Any way to make a custom Alien Vision to default on?

d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
The title pretty much sums it up. I went and took a look in DarkVision.hlsl but I didn't really understand what I was looking at.

Comments

• lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    There is an option in NS2+ to make Alien Vision be on every time you spawn.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    lotnik190 wrote: »

He meant a custom AV.
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Pelargir wrote: »
    lotnik190 wrote: »

He meant a custom AV.

I think it works for custom AV as well.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes, I know that NS2+ has that option and I'm already using it. However, some servers don't have NS2+ and others lose their connection to the Workshop sometimes. It is for those moments that I want an "always on AV".
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    Yes, I know that NS2+ has that option and I'm already using it. However, some servers don't have NS2+ and others lose their connection to the Workshop sometimes. It is for those moments that I want an "always on AV".

Just have a look at this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301365466 ;)
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow

Just have a look at this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301365466 ;)

Thank you! Just what I was looking for.
    Actually, after having tried it out. It seems that the Always On AV wasn't really what I was looking for. I would like the ability to turn it of as well so I can gawk at the gorgeous levels. Can anyone help?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Actually, after having tried it out. It seems that the Always On AV wasn't really what I was looking for. I would like the ability to turn it of as well so I can gawk at the gorgeous levels. Can anyone help?
    That AV in particular doesn't mess with the level visuals... so I'm not sure what you want... do you want it reversed? default on? it is possible to do...
    edited November 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    That AV in particular doesn't mess with the level visuals... so I'm not sure what you want... do you want it reversed? default on? it is possible to do...

I want it to be default on with the ability to turn it off. And yeah, it doesn't really interfere with level visuals, I was more thinking of buildings and custom armour/skins.

Edit: Another way of saying it is that I want it to work just like it does in NS2+ when Default AV State is set to On.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow