What is your "go to" server for NS2 goodness?

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • HoeloeHoeloe Switzerland Join Date: 2014-03-02 Member: 194487Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I usualy play on the SEK2000 Servers, there are a lot of nice german/english players. There is also a balance mod running on those servers witch calculates the strengths of the teams. It's collecting his own data (no Hive data) and differs between Alien and Marine skill. So u can get verry balanced games.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    RapGod wrote: »
    Kkg4lyfe

But... but... RapGod... you 'get ban'(TM).

:D
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I would also recommend avoiding the sek2000 servers. My computer crashed and I got a yellow card for leaving a game while it was in progress.

On another occasion a friend was on one sek server and I couldn't join as it was full so I joined the other. He then joined on me, got a second yellow card for leaving his current game and was immediately banned and couldn't join the game I was in on the other one...! Genius mod lol.

I've not had many good games on those servers and the admin mod is quite frankly retarded in many aspects.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes, I've played on that server once. Was plenty for me. That mod is just baaaad :(
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    joshhh wrote: »
    -Calego's server when it holds its tickrate. Would love the playercap to be a tad lower but its the best you can get with a hour requirement.
    Our tickrate holds now! Hurrah for improvements! Also we're down to 16 players because people whined about it so much.

I enjoy my server immensely. But lately Tactical Gamer's been my second, they've got a good thing going on there (and we need a masochist to release those TGNS mods individually for the rest of the community).
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Any populated AUS server (even if all the comp. players are on). Followed by US servers (any that are populated), then EU (those guys are great, really friendly and willing discuss strats - though the ping is crap for me in Australia). Finally, a bit shout out to the French server that I have played on (they speak French - I don't), but the players are nice enough to let me play. Awesome to organise a gorge rush using text only (with only the NS terms I understand in English). Lolz great stuff.

French player : "tunnel et Topo 'rest is French'"
    French player : "speaks in French"....
    me : "?"
    me : via text "gorge rush?"
    French player via text : "yes"
    me : via text "cc or power"
    French player "cc"
    Me : via text "go"

then our 4 gorges rushed to our death. so much fun.
  • ChucullinnChucullinn Join Date: 2013-09-05 Member: 187848Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold

Our tickrate holds now! Hurrah for improvements! Also we're down to 16 players because people whined about it so much.

I enjoy my server immensely. But lately Tactical Gamer's been my second, they've got a good thing going on there (and we need a masochist to release those TGNS mods individually for the rest of the community).[/quote]

Calegos server is great, but I usually fall asleep before it's populated at night.

Plz giv reserved slot, k thx bye <3
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Where is TGNS server located? Unless I'm completely blind I never see them on my browser, must learn to favourite it and give it a go!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Calego wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    -Calego's server when it holds its tickrate. Would love the playercap to be a tad lower but its the best you can get with a hour requirement.

Awwww sheeeiiiii. I'll have to jump on one of these days again.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Where is TGNS server located? Unless I'm completely blind I never see them on my browser, must learn to favourite it and give it a go!

US east(ish)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    I usually play on IBIS, sometimes diamondgamers. Mostly because they are usually the only populated NS2 servers with <100 ping and good server performance.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    WOOZAS 42 man slot server, always action packed and a battle no matter where you go or whatever you try to hold, its total mayhem here is a little sequence on pushes back and forward sry that my pc is shit on recording while playing i might record an actual good game where we are not losing instead :P http://www.twitch.tv/radimaks/c/5510803
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    I, too, enjoy getting 30 fps while having 17 warping skulks in my face.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love IBIS but I wished Zero would chuck in a few more mods and NS2_Caged, god I love that map.

What's that workaround for when everytime steam workshop gets an update it would just changed to a new map so it wouldn't stop players from joining the current map, I swear I was on a server yesterday that had it.

Think it was TacticalGamer??

P.S. What's the ip of TGNS I can never find it unless it is the TacticalGamer server I was on yesterday!
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    TGNS = Tactical Gamer NS, so yeah...
    Thanks man, they have more than one server don't they? Any particular one I should join?
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I love IBIS but I wished Zero would chuck in a few more mods and NS2_Caged, god I love that map.

I just wish Zero wouldn't disable vote kick or go AFK in his own server 24/7/364. I see more people go AFK in his server than any other, and whenever someone randomizes the teams it's pretty much guaranteed to be a bad game. I still remember one time Marines got stuck with 6 AFK's.

Totally agree about Caged also, absolutely LOVE that map. It's a shame that people are usually so against voting for it. (always voting for Tram, Summit, or Veil instead)

• 101th101th Russian Federation Join Date: 2014-06-17 Member: 196588Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    i like i like played on HBZ server, or any with compmod servers & good ping. but more important who playing with you!
    MoFo1 wrote: »

I just wish Zero wouldn't disable vote kick or go AFK in his own server 24/7/364. I see more people go AFK in his server than any other, and whenever someone randomizes the teams it's pretty much guaranteed to be a bad game. I still remember one time Marines got stuck with 6 AFK's.

Totally agree about Caged also, absolutely LOVE that map. It's a shame that people are usually so against voting for it. (always voting for Tram, Summit, or Veil instead)

Yeah definitely should enable votekick but should definitely be moderated to prevent abuse!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members

Yeah definitely should enable votekick but should definitely be moderated to prevent abuse!

It's specifically disabled BECAUSE he afks there in order to seed the playercount. What he needs is something to boot idle players back to the ready room so that you can at least get balanced teams.
    sotanaht wrote: »

It's specifically disabled BECAUSE he afks there in order to seed the playercount. What he needs is something to boot idle players back to the ready room so that you can at least get balanced teams.

Yeah thats all well and good but like you said that all goes out the window when RR gets randomed or force even and it chucks zero into a team to practically sit there the whole game sucking up pres, ip spawn queue and general non-usefulness, he should be auto ready roomed himself to overcome this.

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited November 2014

What he should do is add one more slot (so you have an odd number) set up one timer to kick AFK players to the RR, a second timer to kick AFK players in the RR from the game, then make himself immune to the second timer only.

That way vote kick is still disabled, Zero can still be AFK 24/7 to seed, he won't unbalance the teams when they're randomized, any AFK players besides Zero are kicked, and when the server is full you can have even teams with Zero in the RR.

Problem solved, everyone wins.

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester

What he should do is add one more slot (so you have an odd number) set up one timer to kick AFK players to the RR, a second timer to kick AFK players in the RR from the game, then make himself immune to the second timer only.

That way vote kick is still disabled, Zero can still be AFK 24/7 to seed, he won't unbalance the teams when they're randomized, any AFK players besides Zero are kicked, and when the server is full you can have even teams with Zero in the RR.

Problem solved, everyone wins.

Shine's AFK kicker has a player threshold. The solution is simply to enable AFK kicking once 18 players join the server. You'd just have to re-join if the server dies again.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    ... but the players are nice enough to let me play.
    is what this thread should be about, not about slotcount. ;)
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I tend to seed our own "^cV - Competitive Gaming" - server. Recently moved the server from Germany to Sweden so the pings are better for northern Europeans (Worse for US players. <.<). It's the kind of server where you see a lot of prem division players join in and rip the faces off of everyone. Not that I'm complaining, it's a great learning experience if they're not acting like asses AHEM. Great fun nevertheless.
    Amad wrote: »
    I tend to seed our own "^cV - Competitive Gaming" - server. Recently moved the server from Germany to Sweden so the pings are better for northern Europeans (Worse for US players. <.<). It's the kind of server where you see a lot of prem division players join in and rip the faces off of everyone. Not that I'm complaining, it's a great learning experience if they're not acting like asses AHEM. Great fun nevertheless.

Haha yeah I've joined this server a few times and its good to see players on par or getting my ass kicked around the map lol!
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Nonash.

Good times when it was there. So sad it went.