Spacestation Design Impressions: Alien Isolation

JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
edited October 2014 in Mapping
White Devils Alien Isolation Images (as Reference) : Dropbox-Link

gameplay footage (before it was released) - original thread content (not interesting anymore):
Warning: if you could feel tricked, because the gameplay contains the guy "pewdiepie" just dont watch it.

Game is available: 07.10.2014 (i am not posting anymore, when its released - its the only real long gameplay i could find)

Campaign - Beginning (Part 1)- Index:
1m30s - intro (main menu starting game)
3m10s - gameplay (intro cutscene)
5m22s - gameplay (first-person)

Campaign - Sevastopol (Part 2) - Index:
0m00s - Sevastopol Station (Part 2):
9m15s - Outdoor look to planet: looks really cool!

Survival Mode (not Campaign) - Index:
0m25s - Ingame, Note: Architecture looks amazing!

Review:
IGN: 5.9 / 10
GameSpot: 6 / 10
Metacritic: 79 / 100
PCGamer: 93 / 100

Conclusion: looks like its not the best game, but the architecture & style is awesome.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    You bastard... tricking us to click on a PewDiePie video... (and I'm only half joking...)
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    I posted it because:
    1. i am interested in the game
    2. its the first real gameplay i could find
    3. it has really cool ingame space station architecture stuff

And i am not really happy that you call people (me or others) bastards
    and i was not going to promote the pewdiepie-guy.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Joseppe wrote: »
    I posted it because:
    1. i am interested in the game
    2. its the first real gameplay i could find
    3. it has really cool ingame space station architecture stuff

And i am not really happy that you call people (me or others) bastards
    and i was not going to promote the pewdiepie-guy.

Sorry, just can't stand that guy.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I watched Aliens again a month ago. Or parts of it, at least. That movie has such an awesome set design (if you exclude that horrendously stupid personnel carrier). It's that used and bulky 90s tech sci fi that makes it look so amazingly atmospheric.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2014
    The only thing I loved about that APC was the gun which retracted, when moving into the base for coolsies :P Also looking insanely good there Insane, really liking that contrast and shadow play!

And what they did, judging from the cringeworthy youtube person's video... They did an awesome job getting that aliens feel into the game, good stuff for inspiration. NS NOS textures anyone :D
    edited October 2014
    *added sevastopol station (part 2)*
    *added "survival mode" gameplay*
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I watched Aliens again a month ago. ..... It's that used and bulky 90s tech sci fi that makes it look so amazingly atmospheric.

Can you please explain how a film released in 1986, can be called "90's Tech Sci-Fi"?
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    prop like 2001 space odyssey was doing 2001 styled tech sci-fi setting in a movie made in the 60´s, just like we could do a 80´s styled rambo movie in maby 2020? :P
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm constantly blown away by the stuff in Isolation. Dunno if anyone is interested but I uploaded tons of pictures from the game for future reference.
    Might contain some spoilers. I wouldn't recommend to look them if you're planning on playing it.

link
    WhiteDevil wrote: »
    ...I uploaded tons of pictures from the game for future reference...

Please keep doing it (if its fun for you of course :) )

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I watched Aliens again a month ago. ..... It's that used and bulky 90s tech sci fi that makes it look so amazingly atmospheric.

Can you please explain how a film released in 1986, can be called "90's Tech Sci-Fi"?

If you look back from the future, stuff sortof starts to blend

I guess the movie was ahead of it's time.