Will NS2 get any of the new stuff that combat is introducing?

GadrakGadrak Join Date: 2012-09-26 Member: 160783Members
just a question for the devs, will ns2 ever get the onos devour, the LMG and the Rail cannon?, i would personally love to have more weapons for the marines.

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited October 2014
    I think Roo wanted devour imported... ;)

Edit - exos have rail guns in ns2? Unless combat has it as its own weapon to be bought separately. But I'm gonna take a long shot and say no to everything you asked. Some servers have the lmg mod, but devour will doubtfully ever be in ns2. Still confused on that rail cannon if you don't mean the exo.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The rail cannon is a handheld portable gun that fires accurate medium-high damage rays of light.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I personally don't feel the need, although some have claimed we need new content to keep people playing.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited October 2014
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    The rail cannon is a handheld portable gun that fires accurate medium-high damage rays of light.

So... weak AWP?

Or similar to exo rail? This should prob be on their forums (I mean this thread) to get more input from the team.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    We have been reassured that devour will not be making a comeback for ns2.

Evil_ice's lmg would be fantastic but I don't think it'll happen. Handheld rail gun - PLEASE NO that would be ridiculously op!
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Unlikely. But there is an HMG (same model as the combat lmg) in the compmod.
  • GadrakGadrak Join Date: 2012-09-26 Member: 160783Members
    RapGod wrote: »

So... weak AWP?

Or similar to exo rail? This should prob be on their forums (I mean this thread) to get more input from the team.

call me a shitter, but after playng this game for 2000 hours, i really want something new to be added into the game

the team that is developing combat is using almost all of the assets from NS2, i dont see why in exchange the devs get to add some of the new stuff they introduced

and before you tell me , well go play combat, im not a fan of losing the strategy portion of NS2, this is what makes the game special to me, but i want new stuff added to the game.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    play competitive ns2 then. The hmg is in that, and it's much more enjoyable than pub vanilla ns2. :)
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If the source will be available, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to mod them in. I don't see them being added officially.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Is combat getting napalm exos and welder fists?

If so, please add to NS2 =P
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

I believe WasabiOne demoed this gun in one of his "What is NS2:Combat" videos when he played the game.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

I believe WasabiOne demoed this gun in one of his "What is NS2:Combat" videos when he played the game.
    The very first video to be exact.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i didnt really like that gun in the video
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    For now, our plans dont include anything Combat is doing, as we have our own plans for the long-term.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Obraxis wrote: »
    For now, our plans dont include anything Combat is doing, as we have our own plans for the long-term.

Well, that solves that then haha