hurt.

@Armymonger‌
    the taunts are from NS1 (most if not all of them). Read the story with my guide (see sig) to see how they can be appropriate to the NS universe.

• d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow

However...

@Armymonger‌
    the taunts are from NS1 (most if not all of them). Read the story with my guide (see sig) to see how they can be appropriate to the NS universe.

Could you give us a TL;DR?
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i see. the females have all the good taunts

"smash em, bash em, make em write bad cheques"

it's like my single days all over again
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    @Armymonger‌
    Ahh STF Aussie Sound pack, where art thou now?

(EDIT: There's still a thread here)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You must not play as female marine, because they are all pretty awesome.
  • FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
    You know what happens at 1:51? Frozty saves the they with 150dmg canon shot.
  • HeadShotHeadShot Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187211Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Speaking about marine female taunt, I think there is maybe a problem with the "kill them all, it's the only way to be sure" taunt. 'Cause yesterday i was in the rdy room with 2 friends, and apparently every time my marine was saying the "exclusive" taunt for me, they were hearing a different one, but never this particular one
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited December 2014
    someone needs to make the dukenukem 1 liners as insults mod
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    @Armymonger A lot of the taunts are references to some classic movies. Going by your posts I would assume you're very young and into military role play. I doubt you'll find many people willing to play along.
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    If I want Marine insults I higher the volume of the voice chat in game when showing my awesome marine comm skills (meaning I drop you med pack graves).
    I am still astonished by the creativity people showcase when angered. :)
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    edited December 2014
    @Armymonger A lot of the taunts are references to some classic movies. Going by your posts I would assume you're very young and into military role play. I doubt you'll find many people willing to play along.

I suppose I would say the fact I find these Taunts corny than intimidating would explain that yeah.
    Would you explain the references?
    SamusDroid wrote: »

I do not actually. but the few Ive heard don't fare much better to me.

Anyway, I just feel the insults aren't really directed much to aliens.
    They feel more...I don't know... better for insulting other humans.
    "How did I get to be so good?"
    Feels like it was bragging more than anything to another human soldier.

Think of it like this.
    If I was alone in a hallway and there are Aliens hidden among the Vents and corners of walls...
    Would I really say that in that situation?
    I would seem like an insane guy if I say such things alone, but as others said, its a matter of preference and getting the reference.
  • skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I really like all the marine taunts and quite frankly I am flabbergasted by your opinion.
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    skulkgato wrote: »
    I really like all the marine taunts and quite frankly I am flabbergasted by your opinion.

Well, its not like Im totally Ranting for Unknown worlds to change them, Which they won't obviously (waste of resources and time)

Im just expressing my own view on Marine insults.
    if someone else, Like yourself, Enjoys the current snappy one liners, then kudos to you. You find them good, I find them awkward.
    We can at least keep this civil i'm sure.

skulkgato wrote: »

Well, its not like Im totally Ranting for Unknown worlds to change them, Which they won't obviously (waste of resources and time)

Im just expressing my own view on Marine insults.
    if someone else, Like yourself, Enjoys the current snappy one liners, then kudos to you. You find them good, I find them awkward.
    We can at least keep this civil i'm sure.

FINE!

*drives the flamethrower tank back into the shed* :-\"
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited December 2014

I suppose I would say the fact I find these Taunts corny than intimidating would explain that yeah.
    Would you explain the references?

I do not actually. but the few Ive heard don't fare much better to me.

Anyway, I just feel the insults aren't really directed much to aliens.
    They feel more...I don't know... better for insulting other humans.
    "How did I get to be so good?"
    Feels like it was bragging more than anything to another human soldier.

Think of it like this.
    If I was alone in a hallway and there are Aliens hidden among the Vents and corners of walls...
    Would I really say that in that situation?
    I would seem like an insane guy if I say such things alone, but as others said, its a matter of preference and getting the reference.

Pretty much all of the male marine taunts are the exact same as ns1... that's the origin. It'd be cool to revoice it or change a couple. I don't think they need to be intimidating - it's just a taunt for lawlz... I always hate getting killed and hear that skulk chuckle...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff

But.. then i can't call everyone else bruce!
    Kouji_San wrote: »

FINE!

Civil kouji San.
    That's what separates us humans from the aliens.

I don't want to know where you bought that relic....
    edited December 2014
    We build them ourselves! We won't tell you where though.
    Much more civilised than banhammers, you can Lightly cook people, or INCINERATE THEM.

We bought them from Kane

FINE!

Civil kouji San.
    That's what separates us humans from the aliens.

I don't want to know where you bought that relic....

First rule of incineration club, set em on fire and let the Super Admins sort em out \:D/

First rule of incineration club, set em on fire and let the Super Admins sort em out \:D/

...how the hell does a super admin sort out ashes?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

Super admin powers! Duh...
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited December 2014

nanites.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    *Waits patiently for Arnold Schwarzenegger taunts compilation*

HASTA LA VISTA gorgie