NS2 Derelict

Comments

• lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    edited August 2014
    Loki wrote: »
    its staying as a double RT, but the room will be 100% different from what it is now
    Great, double RT is what this map needs, but I hope that it won't look like summit with double RT instead of TP. That big room is very nice, but it need some changes. Anyway good job, I hope update will be ready for this Sunday tests :)
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Updated the map, new layout go test
    not posting any screen shots as if you want to see it you got to download it :) + give me feedback!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    Updated the map, new layout go test
    not posting any screen shots as if you want to see it you got to download it :) + give me feedback!

Lazy... ;)
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    No pictures, no proofs.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    STUCK SPOT

LOOKOUT BENEATH THE WINDOW

GEOTHERMAL IN THE CORNER DOWN THE PIPES
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hey Loki! I'm getting back into stuff. Just saw the screens of the one detailed room. Looks awesome so far! Looking forward to playing this some time in the near future(hopefully). Keep it up!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    MasterG wrote: »
    Hey Loki! I'm getting back into stuff. Just saw the screens of the one detailed room. Looks awesome so far! Looking forward to playing this some time in the near future(hopefully). Keep it up!

It's even better when you run around on it. Just... don't touch the walls... you can fall through them sometimes. ;)
    ...what is this and what does it mean:

ce4aef2b65b9ab6caac5644313db50.png

Sortof OT, but I saw it on this thread. I've never seen that before.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff

You broke something, well done. Blame @Derelict
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    thanks @masterg should have a walk around in the map !

those holes in the map will be fixed on sunday :D + a few other small issues
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

2 New Messages - for some reason it seems to be posting the variable name rather than the value 'messages'.

That is what I expect to be happening anyway...
    Soul_Rider wrote: »

2 New Messages - for some reason it seems to be posting the variable name rather than the value 'messages'.

That is what I expect to be happening anyway...

Doesn't it always say "new"?

Btw, sorry loki for derailing :D
    you will be *shakes fist
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    for some reason it seems to be posting the variable name rather than the value 'messages'.

sounds like somebody messed up and accidentally used php for something!
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Duuuuude, this is amazing. That hallway with the roots . . .
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    great work, you are really working hard on this and working fast
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Nice work man! A few things may still look a bit clean(pipes in "some room" for example), but I'm sure you have it in mind already!
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Version v0.4

Layout as of version 0.4
    SxlxwEM.png

Change log

Western entrance
    New los blocking scaffolding

New vent routes
    Atmospheric seeding to some corridor
    Geothermal to road with no name
    Tree to "atmospheric seeding"

Geothermal has been somewhat updated with a new geo layout
    Nursery has had a change to its geo layout

Garage has had the lighting tweaked and improved occlusion geo to boost fps
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2014
    Here is my replay of last night's SCC playtest : First person POV

• Jones108Jones108 Join Date: 2012-12-10 Member: 174670Members
    edited September 2014
    wow, just playtested the map on scc and it definitely looks like we have another official map here in the making. even tho it is alpha 0.3/0.4? it is already fun to play and if i had a server, i definitely would add this map to the rotation. just love the setting of nature taking it all back. and the unfinnished state is making the effect even stronger, from goin to grey box to these zones of "infinite" detail.

and one more thing: i hope we still will be able to see the ready room from the map in the final version. this sort of continuity and attention to detail is what i love.
    edited September 2014
    Hop, last sunday's playtest :
    Invisible thing here, it's on the other side of the room too, same spot8ht3Dqu.jpgyou can climb on to of this thing in Garage, it's a mix of rumble, tree, and concrete I guess, anyway, you can climb your way up there and just hide behid leaves0IJl63R.jpg
    your using somthing that makes the plants there invisible.
    edited September 2014
    your using somthing that makes the plants there invisible.
    On the first screenshot ?
    What could it be ? I know I play on low settings and shit (NS2 and NS2+ options), for competitive purposes. But there's an option that gets rid of the plants that are there ?
    Weird

edited September 2014
    yes the first screenshot

its a comp mod it removes certain plants for more fps (I think). What should be there is bamboo. I think ns2+ removes these
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wish there was a different way to make something as valuable as a Double Res Node, but not so obvious.

I'm shooting in the dark here, but I think it would be cool to have a special res node that has big pay off or lump sum, but once you capture it, it exhausts that node, then pops up randomly someplace else. (maybe the node itself doesn't disappear, just it's "resources". Therefore overall map control becomes more important than a specific room control.

I imagine it sort of like "crates" from C&C, but instead of just picking it up, you gotta build an extractor on it, Loki knows what I'm talking about.

It doesn't need to be restricted to just this map either! Again, I don't know if this is even doable, but it would really shake up gameplay and make it more dynamic.
    I wish there was a different way to make something as valuable as a Double Res Node, but not so obvious.

I'm shooting in the dark here, but I think it would be cool to have a special res node that has big pay off or lump sum, but once you capture it, it exhausts that node, then pops up randomly someplace else. (maybe the node itself doesn't disappear, just it's "resources". Therefore overall map control becomes more important than a specific room control.

I imagine it sort of like "crates" from C&C, but instead of just picking it up, you gotta build an extractor on it, Loki knows what I'm talking about.

It doesn't need to be restricted to just this map either! Again, I don't know if this is even doable, but it would really shake up gameplay and make it more dynamic.

Or I've even thought it'd be great if there was a special "half" node. Double rez sometimes seems too powerful, but a single rez node wouldn't be powerful enough.