Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Nice, Thanks Dragon!
    Pull request received, I'll merge that code in and do a workshop publish in the next few hours.
    edited August 2014
    Okay... I pushed out a new version of the old Combat mod, using xDragon's and Ghoul's changes...
    Assuming the Workshop hasn't decided to do its usual thing of messing up, the new version should be out there and ready to play right now.
    Can anyone verify whether it's working? :)

EDIT: 500th post! woo!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    MCMLXXXIV wrote: »
    Okay... I pushed out a new version of the old Combat mod, using xDragon's and Ghoul's changes...
    Assuming the Workshop hasn't decided to do its usual thing of messing up, the new version should be out there and ready to play right now.

EDIT: 500th post! woo!

501. :D
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    MCMLXXXIV wrote: »

[SWE] The Thirsty Onos Combat server is up now if anyone wants to try it. I can't do it myself since I'm at work.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    ? are you saying that a fixed version is on the way?

That'd be nice. I always like warming up with combat.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Thanks for the update, I have brought my server back online.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    It will be interesting to see if player numbers pick back up now combat is working again...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Massively broken ATM. The marine buy menu never goes away, it just keeps stacking up more and more layers with ever "b" press. Can't even click the buttons. F4-ing doesn't fix it, aliens don't have this problem, and rejoining didn't work. :(
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Running any other mods? I didnt see anything like that during testing.
    did you test with dak / shine maybe it is caused by one of those mods as that would logically effect all clients on combat servers in the wild.
    xDragon wrote: »
    Running any other mods? I didnt see anything like that during testing.

Idk... it was on the IBIS server I think.
    edited August 2014
    we running dak and shine so it could be either of those. most likely shine b/c dak does not really have any sort of menu system that would logically cause an issue.

Unfortunately, I am not able to test myself until next week :(
    edited August 2014
    Ok i understand the issue now and it is not caused by mods. Please only press the button one time not multiple times.

If you open the buy menu and then press the button to open the buy menu again it causes the issue described in the posts above.

Please press exit to close the buy menu and do not press the button when it is already open.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I also had an issue where I switched teams to prevent auto bal when I was an alien egg. I f4'd, then f5'd real quick (j1) and spawned in marine base from the viewpoint of an egg saying "evolving to marine" and it never made any progress. Then I crashed.
    5xKyTYc.jpg
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Ok i understand the issue now and it is not caused by mods. Please only press the button one time not multiple times.

If you open the buy menu and then press the button to open the buy menu again it causes the issue described in the posts above.

Please press exit to close the buy menu and do not press the button when it is already open.

Well that's a nice workaround... but still hardly ideal.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think I see the problem, looks like part of the JoinTeam hook might have gotten reverted, which is causing an assert.
    Hopefully another patch will release in the next few days. Still this is way better than nothing!
    Also, onos at 0 minutes is a bit of a balance breaker. :)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'm also gettin very frequent crashes in general in combat. I know it's not helpful just saying that, no logs or anything. But I'm not sure if it's related to the latest patch or the mod... or both?
    Just to clarify... there's a bug where one player on each team is given 15 pres at the beginning... which is of course a ludicrous amount for combat.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    Jeez, good to hear it's back up but I'm not restarting my server until the kinks get worked out...
  • Vitri0lVitri0l Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58106Members
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    cpt000 wrote: »
    Jeez, good to hear it's back up but I'm not restarting my server until the kinks get worked out...

The kinks will never get worked out. The team behind the mod are nearly finished on the Stand Alone, they will be releasing that soon enough. They haven't been working on this for a very long time.

Any updates are done by community members and players of the mod, and these are generally just to get the mod compatible with the current builds. Don't expect to see combat mod fixed, especially so close to the retail game being finished.
    Well considering it's been updated to be compatible w/ 268's new abilities, I doubt very much that kinks won't still be attempted to be hammered out at least in some small capacity.
    I'm referring to game breaking kinks - like getting 15 res points off the bat. Combat has always been a bit glitchy but not entirely unplayable.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    edited September 2014
    Please fix the following bugs:

-Upgrade Points 20 at round start for certain players
    -Aliens can heal hive during overtime
    -Menu bug
    -Final win/lose title says marines win regardless (not that important)

I know you guys are busy, but these are fairly game breaking, and there are a few servers still running the mod.
    Also another problem...When you try to switch teams midway to marine, it doesn't work.
    Combat MOD RIP. Was fun while it lasted
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys... we don't have time to fix the mod ourselves, we're too busy trying to add new content to the standalone game, but I have always promised that if people submit patches I will integrate and publish new versions of the old mod version of combat for you.